Scottish Premiership Hamilton Accies V Motherwell Sat 13 May 15:00

Kmcalpin

Sadly I cannot see Hammell being risked on the artificial surface and unfortunately I see Jules might play at left back!! I know he probably made his biggest mistake that he will ever make in his footballing career, surely he is learning from these, what I remember he did make an excellent tackle on a Ross County player in the penalty box, so he may have the potential, but sadly not with MFC

If your job and others are on the line, would you play him?

I wouldn't trust him!

Inexperience and now surely no confidence. These games are too crucial.

However too many of this team are ready to walk away end of season And won't impact them One way or another.

Get an u20 playing in his position. Maybe a big step up, by surely they will sweat for the jersey.

Time will tell!

Another Saturday listening on radio, shittin bricks!

I’m not overly confident of a victory, although at least the team we are playing are also lacking in confidence. Our away form has been marginally better so hopefully that will go some way to ensuring that we can take all 3 points. Also, if Killie can do us a favour by thrashing Inverness that would be much appreciated. Three points for Ross County would also bring Dundee back into the mix, however, maybe that’s too much to ask.

Sadly I cannot see Hammell being risked on the artificial surface and unfortunately I see Jules might play at left back!! I know he probably made his biggest mistake that he will ever make in his footballing career, surely he is learning from these, what I remember he did make an excellent tackle on a Ross County player in the penalty box, so he may have the potential, but sadly not with MFC

The boy is absolutely hopeless, he has made countless mistakes this season and looks like a fish out of water. Due to this he now has no confidence. I would rather play a midfielder in that position before him. Classic case of signing a guy from a championship youth squad that can't cut it at this level. Big and atheltic but zero footballing ability. The boy was playing with Braintree town on loan last year, think that says it all. Scotland U21 not sure how

I suspect we have reverted back to the days of Bertie with every Tom, Dick and Harry being offered a cap. These days being capped for Scotland means nothing as the majority of our current squad are average at best.

I'm not sure that's actually the case.

Jules had never played a first team game at professional level before he pitched up at Fir Park yet had represented Scotland at u17, u19 and u21 level while Liam Lindsay has 69 appearances for Thistle (93 first team games in total) but has never been called up at any age group. It probably says a lot more about who's been in charge of the sides and what they've been prioritising than anything.

If nothing else Jules pretty disastrous loan and also the fact that Kennedy largely struggled at this level before his hips fell to bits should make it clear (if it wasn't before) that there's a huge difference between u23s football in England and playing in the top league up here.

• Like 1

The boy is absolutely hopeless, he has made countless mistakes this season and looks like a fish out of water. Due to this he now has no confidence. I would rather play a midfielder in that position before him. Classic case of signing a guy from a championship youth squad that can't cut it at this level. Big and atheltic but zero footballing ability. The boy was playing with Braintree town on loan last year, think that says it all. Scotland U21 not sure how

Sweeping statement that. Thistle didn't do too badly with his defensive partner Keown. Built a foundation that took them all the way to the top six. Well, that and clever investment of their Euromillions money...

• Like 1

Sweeping statement that. Thistle didn't do too badly with his defensive partner Keown. Built a foundation that took them all the way to the top six. Well, that and clever investment of their Euromillions money...

Exactly - Thistle got Keown and Ryan Edwards, who's an excellent midfielder, from Reading whilst we ended up with Jake Taylor and Zak Jules from the same club.

• Like 1

Agree on both those points, them getting Cerny back in goals rather than Scully and Stuckmann played a decent part in things as well.

I'm not sure that's actually the case.

Jules had never played a first team game at professional level before he pitched up at Fir Park yet had represented Scotland at u17, u19 and u21 level while Liam Lindsay has 69 appearances for Thistle (93 first team games in total) but has never been called up at any age group. It probably says a lot more about who's been in charge of the sides and what they've been prioritising than anything.

If nothing else Jules pretty disastrous loan and also the fact that Kennedy largely struggled at this level before his hips fell to bits should make it clear (if it wasn't before) that there's a huge difference between u23s football in England and playing in the top league up here.

Speaking to a journo mate, he seemed to suggest that was down to the fact that there is a culture that once you have represented Scotland at one under age level, it's almost an automatic progression. This would explain how Cadden got his first cap aged 20, after a prolonged period in Motherwell's first team, while Jules was a regular before he had kicked a baw professionally. Hopefully it's something we would see change with new management, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Play Jules as an attacking midfielder, I have seen him on a couple of mazies, would add presence in there. Get him in the box for corners, he has scored with his head.

We have square pegs everywhere else, so why not?

I'm not sure Jules was ever intended to be anything other than occasional cover for our regular starters until our injuries hit. He has definitely lost confidence, and our habit of playing players out of position hasn't helped. No way he can play full back.

I've been away from the battle for a while and therefore I don't appreciate what shit you guys have had to put up with this season (although I have seen some serious shit on BBC Alba) but FFS, we only have three games to go so let's try and lift the f*cking mood. This post is totally depressing (almost).

We might lose on Saturday. We might go down. But then again we might not. We've wriggled away from relegation a few times over the past 30 years or so. When we do it's like winning the league. Remember Micthell Van Der Gaag? Remember hammering the h**s? Classics.

Let's take a few happy pills on Saturday, get behind the team and hope it's another one of those wonderful days.

It f*cking better be as I'm driving 800 miles to see it!!

Keep the faith. Get 100% behind the team. We can get out of this shit. COYW

• Like 9

I have just done a 15hr shift and gave up family time so I have Saturday off to go and cheer this rotten lot on this Saturday. I hope it's worth it. We pay a lot financially and time wise. I cannot support this team as they are crap but while they wear MY CLUBS colours I will back them. I've made the sacrifice now it's time they reward me.

• Like 5

I have just done a 15hr shift and gave up family time so I have Saturday off to go and cheer this rotten lot on this Saturday. I hope it's worth it. We pay a lot financially and time wise. I cannot support this team as they are crap but while they wear MY CLUBS colours I will back them. I've made the sacrifice now it's time they reward me.

Fair comment. Can't argue with that. I hope we get the result your commitment deserves.

Anyway, let's back them 100%. That's all we can do.

Bricking it for Saturday to be honest. So much that could be said after Saturday but trying to be positive. Looks like we are going to have a terrific crowd over there so let's get behind the team from the off. I have been really negative towards the team in the last few weeks but any of that on Saturday is just going to make this group of players shit the bed, a lot of them look shot of confidence. Very general long and short of things just now are the players are underperforming and the system isn't working. I strongly believe we need to go back to 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1. Do this and hope the players will seize the occasion

Griffiths

Ferguson Heneghan Mchugh Hammell

Cadden Lasley Pearson (if fit) Frear

McDonald

Moult

We need legs in midfield and as much as I thought Campbell/Lasley played fine last time out they are basically the same player. Cadden is never a right back, Ferguson is from what I am aware? Play players in their positions please. Get the balls to the wingers and get decent service to Moult. This slow build up play doesn't get us anywhere, we need to move the ball quicker and get the ball wide.

Mon the well.

• Like 2

Bricking it for Saturday to be honest. So much that could be said after Saturday but trying to be positive. Looks like we are going to have a terrific crowd over there so let's get behind the team from the off. I have been really negative towards the team in the last few weeks but any of that on Saturday is just going to make this group of players shit the bed, a lot of them look shot of confidence. Very general long and short of things just now are the players are underperforming and the system isn't working. I strongly believe we need to go back to 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1. Do this and hope the players will seize the occasion

Griffiths

Ferguson Heneghan Mchugh Hammell

Cadden Lasley Pearson (if fit) Frear

McDonald

Moult

We need legs in midfield and as much as I thought Campbell/Lasley played fine last time out they are basically the same player. Cadden is never a right back, Ferguson is from what I am aware? Play players in their positions please. Get the balls to the wingers and get decent service to Moult. This slow build up play doesn't get us anywhere, we need to move the ball quicker and get the ball wide.

Mon the well.

Ferguson's a centre half.

I'm hoping Pearson is fit for this game and we can pull a performance out of him.

The fact we have no goal threat or creativity in the middle of the park makes it so easy for teams to double up on our wingers knowing we offer no threat whatsoever from the centre of midfield. If Pearson could provide a bit of drive from CM it would give us another attacking dimension as well as hopefully free up some space for our wide players.

He hasn't looked like the Pearson of last season yet but if ever there was a time Saturday is it!

No idea why people mention Ainsworth we need people who will fight on Saturday and imo Ainsworth showed last Saturday he has none . I would actually say he stands near defenders so he dosnt get ball instead of trying to make space .I would rather play an under 20 like Mclean or even Gordon before Ainsworth as he's finished with Motherwell and feel he offers nothing . If it was the old Lionel yes could see it but unfortunately he left the building a long time ago.

• Like 1

Ainsworth was playing mostly central on Saturday and we kept passing it to his feet when he was stationary.

I'm not saying he would be the answer, but if we are going to play him we need to play to his strengths.