Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Kilmarnock Tue 16 May 19:45

Wallace_MFC

Said before the game today I could see us grind out a result but then get beat on Tuesday. It's the Motherwell way after all. Hope to fuck I'm wrong

This. We are in a better position than we were before today's result., but we are not out of the woods yet. It isn't as if we have suddenly become a decent side with one win. I certainly do not relish the prospect of us going to Inverness next Saturday with the prospect of the play offs looming.

I am sure McDonald with his booking today will now have to serve a suspension, not sure if it is v Kellie or ICT?

it would be the play off, ironic as his sending off at St Mirren should have ruled him out of the Rangers play off

Not a pretty game, however, no matter where Louie plays next season he will always be a legend at Fir Park. Get in there!!!!!!!! COYW!

This. We are in a better position than we were before today's result., but we are not out of the woods yet. It isn't as if we have suddenly become a decent side with one win. I certainly do not relish the prospect of us going to Inverness next Saturday with the prospect of the play offs looming.

Too true we were utterly dire today , I have yet to see us looking remotely competent for months.. Killie will be a hard hard match beach towels or no for Killie.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but it is possible that we can be safe on Tuesday even if Accies win. It would need us to win and Dundee to lose . Given that they play each other in the last game any result would work for us. I know that somebody mentioned that we can no longer have a scenario where both Dundee and Accies need only a draw in the last game. It shows how big a result that was yesterday.

One question for the statos. Have Motherwell had back to back victories this season? I cannot think of any.

Edit: Just realised the post above makes this very point.

It would be great if we could be safe by the end of play on Tuesday but Motherwell seldom do things the easy way.

Maybe with Killie being safe that will have a bearing?

I don't think any 'Well fan is kidding themselves that we have suddenly become a good team because we scraped a 1-0 win, albeit in extremely tense circumstances, but hopefully it can give us the confidence to get what need on Tuesday. I'm sure we said that after the 4-2 win v Inverness though.....

I wouldn't be surprised if we head to Inverness still in the fight.

As it stands, we could win on Tuesday and still finish in 11th place. All it would take is for Accies to win both their games and Dundee to win their midweek game and us to lose at Inverness. By my reckoning, that would leave Dundee on 40 points and Accies on 38 points like ourselves but with a better goal difference. Impossible? I wouldn't say so. Watching Accies yesterday, they didn't look like a team that could win their last two games but stranger things have happened. We need to win on Tuesday and hope that Accies don't.

Yesterday was a massive result. But there's no point winning that to put ourselves back in a position of it being outwith our control again a few days later...