Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Kilmarnock Tue 16 May 19:45

Wallace_MFC

He can be, on the odd occasion you start him somewhere near his natural position

Exactly what I've been saying all season. He might be a bit of a one trick pony, but if you give him a chance it can be a good trick.

• Like 1

Griffiths made a few excellent saves tonight, he could develop as he goes on and has some good potential, Ainsworth, frear were unreal and special mentions to moult and the rest of the team what a fantastic performance, everyone showed fight and desire and a great atmosphere, best well game since the 2nd leg playoff

• Like 1

Ainsworth is an odd one. If he stays, he needs to do a lot more and get paid less. Cannot see it happening.

Anyway, a great result and I have the rest of a Taranaki autumn day to bask in the glory/ relief of our survival for another season in the top flight.

Yes was good tonight but will be offski as not consistent enough for me and 1 good game dosnt make up for the rubbish we've had most of season .

Not asking to start an argument, but how many times this season has Ainsworth been played as a winger. When we scudded County earlier in the season, he played a blinder and was dropped next game by McGhoo. Robinson has been trying to play him behind the strikers. I would reckon (although I don't know for sure) he's played/started less than 6 games this season in his natural position.

• Like 1

Not asking to start an argument, but how many times this season has Ainsworth been played as a winger. When we scudded County earlier in the season, he played a blinder and was dropped next game by McGhoo. Robinson has been trying to play him behind the strikers. I would reckon (although I don't know for sure) he's played/started less than 6 games this season in his natural position.

Ainsworth must stay. That's the potential player we have. Coached right and played in position like tonight he could be phenomenal. Mus credit Robinson with the change and also using ainsworth to his full potential. Give him a 1 year contract and see what player Robinson can make him into

I'm with you on that one Gilmour. I think some fans have neen on his back for no good reason. Personally I think he has been one of our best players since the split and was one of the few that showed some fight against Dundee and Ross County. Needs to be given more games in his proper position. He is a potential match winner when on song as he seemed to be tonight.

• Like 1

Enjoy and thanks for the commentary tonight. I am away tae bed as early tee time tomorrow. Playing with a h*n and a Dandy so can hold my head up high when I keep them apart!!!!

Lol enjoy. No worries. I hate BBC comentry and mfc twitters a bit one sided. I try to give it as I see it happening. Even if I check the wrong list for a player. Jones not bowman lol. Who roasted us until the change then they drove through the middle with frazzell which gave us time to get back. Defence looked shaky at times but did a good job, I feel with better coaching it won't be as bad next season. Good night

What amuses me is people saying that if you play Ainsworth in his natural position then you'll get the best out of him. His best spells tonight were playing as a striker and on the left wing. But he made a difference and if he's to go, he goes with my best wishes given he's played a massive part in helping us beat the drop. Twice..

Generally tonight, thought we were poor first half and came on to a game in the second.

I know Ainsworth is taking a lot of plaudits and rightly so but really impressed with Frear tonight as well. Set up the first goal, won the free kick for the second, scored the third. Not bad..

Oh, and I fucking love Carl McHugh...

• Like 2

Frear, Lionel and Emperor Moult were outstanding (his reverse pass to Frear was sublime, as was Elliot's cool finish). Cads nullified the wee Irish boy who had roasted Ferguson in the first 40 mins.

As usual we made a big mistake and gifted a goal but we really dug in.

Mammoth task now to rebuild for next year: quite a daunting prospect given the size of our budget.

Hope my season ticket money gets us a right back.

The big question is: is Mr Robinson the man for the job?