Scottish Premiership Hamilton Accies V Motherwell Sat 13 May 15:00

Kmcalpin

Truly abysmal game, tactics still bother me but today you gotta balance off against the pressure they were under.

Pretty much. We have a coach who's tactic is 'shitefest to 10th'.

Huge game, must win, we did and I'm thankful for that but......there was just so much wrong today. The tactics, the quality, the level of performance, the decision making. We scraped a win against an awful Accies team and still nearly blew it at the end.

Hopefully we can get the win midweek, guarentee 10th and just bury this season under 6 feet of earth.

Big, big changes required.

• Like 1

Yes we need a major clearout at the end of season but still a huge victory.

Agree on both counts - there's a lot of flak heading the way of the manager but he achieved what we set out to achieve. Ground out a vital three points

What option do we have other than to shitfest a game with a midfield of cadden frear Lasley Campbell and clay?

Pretty much. We have a coach who's tactic is 'shitefest to 10th.

In fairness he admitted that was the plan when he took the job. He said it wouldn't be pretty but get to the end of the season still in the league, and the plan for next season will be very different.

Everyone seemed happy enough with that and in agreement....until it actually happens and everyones raging.

• Like 7

2 positive results out of the last 3 are essential. One of these must be a win against Accies. A win for Accies means we need two results that they don't get over the course of the last two games. A draw means we are still behind and they just need to match our results. In that situation a last minute winner for Accies in the last game could do for us.

A 3-0 win would make such a difference tomorrow.

Job half done, still concerned about the goal difference but if we better Accies result midweek we are safe.

As a wise man once said, "lets not go sucking each others dicks just yet", but fuck me, what a relief getting that result. Still work to be done but a big effort on Tuesday and we might be there.

We can worry about performance and ability later, lets face it, aside from Moult, Skippy when he's not being a dick and Lionel when he shows up, we are seriously lacking.

Not a pretty game, some more diabolical mistakes that accies were too pish to punish us for, but we got some luck and it was a belter.

What can you say about Moulty? Love the guys effort, ability and application but he celebrated that goal as if he was born a 'well fan. Love the guy, we are going to miss him. Without him, we would have been relegated.

Mon the 'well!

• Like 4

Certainly not the best game to watch, but we won ugly which we needed and once we scored you could feel the relief from our players and certainly starting to pass the ball a bit better after the goal.

Clancy certainly did not help both teams half the bookings were a joke and thought Devlin's booking merited a red card IMO

Must confess I hated ever minute of that. I couldn't relax, it felt more like something I had to endure. Although it's a massivemassive 3 points. I will only be able to enjoy a game when we are safe as will can still be pulled into the play offs.

Some sympathy for Hamilton as were rotten and they fought harder than us we just got lucky.

But that's football I'd rather see them go down than us.

So to all who made the effort today make the effort on Tuesday as as long as we don't loose we should be safe.

Game just starting on Alba if anyone fancies a repeat.

I must have a screw loose but i watched those extended Alba highlights. I hadnt appreciated at the game itself quite how poor we were. We really have regressed this season. Head tennis, long balls, panic stations. No spark, no creativity....

Next year really does require a massive rebuild. If we carry on the way we are going but lose Moult then we are well and truely fucked!

It's impossible to play any kind of football on that plastic monstrosity and I'll be delighted if the pitch is relegated and never returns.

Every pass needs a second, waist high touch to bring it under control and any kind of long pass just skids away from players. The wind played a big part too and was no coincidence we did better when it was behind us.

Not kidding myself we are a good side, but I would never judge any player on that surface. We got the win we needed, and that is all that matters at this stage of the season.

I am sure it was nerve shredding at the game but am in Vigo at moment and it was hellish being updated via mobile. As an aside was watching Man U v Celta Vigo game in local bar Thurs managing to convince locals I waz not English or a Man U fan was not easy. I felt their pain at the end, heres hoping its the only football pain i will feel this season. All about the result not the performance and thank god for Louis

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

FFS you would think we had been relegated today going by most of the posts on here tonight. We won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.K. we won ugly but WE WON.

Accies had one attempt on goal in 90 minutes but some are saying we were lucky. We were playing with half our first choice defence missing and still kept a clean sheet.

Robinson's remit was to keep us in the top flight and by next weekend I think he will have done that. Lets see where we are at the turn of the year before the usual suspects on here start calling for his head.

COYW

• Like 2

Just watched the highlights, brilliant reactions from players and fans alike at the final whistle. Moult's reaction is nothing short of quality.

Having said that last week we were punished by a shocker of a mistake. Today there were 3 really bad ones that could've cost us; first half Lasley with an awful clearance, 2nd half Griffiths comes for a cross ball and gets fuckin nowhere near it, and lastly Heneghan trying to dribble out of defence towards the end.

Absolutely delighted we won, but it could've been a very different atmosphere on here tonight had any of those chances meant we didn't win.

Pretty much. We have a coach who's tactic is 'shitefest to 10th'.

Huge game, must win, we did and I'm thankful for that but......there was just so much wrong today. The tactics, the quality, the level of performance, the decision making. We scraped a win against an awful Accies team and still nearly blew it at the end.

Hopefully we can get the win midweek, guarentee 10th and just bury this season under 6 feet of earth.

Big, big changes required.

Is that you on a high?

Still to see a good game on that pitch but we generally defended OK and we were the team who were trying to win - just throwing Ainsworth signalled that intent.

Very unusual for Accies but they were sleeping at that free kick. I think Ainsworth just coming on threw them and they didn't know who was meant to be marking whom and we got our bit of luck that it looped in.

Was expecting the jugular to be thrown but it was pretty half hearted, like us last week they looked like a team resigned to defeat the moment we scored.

Hopefully a wee lift and we can sneak another one on Tuesday night.

Does anyone know why Accies grounds staff were watering the pitch yesterday in 2 corners? I didn't know that you had to water artificial pitches and certainly not after wet weather! The pitch was shocking yesterday and was a huge factor in the poor standard of play.