Super Samson

grizzlyg

Hi Folks,

Now I have your attention I am not saying Samson is great. We all know the season he has had and the amount of blunders he has cost. A shame as there have been games where his shot stopping has been great. What I am proposing is we all get behind him for remainder of season. Look nothing is going to change this season and in summer we can look for a replacement (Manus or Jamie McDonald would be good options).

Samson doesn't pick the team so blame lies with Magoo and Robbo. Saturday was embarrassing when the sarcastic applause rang out. That doesn't help anybody and at this stage of season we need everyone pulling together. Samson not great but there are a few other suspects that have been poor recently.

Lets hope we can get it right on Saturday against Ross Co.

COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Like 1

Managers, personnel & formations have all been changed this season. The one constant has been our liability of a goalkeeper.

Nothing short of negligence that we emerged from January without a credible alternative.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but the points that guy has lost us, could get us relegated. We can point the finger at the defence as well, but if your a defender and you know your keeper is not coming off his line for anything, even in the 6 yard box, you have to go for it, hence why we have individual errors being made, and we have a lot of scrambled goals against us. As someone else commented, the other goalkeepers must be rank rotten.

• Like 1

I thought he'd turned a corner after a run of decent performances in December and January and gained some favour with the fans with the celebrations at NDP.

His main problem seems to be that when he makes a save, he far too often puts the ball back into the danger area. He is a decent shot stopper, but those in front of him also have to shoulder some blame for failing to clear any second balls. Any parried save seems to result in a goal. (Must be close on 1/2 the goals we've conceded).

I do agree though, we have to get behind him, as denting his confidence further can only be detrimental.

John Ruddy is a weird one getting released, he has made 28 appearances this season. Has he been poor and they are wanting shot or has he not signed a new contract?

Quite a few big names been released by Norwich today. It's probably more to do with not bouncing back into the Premiership straight away as they won't have that ludicrous parachute payment this year.

Ruddy was over rated here. Had a very good first loan spell but his second loan spell had made quite a few mistakes.

The whole Samson furore has raddled peoples minds so much that they think other goalkeepers at this level are somehow flawless. The guy at the other end on Saturday, Scott Bain, has been getting similar stick all season from Dundee fans. Did you see Ryan Esson on Friday? Jamie MacDonald has been dropped by Kilmarnock. Fon Williams has not exactly been convincing.

Probably the best goalkeeper in the bottom 6 is Scott Fox, who's impressed me over the past couple of seasons, but I always felt he was pretty dodgy in his Thistle days.

And do you remember Cammy Bell conceding THAT goal in the play off? Cammy Bell is better than anyone we will get.

I'm sorry, but the points that guy has lost us, could get us relegated. We can point the finger at the defence as well, but if your a defender and you know your keeper is not coming off his line for anything, even in the 6 yard box, you have to go for it, hence why we have individual errors being made, and we have a lot of scrambled goals against us. As someone else commented, the other goalkeepers must be rank rotten.

Tbf McDonald's sitters alone could probably see us 6th tbh. The whol team bar maybe one or two can say they've been goid enough

• Like 1

Is that the same John Ruddy who left us to play in the English Premiership, earn rave reviews and an England call up?

Yeah, he's pish!!!

Didn't say he was pish. I just said that when people talk about Ruddy round here there are some rose coloured glasses coming out.

My point was really - all goalkeepers make mistakes. Some get a pass, others don't.

Managers, personnel & formations have all been changed this season. The one constant has been our liability of a goalkeeper.

True, but Heneghan has only missed the one game, solid partnership in development

He is a fucking donkey.

I understand trying to soften the reaction to folk, and I fully agree that the sarcastic applause is awful, but the guy just has my head in my hands week in, week out.

He is an embarrassing shambles and if I never see him darken a Well jersey again, it will be too soon.

• Like 1