Lasley.

livivoice

Interesting what people thought of Keith`s very subdued body language at the end of the game.

Got me and others thinking was this him retiring or has he been told he is not being kept on. Another possibility was that he was simply exhausted after his efforts in the game or was it the cumulative effects of the pressure of the last few weeks.

Thoughts?

I think thats the last we will see of Lasley in Claret and Amber. I would be very surprised if he doesnt announce his retirement. He has been a magnificent servant to the club but every player knows when its time and it was written all over his face tonight.

Like most others on here I'm sure that was his last game at FP in C&A but I think he still has something to offer and could get signed by a championship team. Chased everything tonight and never stopped.

I stayed to the end of the walk round waiting for him to finish talking to the disabled fans to applaud him off the park.

Six month contract to ease him into his pension and to provide cover in the event of this year's midfield signings being as good as last year's.

Mchugh was a pretty good signing was he not? No more playing contracts for Keith - it would be a travesty, or a sacking offence, if he was signed again next season given we have mchugh and Campbell to play that very same position.

We can't keep offering renewed contracts to legends well and truly past their sell by date.

• Like 1

What I saw was a guy who grew up on the other side of the town, would have had a soft spot St Mirren or one of the OF.

However has spent the vast majority of his professional career here, has been a constant through many upheavals (and allegedly sowed some discontent at times too). He became one of us.

In an age where many see the vast majority of footballers as mercenaries, allegiance only for whoever is paying them in that instant, then I think its safe to say Keith breaks that mould, if you cut him he is as C&A as anyone else in the East Stand, there was a definite lump in the throat as he turned away.

• Like 1

1 year pay as you play

Not for me, the wages could be better spent on somebody else, he is done constantly chasing the game and diving in, as was seen last night for his booking. He has been a fantastic player for the club over the years but his time has come.

Thought he had a good game last night, but like others would be reluctant to see another playing deal handed out to him. Would be entirely on sentiment for me, and we can't afford that luxury in the required upcoming clear out.

An absolute stalwart and great servant to the club, but think last night was indeed his last run out at Fir Park, and he knew it hense the emotion. Our most successful captain on the past 30 years.

Thanks for it all Keef!

I've never been his biggest fan, a very limited footballer in my opinion, but he was excellent last night...I had a Canadian relative with me last night at his 1st Motherwell game who pretty much summed him up for me, 'he doesnt look like he has much ability, but he gives it everything'.

Sentimentality shouldn't come into our thinking this year, whether that be on or off the park.

• Like 1

From a professional point of view he has been superb,keeping himself in good shape and always acting like a captain,but in a footballing sense, his time has come! Infact being truthful his time came and passed 2 years ago and he has been living on sentimentality since.

He is 1 of the few guys Id be happy with giving a coaching job to due to his attitude and passion for the club but his playing days at MFC are over.