Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Kilmarnock Tue 16 May 19:45

Wallace_MFC

Absolutely - part of me hopes there's a change of plan and he's retained for next season but that's now very unlikely. His goals and assists are going to a major loss, more than people think. Cadden is unlikely to offer a similar attacking threat. I do recognise though that cadden offers more in other areas - that's not up for debate

I suspect that Frear is the man to replace Ainsworth if he continues to improve at the rate he has so far. I'd be inclined to extend his contract before next season starts.

Yes Ainsworth was probably the defining factor tonight and yes on his day he is a game winner however lets take off our top flight tinted glasses here, those days can be and proved to be around 1 in 6. He is the ultimate fair weather player.

And that's the dilemma, it's a tad infuriating that someone of his ability has had application issues. Without them he becomes as respected and loved among the support as Louis. I fear he may look back as a 40 year old and wonder if he could have played at a higher level if he applied himself differently.

4 managers now has failed to make starting him automatic. If you look at his history before Motherwell, it was a host of loans, from memory I think 11 clubs before he came to us in his mid 20's.

While McHugh has to be what our club is built around in the next few years, Ainsworth could be a welcome addition, however I think what the club and manager fear is that you end up with the 1 in 6 player opposed to lesser ability but more solid 4 in 6 which we kinda need.

While I will look back on his time positively (and I wanted him never in C&A after a game at Dundee 18 months ago), I will also consider him one of the great "what if's".

As for the keeper, that's two games now with basic mistakes (Jules goal and tonights). For a guy as big he seems rooted to his line and I counted two occasions where a more commanding presence would have saved a shaky 50p header from a defender. Let him go back to Everton and onto the market. There has to be other options.

...its the basic business of the club and ours seems to react to it like its the first time its ever happened, in fact I'd go as far as to say for years with only a handful of very dedicated but overstretched staff , the club was more efficient and on the ball...

A bit harsh... Season ticket sales are up a zillion percent, hospitality sells out every match, we have a super-amazing micro site, and a new mascot is on its way... We've never had it so good comrade.

#TheTruthIsOutThere #TrustNoOne

Trivia Question:

When was the last time before tonight we scored a goal direct from a free kick?

I thought Hateley, I was advised it was probably Faddy in a 3-1 loss to Hertz.

We've scored a couple in Dingwall too, Vigurs and Conor Grant.

Absolutely - part of me hopes there's a change of plan and he's retained for next season but that's now very unlikely. His goals and assists are going to a major loss, more than people think. Cadden is unlikely to offer a similar attacking threat. I do recognise though that cadden offers more in other areas - that's not up for debate

Im a big lionel fan, but you just can't keep the guy unless him and the manager understand each other and the manager plays him in the right position more often than not. What we have got out of him this season is not good enough. If him and Robinson get their acts together i wouldnt mind seeing him stay, but its a total waste of wages keeping him to play him in set ups and positions that he can't work in.

So tonight's match

Started brilliantly and think it was off the training ground. After teams came out and did 1min silence players went over to main stand and raced round cones to re warm the legs (never saw that before)

I do wonder why we or any club here doesn't just stick a couple of exercise bikes somewhere for subs to use periodically and a to get a good high intensity couple of mins just before a sub comes in to get the heart rate up.

A vital win last night which we deserved. The first half was very tense and despite a great start we finished the poorer team. Robinson was right to take off David Ferguson after 30 minutes or so but to be fair he had been hung out to dry. Cadden presumably was meant to be playing in front of him but ended up playing as part of a central midfield 3 and offered him no protection whatsoever. Other than that Cadden played well.

Our two wingers changed the game. Frear is looking like a real find and he's taken some punishment in the past two games. We deservedly won the game in a good second half.

I thought Lasley and Clay struggled all night and thats why Cadden was drafted into the middle to bail them out. As Melvin said earlier though, no-one can question Keith's commitment.

A good crowd last night which backed the team in its hour of need.

Great end to a poor season.

• Like 1

A vital win last night which we deserved. The first half was very tense and despite a great start we finished the poorer team. Robinson was right to take off David Ferguson after 30 minutes or so but to be fair he had been hung out to dry. Cadden presumably was meant to be playing in front of him but ended up playing as part of a central midfield 3 and offered him no protection whatsoever. Other than that Cadden played well.

Our two wingers changed the game. Frear is looking like a real find and he's taken some punishment in the past two games. We deservedly won the game in a good second half.

I thought Lasley and Clay struggled all night and thats why Cadden was drafted into the middle to bail them out. As Melvin said earlier though, no-one can question Keith's commitment.

A good crowd last night which backed the team in its hour of need.

Great end to a poor season.

Good summary Dave.

I see Marv was in the main stand, maybe bridges weren't burnt when he left the club. Good for him to see the young pretender Frear turn it on.

Chris Humphrey was there too.

I'm getting more and more impressed by Frear; he's toughening up and getting more confident. His touch to go round the goalie last night was superb.

• Like 1

Thought going forward we were as good as we have been, first half very jittery at the back.

Second half, we defended a bit deep at times but overall seemed fairly comfortable.

As has been covered, three excellent goals. A training ground corner kick, a howitzer from Ainsworth and an absolutely perfect counter attacking goal.

Saturday we grinded one out, last night I thought we played our way to victory. Robinson is far from perfect but unlike any manager we have had in recent times, he can read a game and make positive changes and that could be a valuable asset as we have picked a few points up due to it.

Referee was a 'mare. No complaints with him booking Lasley whose tackle was stupid so early in the game but some of the others were nonsense. I've not seen Clay's dive back - it looked like he was brushed so I thought the caution was harsh but granted it was never a penalty. The free kick we scored from looked like the perfect tackle at the time and replays confirm it was but over the season we've not had much luck and the Accies have had plenty - I think last night in both games we made a huge inroads into it whilst sticking a metaphorical dagger right through them. To be fair to that referee when we had him earlier in the season I thought he was pretty good so hopefully just a bad night - any guy we've had three wins out of three with should be encouraged back at every opportunity.

Killie were denied a stonewall penalty when McHugh handled a shot.

The referee was totally inconsistent last night and handled similar fouls in totally different ways. We were also denied a stonewall penalty in the first half at a corner when a Killie defender placed Moult? in a headlock as the ball was coming over.

Good to see Jim McMahon celebrate with Stephen Robinson after the final whistle blew on Tuesday night. On an aside I've watched the foul leading up to Ainsworth's goal time and again and to me its clear that Taylor caught Frear with a trailing boot. Intentional or not he did bring him down.

Good to see Jim McMahon celebrate with Stephen Robinson after the final whistle blew on Tuesday night. On an aside I've watched the foul leading up to Ainsworth's goal time and again and to me its clear that Taylor caught Frear with a trailing boot. Intentional or not he did bring him down.

I thought it was a foul at the time andvwatching it back, I've not changed my mind. I do think the ref was very poor with inconsistent decisions to similar fouls.

• Like 1

See Rancid article where Clancy and Walsh are rated 2nd and 3rd. We must have a right rank rotten bunch of refs.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/bobby-madden-no1-referee-deserves-10422303

Only one former pal giving his opinion and yes we have a crap bunch of refs. I would like to see all SPL managers rate them 1 to 10 and publish the results.

• Like 2