Mcgee The Ego Has Spoken.

gilmour

What did you expect him to say? He was asked a question by a journalist, and he's presumably looking for another job. He's hardly going to say he was rubbish and deserved the sack.

Yep, no problem with what McGhee said. It's just his style and it's given him a career at a decent level of football.

Compare it to how McCall's comments when he left us though:-

"I struggled to sleep after Friday’s game with St Johnstone then woke up again during the night Saturday into Sunday, thinking about the Dundee United game and I just couldn’t come up with any answers. I felt that with the International break coming up, now would be a good time to step aside to allow the club time."

Pure class. I still love Stuart McCall.

What did you expect him to say? He was asked a question by a journalist, and he's presumably looking for another job. He's hardly going to say he was rubbish and deserved the sack.

Personally I would have preferred that out of respect to former colleagues, the importance of the game they are facing and the position in which they find themselves in; and given that he played no small part in those colleagues arriving at this point, he just declined to answer.

Naive as that may sound.

• Like 1

Absolutely love McCall. McGhee's first spell was class, but his second was a disaster, and there's a small to decent chance we'll go down as a result.

It wasn't a disaster. He got us top 6 last season.

I wouldn't advise you hold your breath until we are in that position again.

Taking the last decade alone, every manager we have had has contributed in no small way to keeping us in the Premiership. Mcghee, Gannon, Brown, McCall, and Baraclough.

Football management is a tough gig and the vilifacation of football managers, I find hard to stomach. The car salesman, imposter that was Ian Baraclough kept us in the division and yet his treatment by Well fans was terrible. I would argue that he actually did more than any other manager in the last 10 years for securing our future. That our future is in jeopardy again shows how difficult it is to stay in the league.

These guys put more effort into their jobs that the average joe. I would thank every single one of them given the chance.

Let's hope we can add Robinson to the list over the next two weeks.

Not so sure on the love in for McCall. He left a sinking ship to save his reputation rather than stay and fight for us.

...or he had run out of ideas and chose to give up a wage giving someone else a chance to potentially do a better job, which Bara failed to do .Out of interest , Whose your favourite manager been and why?

...or he had run out of ideas and chose to give up a wage giving someone else a chance to potentially do a better job, which Bara failed to do .Out of interest , Whose your favourite manager been and why?

Tommy McLean for guiding us to the Scottish Cup, tough management and leadership, bringing through O'Donnell, signing Cooper, and his tartan shawl!