Moult.

livivoice

Not being at the game yesterday I was wondering if Moult gave any signs to the support when being substituted [ or after the game] whether this was his last game i.e. giving away boots, strip etc.

I doubt he knows but if a decent offer comes in then I doubt he will turn it down. He's 25 and probably making less than £2k per week. A championship club will at least treble his wages (possibly/probably more), no brainer. If he does well in his next gig he can get a bigger move and better contract when he's 27, right in his prime.

Its going to hurt when he goes, he's built a great relationship with the 'well fans, but really, if theres one guy who deserves a pay day after his service to us in recent times, it's Moult. Would be good if we got a big chunky fee for him though.

• Like 1

I don't see a big offer coming in for Moult (big enough anyway to replace him or contribute towards a decent league placing), and commercially it might be better to retain him and his goals.

I can't see offers above English league 1.

I think there will be an improved deal and he will take it.

Never really showed any sign of a long lost goodbye as he walked off. Sadly it's inevitable that louis will leave sooner rather than later. His stock cant really get much higher remaining with us. However i would imagine we will all still be scraching our heads with regards as to how much for. The board do love an undisclosed fee.

My issue is not with him being sold but what we sell him for

St mirren player left for Barnsley for £500k the other day, for an 18 goals a season Premier league player in a struggling premier league team we have to command more than what some 1st division players have been going for over the last couple of years

My issue is not with him being sold but what we sell him for

St mirren player left for Barnsley for £500k the other day, for an 18 goals a season Premier league player in a struggling premier league team we have to command more than what some 1st division players have been going for over the last couple of years

The st mirren player left for £200k plus add ons not £500k as you say. Big difference. Also st mirren would've been entitled to compensation if Mallon ran his contract down, and st mirren offered improved terms, which also protects the clubs interests, whereas we are not in that position. I'm not for a minute suggesting Mallan is better than moult, because he's not, but it's not a like for like comparison.
  • Like 1

A wee bit unfair. This term is becoming increasingly common and is usually always at the request of the buying club.

If I were the selling club, I wouldn't want the world knowing what we received as if I was going to replace a player I wouldn't want everyone knowing how much money I had in my back pocket.

If and when we get an offer for Moult then I hope we don't do our usual and bend over at the 1st 6 figure amount, our record of negotiating decent fees for players is shocking. We took a punt on Moult and it turned out well so I hope that if we don't get a decent offer for him we will at least improve the deal he is currently on

If and when we get an offer for Moult then I hope we don't do our usual and bend over at the 1st 6 figure amount, our record of negotiating decent fees for players is shocking. We took a punt on Moult and it turned out well so I hope that if we don't get a decent offer for him we will at least improve the deal he is currently on

How far did we bend over the Marvin deal?

How far did we bend over the Marvin deal?

Not very far and I hope it was a sign of a tougher negotiating policy for future deals. We have let too many players go over the years for crap fees, no add ons etc, so here's hoping we get better at it.

When was the last time you think we bent over?

Jesus .... "club is useless, can't get money in for player X" and in the same thread, "the money we did get for player Y was shite"

Would be interested to know if anyone critical of the club has tried to sell something on eBay? You can only can bring in what someone is willing to offer. Ideally you get a bidding war but there's no guarantee that's going to happen.

As for Moult the club depend and he expects to move on this summer, it's part of the big plan. Can't help but feel if he broached 20 goals again this season he'd be on a couple of other radars.

Jesus .... "club is useless, can't get money in for player X" and in the same thread, "the money we did get for player Y was shite"

Would be interested to know if anyone critical of the club has tried to sell something on eBay? You can only can bring in what someone is willing to offer. Ideally you get a bidding war but there's no guarantee that's going to happen.

As for Moult the club depend and he expects to move on this summer, it's part of the big plan. Can't help but feel if he broached 20 goals again this season he'd be on a couple of other radars.

Absolutely. The very same point I have been trying to make. If we can't tie him down to a new contract, and that looks unlikely, then we are not in a strong bargaining position

We don't pay high wages, and sell players on when they have a year or less on their contracts. That deflates their value.

We have done well with guys like Marvin and Erwin (and to a lesser extent, Hall) and need to continue in that mould of developing the youngsters and finding "cheap" lower league talent. Not everyone will be a gem, but it only takes one 500k deal to make it worthwhile.

The alternative is to do a Dundee Utd and tie down everyone on higher wages and 5 or 6 yr contracts, selling the occasional 1 million+ player. And we can see how that worked out.

As for Moult, we should try something creative with add-ons like 300k up front then 20k per goal for his next 3 seasons plus 25% of future transfers.