Season Tickets 2017/18

Toxteth O'Grady

Assuming prices are the same regardless of the division we'll be playing in...

http://www.mymfc.co.uk/prices

As a valued season ticket holder we are delighted to let you know we have today launched Season Tickets for the forthcoming 2017/18 campaign.

You will receive your renewal pack through the post shortly but in the meantime we are emailing to let you know all about what we have planned for next season.

We are delighted to announce that our prices for the new season will not carry an increase and would like to thank all of our season ticket holders and fans for their support this term.

This means that supporters who take advantage of the early bird discount before 1st June 2017 can watch all 19 home fixtures from around £16 per game. Those that have children can bring themselves and up to two kids to Fir Park for exactly the same price with our WELLevate initiative which, for one adult and two children at just £16 per game, represents fantastic value for money.

New for 2017/18, we have reduced all 15 and under tickets to £20, which works out at just over £1 per game. Chairman Jim McMahon said: The Board is pleased to offer frozen prices this summer as we look to try and rebuild again for the forthcoming campaign.

We have also pro-actively worked to try and reduce the financial cost barriers for our young supporters to get to games. For just over £1 a game it is probably one of the cheapest days out you can have in the area."

He added: Previously these tickets were priced at £70 each, so its a sizeable reduction that we hope, along with our fantastic WELLevate offer, can continue to attract the fans of tomorrow. We have also continued our additional offerings from many local businesses, which we will continue to add to over the next few weeks. In addition, we will be announcing a number of fantastic free offers exclusive to season ticket holders that you wont want to miss. We also have these fantastic offers that you can enjoy throughout the 2017/18 campaign

Find out more at www.mymfc.co.uk

"This means that supporters who take advantage of the early bird discount before 1st June 2017 can watch all 19 home fixtures from around £16 per game."

Presumably if we get relegated the club will do a Celtic and bring in a high class European opponent to make up the extra game....

Last season, the price was increased based on the increase in number of Cat A games following the 'return' of Rangers. Obviously this didn't come to fruition due to a club oversight. Using this logic though, if we are relegated surely the 2017/18 price will be reduced as we will have 18 Cat C games?

On a side note, concession age remains 60. Is it not about time this was brought into line with retirement age? We are potentially missing out on a fair whack from a sizeable cohort of our support that will have above average earnings.

On a side note, concession age remains 60. Is it not about time this was brought into line with retirement age? We are potentially missing out on a fair whack from a sizeable cohort of our support that will have above average earnings.

I've been on about this anomaly before. We are one of the few clubs to use 60 as opposed to 65 as a criterion. Personally I think it should be raised to 65 and that should include current beneficiaries like myself. I would have no problem in paying an increased price until I'm 65. However, don't assume that the 60-64 cohort does have above average earnings. Many do not and rely just on occupational pensions, with no wage coming in.

"This means that supporters who take advantage of the early bird discount before 1st June 2017 can watch all 19 home fixtures from around £16 per game."

Presumably if we get relegated the club will do a Celtic and bring in a high class European opponent to make up the extra game....

The 19th game will be in the playoffs next season...the relegation ones from the championship...

Believe a couple of clubs have a separate price for 60-65 year olds and then the full concession rate. Would be a quick way to try and bridge the gap with hopefully minimal fuss

I sit in the cooper and £18.33 per game is fine regardless of what league we are in.

The under 15 ticket is brilliant - fair play to the club for that. These are the guys who stick behind the team long after everyone else has either left, started the abuse or are sitting in silence. We need an increase in that demographic, particularly if we do end up in the Championship.

Unless you have kids to use the free tickets, is there any value/ benefit in having a season ticket?

If you miss 2, definitely by 3 games, financially you're worse off.

The "ticket scramble" that season ticket holders would jump the queue for has never once materialised in my lifetime.

I probably shouldn't be put in charge of marketing season tickets!

:lol:

Its the reason Me and my Dad gave up our season tickets. We had always wanted to get them and finally did the season we finished 3rd. But over the course of the season the amount of games moved for TV meant it actually cost my old man a fortune as he was forced to miss about 7 games as he physically couldnt make friday night or saturday lunchtime ko's. I also had to miss 3 games and with the amount it cost to travel, I decided to pick and choose

Unless you have kids to use the free tickets, is there any value/ benefit in having a season ticket?

The "ticket scramble" that season ticket holders would jump the queue for has never once materialised in my lifetime.

Media officer the perfect position for you no interview required

I got a ticket for the Ibrox play off game because I had a season ticket (for the following season) I wouldn't have otherwise and many others lost out.

For me the real benefit is that I don't need to organise a ticket for the Celtic games etc as I already have one, I.e convenience. As a secondary thing it's a financial commitment I am happy to make to the club, although I probably miss 2 or 3 matches it's still good value for me.

• Like 1

I actually lose money over the course of the season by getting a ST as for one reason or another we don't make every game, but the reason we still get one is purely the motivation to go, as your ticket is already bought. I reckon if we paid at the gate we'd be lucky if we were at 5 home games over a season.

• Like 3

I'll be buying mine as usual and it still represents good value for money. For comparison, I checked prices of one off events at the Hydro:

Prof Brian Cox £22-45

Steps £70

Celine Dion £155

Iron Maiden £50-65

I Love the 90s £40

Lady Antebellum £32-44

John Bishop £29-45

Mogwai £37

Dundee United season tickets are also on sale Adults from £299; 12-17 & Students from £165; Under 12s £18.

So by these yardsticks I'd say our season tickets are decent value for money although football in general and other forms of commercial entertainment are grossly overpriced.

Would you buy a ticket for all those shows and then only go to some of them?

I get that it's more of a commitment than an investment. At the moment I can't justify it, but when my boys are old enough to go regularly, it will offer great value.

I'd imagine unless the kids patg prices drop hugely then its worthwhile picking up a kids season ticket even if your children would only make 3/4 games a season with you.

Plus then there is that 'allure' of having their own season ticket.

A smart move I think.

• Like 1

The thing that strikes me is that the U15 offer is one we should be shouting from the rooftops. £20 for a season ticket? Equivalent of two, maybe three, trips to the cinema..?

Honestly I think we should extend this to U18s. What 16 - 18 year olds are earning? They are all still at school or going to college/uni.

As for concessions at 60 instead of 65......a nice wee gesture for long time supporters surely? Why chisel people for more money that have put their whole lives into the club?

My big concern is that we do a lot to attract younger supporters and then they get to the stage where at 16 17, 18, 19 there is a huge price increase in going to the football and I reckon we lose a lot of people who don't make the step up.

The sensible thing to do is to have graded tickets - school age, student, working age etc. Right now it doesn't quite connect together, there is no overall strategy.

• Like 3

Honestly I think we should extend this to U18s. What 16 - 18 year olds are earning? They are all still at school or going to college/uni...

100% agree... Lose fans between 16 & 18 an they're probably lost as completely, certainly as regulars. Would surely make sense for the club to continue investing in this age group until they have at least a chance of earning enough to justify the outlay for a Season Ticket. Surprised this didn't come up in the fans survey.