Scottish Premiership Hamilton Accies V Motherwell Sat 13 May 15:00

Kmcalpin

Things are so grim I'm thinking we should bring Joe Chalmers back into the team...

I can't see us getting anything here. One thing Hamilton have is fight in abundance. They'll be delighted to be playing us.

It might not be so far fetched. If Hammell isn't fit, and remember its an artificial surface, then it might be a straight choice of Chalmers or Jules.

Yeah, you're probably right as the likes of Imrie and Crawford always seem to raise their game against us.

The first half against ICT yesterday they were very poor and should have been buried by half time, hopefully they put in a similar showing. No doubt it will be a tight nervy affair, I would love it if we could grind out a win at NDP due to the misery we usually go through there.

It's going to be a long week building up to Saturday but my pettit lip from yesterday has eased a bit and I'm beginning to get up for the fight again.

Okay what's done is done, we can't change any of the shite that's gone before.

But despite it all the situation is still rectifiable - however improbable that might currently appear. Three wins would do it (so easy when you type it fast). Even two would quite probably do it. I don't think Robinson will be focusing any further than Saturday and in a sense he perhaps shouldn't be focusing a great deal beyond getting the first goal.

Get that and (obviously) it's a game-changer. But a game changer not only in the context of the result against Accies but the mindset of the team. We know they are fragile as fuck if they go behind so it is absolutely essential we score first.

And if we do then the pressure is all on them and if you've spoken to any of their fans or read their forums they'll speak of the same bottle merchants with no character that you read about on here.

Accies can fight? Accies players can rise to the occasion? Accies are as fucking shit as we are! They aren't 10-15 points ahead of us, they're about 4 goals ahead of us.

Accies haven't beaten us in five!

And Accies will lose again on Saturday

Fucked in about them Motherwell!!!

• Like 5

It's going to be a long week building up to Saturday but my pettit lip from yesterday has eased a bit and I'm beginning to get up for the fight again.

Okay what's done is done, we can't change any of the shite that's gone before.

But despite it all the situation is still rectifiable - however improbable that might currently appear. Three wins would do it (so easy when you type it fast). Even two would quite probably do it. I don't think Robinson will be focusing any further than Saturday and in a sense he perhaps shouldn't be focusing a great deal beyond getting the first goal.

Get that and (obviously) it's a game-changer. But a game changer not only in the context of the result against Accies but the mindset of the team. We know they are fragile as fuck if they go behind so it is absolutely essential we score first.

And if we do then the pressure is all on them and if you've spoken to any of their fans or read their forums they'll speak of the same bottle merchants with no character that you read about on here.

Accies can fight? Accies players can rise to the occasion? Accies are as fucking shit as we are! They aren't 10-15 points ahead of us, they're about 4 goals ahead of us.

Accies haven't beaten us in five!

And Accies will lose again on Saturday

Fucked in about them Motherwell!!!

Great post.

Edit: Even if we lose this we still have to turn up in great numbers at the Killie game as if we then lose that we're down and the players deserve to exit the pitch to worst abuse ever dished out.

Things are so grim I'm thinking we should bring Joe Chalmers back into the team...

I can't see us getting anything here. One thing Hamilton have is fight in abundance. They'll be delighted to be playing us.

Joe is playing like a cultured pro for the U20s, knows when to let the ball run out and everything.

• Like 1

We are all old hands at this football lark. We all should know teams that have been terrible can out of nowhere turn in a terrific performance. And that's what you've got to belief otherwise there isn't much point going to the match. Or even supporting a club like ours.

Potentially my last match of the season (I hope!) as I don't think I can make it to the Kilmarnock match (first missed home match in 7 years) and Inverness away I'm thinking about going to but I'm not sure yet.

Worth noting that we are unbeaten against Accies in close to 2 years (a year and 7 months if you want to split hairs.) Whether this means we've got their number or they are due a result against us I'm not sure, but our record against them isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

While we are sleep walking towards the championship!

Perhaps it's starting to hit home now, but it seems our players and to an extent the fans have thought we'd get away with it, but our last 2 results have put us right in the sh!t! We've let Dundee then county off the hook, and now there's only accies left.

Just aswell we have a great record at NDP.....

We, the fans, need to play our part on Saturday in this very important crunch game and I hope as many as possible will make the short trip across the Clyde. We need to turn up in numbers and back the team. It would be great if we spilled over into the temporary stand but I don't know if we will take sufficient numbers or indeed if Accies would want our fans in there.

I was assuming that's why they have made it all-ticket, so they can get a gauge of what areas they need to keep clear and then open for us.

We always take numbers there...filled our end at the last game. I'm expecting we'll need more than the one stand on Saturday.

• Like 1

I was assuming that's why they have made it all-ticket, so they can get a gauge of what areas they need to keep clear and then open for us.

We always take numbers there...filled our end at the last game. I'm expecting we'll need more than the one stand on Saturday.

I agree Al but why wait so late to confirm the arrangements with Fir Park?

I'm not so sure they have made it 'all ticket' - purchasing of advance match tickets is available for most matches is it not?

I might be wrong but assume that if all the tickets are sold, unlikely I know, then there will be no PATG facility. As I mentioned at the weekend it was a late decision by Accies to give us tickets at all ie all PATG.

Was in the ticket office before the Rose County game today and was told Accies is ticket only.

This is it now really... if ever there was a time for a big, noisy and positive support.... it's next saturday.

What difference does a big noisy support do ?.. we took nearly 2000 to every away game in the bottom six games when we ended up in the play offs before , did fuck all to change the abysmal results. Took a big healthy support to Firhill couple weeks back , did fuck all we were still abysmal. We take a big noisy support to Accies every game and what return has it shown? fuck all , our record there is atrocious. Doesnt matter if we take 4 or 4000 to Accies it will not affect the result one bit.

What difference does a big noisy support do ?.. we took nearly 2000 to every away game in the bottom six games when we ended up in the play offs before , did fuck all to change the abysmal results. Took a big healthy support to Firhill couple weeks back , did fuck all we were still abysmal. We take a big noisy support to Accies every game and what return has it shown? fuck all , our record there is atrocious. Doesnt matter if we take 4 or 4000 to Accies it will not affect the result one bit.

Agreed. The players aren't lacking motivation and support.

Quality and tactical know-how is the issue.

• Like 2

We, the fans, need to play our part on Saturday in this very important crunch game and I hope as many as possible will make the short trip across the Clyde. We need to turn up in numbers and back the team. It would be great if we spilled over into the temporary stand but I don't know if we will take sufficient numbers or indeed if Accies would want our fans in there.

Totally agree

At Firhill recently for example, we had a big support, yes... but as soon as things start to look poor on the field the crowd turns negative / nervous and in my view the players feel that and you get into a vicious circle. I'll compare the recent Dundee and Ross County games as well... ultimately the result was the same, but it felt to me that at least against Dundee the fans and the team thought we might score again ... but against Ross County, as soon as they scored it looked and felt all over.

I just take the view that a positive backing from the fans (ideally in numbers) just might make a wee difference... and is therefore far more preferable to the negativity we usually get when things go a bit wrong.

At Firhill recently for example, we had a big support, yes... but as soon as things start to look poor on the field the crowd turns negative / nervous and in my view the players feel that and you get into a vicious circle. I'll compare the recent Dundee and Ross County games as well... ultimately the result was the same, but it felt to me that at least against Dundee the fans and the team thought we might score again ... but against Ross County, as soon as they scored it looked and felt all over.

I just take the view that a positive backing from the fans (ideally in numbers) just might make a wee difference... and is therefore far more preferable to the negativity we usually get when things go a bit wrong.

We will just need to agree to differ I can list tons of games where we turn out in numbers and we do bugger all and get beat .. I can also name games we've had two men and a dug and got a result. Its whats on the park that matters nothing else, sadly for us.

We will just need to agree to differ I can list tons of games where we turn out in numbers and we do bugger all and get beat .. I can also name games we've had two men and a dug and got a result. Its whats on the park that matters nothing else, sadly for us.

Any chance you could get in touch with those two guys?

And the dug too, best not to take any chances...

• Like 1

Any chance you could get in touch with those two guys?

And the dug too, best not to take any chances...

Well done Weegie Dosser. Never thought among all the despondency on here anything could lighten the mood but you managed to bring not a just a smile but a laugh. Precious.

• Like 1

Well done Weegie Dosser. Never thought among all the despondency on here anything could lighten the mood but you managed to bring not a just a smile but a laugh. Precious.

Indeed. Let's get a grip and get stuck in. We are not down yet and, surprisingly, staying up is still in our hands. Let's show some belief and commitment and get stuck into them!

• Like 1