Scottish Premiership Hamilton Accies V Motherwell Sat 13 May 15:00

Kmcalpin

If you water any pitch in the corners, you're encouraging the ball to run out and not hold up, therefore affecting the chances created versus potential set pieces.

That would make sense. The 2 corners were the ones that we were attacking down our left wing.

Sorry mate but that makes no sense at all - we can't attack both corners of the same wing - we have to defend one of them, therefore disadvantages the oppostion as much as it does us.

Just to clarify - the far away left hand corner (Sainsbury's end) was watered before the first half began and the near end hand right corner was watered at half time.

Well done to everybody who attended the game yesterday . Great support throughout and reckon it really helped in getting us a result .

Same again on Tuesday and hopefully it'll get us over the line . Massive game now

Well said - great support yesterday who didn't have a great deal to shout about (goal and result apart). Take some positivity and a decent support in to the game on Tuesday and get the job done

Overall we just deserved the 3 points and all important outcome was the win end of.

Predictably it wasn't a classic but we did the business. Little point in going on about line up or tactics but I did feel sorry for Cadden as he was frequently left very exposed and on occasion had to cover 2 or even 3 men. The team did show spirit though and our grit won through. Heneghan and McHugh were probably the pick of the bunch. Moult again proved his worth and it was very fitting and pleasing that it resulted from a free kick conceded by Hamilton. You couldn't have written the script much better. I don't understand one or two comments about us being lucky. Griffiths had one good save to make and that resulted indirectly from a wicked deflection. Fortune, in the shape of the refereeing decisions favoured Accies.

Devlin was was very fortunate indeed not to pick up an early red card for wiping out Frear who had skinned him. Docherty was also very lucky to escape a red card, indeed any card, for planting his studs straight into Lasley's knee in a horrific tackle. I've watched MacDonald's yellow card several times in highlights and am convinced he didn't dive at all. Sarris, yes him again, clearly sticks out his boot to trip him and his reaction says it all - he buries his hands in his face as he thinks he's about to be carded.

The crowd were great, gave the side commendable backing and in the main behaved. Only one incident of folk sitting in the wrong seat near us and they reluctantly moved on when very assertively told to move by the legitimate occupants.

A typical derby against a cynical Accies team, with plenty of talking points and we claim the 3 points. I can read the papers this morning (online of course.)

• Like 2

Just to clarify - the far away left hand corner (Sainsbury's end) was watered before the first half began and the near end hand right corner was watered at half time.

There may be no legal, or even moral case to answer, but this still makes them cheating cunts in my book.

Don't we do exactly the same thing at Fir Park? And every other club, for that matter.

Pretty much, only its our players that spend a lot of time slipping and falling on their arse, not sure our maangement and groundstaff are communicating

• Like 1

We do water the pitch at FP using sprinklers, which are centrally placed, and therefore gives the ball a bit more zip when being passed about, as well as the downside of players falling on their arses occasionally. Legend does have it that proponents of a long ball style would,instruct groundsmen to leave grass slightly longer in the corners so that ball would stick when hoofed up the channels. Canny do this with plastic obvs. The dark arts of groundsmanship eh?

That game was saved by the occasion.

I've thought this for a few weeks now but we look like we are regressing as a team and seem to have forgotten how to string a couple of passes together. This was evident about half an hour in when we all applauded a 4 pass move when in reality it was basic stuff which, even earlier this season, we were doing on a regular basis.

That said, I don't give a fuck just now. That's next seasons worry. Yesterday was absolutely glorious. I can barely remember a player having an affinity with the fans in the way oor boy Louis does. Whenever he goes, he'll leave a hero.

• Like 1

The crowd were great, gave the side commendable backing and in the main behaved. Only one incident of folk sitting in the wrong seat near us and they reluctantly moved on when very assertively told to move by the legitimate occupants.

Not sure if I misunderstood what was going on, but a guy showed up 25 mins in - the steward found him an unoccupied seat which looked about 15ft away from his allocated seat, however he started filming himself and the steward, holding up his ticket, shouting that he was in the wrong seat then eventually (I think) got huckled out. Bizarre.

Only one incident of folk sitting in the wrong seat near us and they reluctantly moved on when very assertively told to move by the legitimate occupants.

Unfortunately there was one unsavoury incident in front of us. I missed the start of it but my wife and son said that a group of about 5/6 45-year-old casuals sat in the front row but one of their group decided he was going to sit right behind them in row B. The fact that every seat was taken didn't bother the wee ned and he just pushed a guy away from his seat and told him to find somewhere else. He didn't give a shit about any comments from anyone around him, threatened to fight the guy whose seat he had taken when the man went to get a steward and rounded on the man's mate when he dared to touch him to say to him to calm down. The second guy then left to find his mate and took him to find another pair of seats rather than face the hassle and it was only because the guy and his mate who suffered were ordinary decent guys who didn't want trouble that the wee wanker didn't get the fight that he seemed to be ready to welcome. By the time I knew what was going on, it was all virtually over but the wee arsehole was the sort who was totally unconcerned of what anyone thought of him as long as he got his own way. I know you get all sorts among a fan base but there sure are some who embarrass you to think they support the same club.

Unfortunately there was one unsavoury incident in front of us. I missed the start of it but my wife and son said that a group of about 5/6 45-year-old casuals sat in the front row but one of their group decided he was going to sit right behind them in row B. The fact that every seat was taken didn't bother the wee ned and he just pushed a guy away from his seat and told him to find somewhere else. He didn't give a shit about any comments from anyone around him, threatened to fight the guy whose seat he had taken when the man went to get a steward and rounded on the man's mate when he dared to touch him to say to him to calm down. The second guy then left to find his mate and took him to find another pair of seats rather than face the hassle and it was only because the guy and his mate who suffered were ordinary decent guys who didn't want trouble that the wee wanker didn't get the fight that he seemed to be ready to welcome. By the time I knew what was going on, it was all virtually over but the wee arsehole was the sort who was totally unconcerned of what anyone thought of him as long as he got his own way. I know you get all sorts among a fan base but there sure are some who embarrass you to think they support the same club.

That is absolutely appalling behavior.

That's poor. It's not very often we sell out an allocation but when it does happen there's unfortunately a chance of this sort of thing happening. Most people I saw moved when asked as they realised there weren't spare seats for the ticket holder to move to but there are a small number of people in society who just seem to be looking for a fight even if it's with a fellow fan.

I can safely say that I've never considered the Motherwell-Hamilton games as a big match, I don't know many Accies fans for a start so there isn't really any banter involved pre or post-match, but Saturday is the 1st time that I've had butterflies in my stomach for a match with them. It was probably due to the sheer importance of the occasion though, and it was great to see us fill that stand behind the goals.

It was far from pretty, in fact it was up there with one of the worst games of football I've ever seen, the pitch is nothing short of a disgrace at this level...however, at this stage of the season and the mire we've dug ourselves into, the performance really isn't important in the grand scheme of things. That we managed to dig in, keep a clean sheet and come away with a 1-0 win is fantastic for the Club. I wouldn't say we rode our luck, as some have suggested, as Accies never really put us under too much pressure, but we certainly got lucky with our goal, which I believe came off Moults shoulder rather than his head.

Its in our hands now, and I think even a draw tomorrow night will be enough to see us finish 10th as I don't see Accies beating Ross County.

Sounds like the wee Ned can't hold his drink. Prick.

Lets not pretend that the performance on Saturday was anything but piss poor. The standard of football played was dreadful but we got the three points, which was the main aim.

Don't think anyone really stood out for me as a MOTM as it was such a dull encounter. Griffiths doesn't fill me with confidence and look extremely nervous anytime a high ball came into him. Going on the very little I have seen him, I wouldn't be pursuing him for a permanent move in the summer.

It looks like we might just crawl over the line now, which will be a massive relief. With the improvement that Hibs will bring to the league, I can only see a further struggle next season and I reckon we have only just delayed the inevitable for relegation for another 12months.

• Like 1

Not sure that it's inevitable i mean Ross Co, Killie, Partick, Accies if they stay up won't be in a much better position going into the summer.We will lose players it just depends if we can replace them with half decent ones which for every position other than the forwards wouldn't be difficult.I'd be surprised if we're not in the bottom half next season but 8th/9th isn't beyond us with a few decent signings.

• Like 2