League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

If you go to the SPFL website they have a list of the fixtures for the first round of the competition with the televised games shown. There's ours and the Ayrshire derby on the Friday night before.

Remember the Rangers game was shown live with a 3pm Saturday kick off last season too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

With the capacity of 3000 (500 seated) for Ainslie Park where we will play the Edinburgh City game, not sure how many Well fans will turn up, as we always seem to take a few fans when playing in Edinburgh, so hopefully will be a great atmosphere for that game.

Really looking forward to this game. A 'home' tie for me and Ainslie Park is a good wee set up.

If it wasn't a mid week I could see 2-2.5k Well fans coming through, not sure about midweek though maybe 1,500 or so with it being the holiday period.

Summer fitba' though, eh? Isn't that what I keep hearing people want?

Exactly....too many other outdoor things to do and holidays. Honestly believe crowds would drop....and what the hell would we do during the winter. (Other than drink more

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Seen some numbers for the prize money for the league cup today.

12.5k for the QP game being on tv.

25k if we finish runner up and don't qualify

35k if we lose in the first knockout round

60k if we lose in the quarters and so on up to £282k for winning it.

21.5k if a knock out game is on tv.

Give the 12.5k to Moult and McHugh...

• Like 1

Seen some numbers for the prize money for the league cup today.

12.5k for the QP game being on tv.

25k if we finish runner up and don't qualify

35k if we lose in the first knockout round

60k if we lose in the quarters and so on up to £282k for winning it.

21.5k if a knock out game is on tv.

Give the 12.5k to Moult and McHugh...

I thought the TV money was pooled now?

Lets try and post link contents folks

Total prize and television money for the 2017 Betfred Cup will increase by 15% in the coming season, including a record £250,000 for the winners.

The SPFL confirmed today that more than £1.6million will be paid in prize money, and almost £500,000 in TV payments. This equates to an overall prize and television pot of £2,073,000 – a substantial increase on £1.8 million last season.

The Betfred Cup introduced a new format last season which was widely acclaimed by clubs, players, managers, supporters and the media.

SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster said: “Thanks to the support of all clubs, the Betfred Cup has been transformed into a truly exciting and innovative competition. We’re thrilled that it has been further boosted by this significant increase in prize and television money, firmly cementing the Betfred Cup as a key competition in Scottish football.”

The eight clubs who finish in fifth position in the first round group stage will each receive £17,000 in prize money, while eight fourth place finishers will take home £19,000 each and the eight teams in third place in the group stage will earn £21,000 per club.

Each of the four runners up with the lowest points total will win £25,000 in prize money and second round losers will receive £35,000. The four who lose at the next stage of the competition will win £60,000 each and semi-final losers will receive £80,000. The runner-up will earn £115,000.

The draw for the Group Stage of the 2017 Betfred Cup was made live on BT Sport last month. This year’s competition will kick-off with an Ayrshire derby on Friday, 14 July, one of six group ties live on broadcast partner BT Sport. Each of the 12 clubs involved in a televised group stage match will earn £12,500.

Those clubs taking part in the live final will earn £32,000 in TV payments, while those taking part in the remaining six televised matches will receive £21,500 each.

Blue-chip UK bookmaking company Betfred signed-up last year to become the exclusive title sponsor, adding to its already impressive list of sporting sponsorships.

A total of 44 clubs will take part in this season’s competition, with the four clubs involved in European competition joining at the last 16 stage. The SPFL clubs will be joined in the competition by East Kilbride (Lowland League champions) and Buckie Thistle (Highland League champions).

The 2017 Betfred Cup will kick off another season of Scottish football and follows a hugely successful first year in the competition’s unique format, which saw a number of innovations introduced.

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/betfred-cup-boost-for-spfl-clubs/#Dl5cW8O80VrteStR.99

With the capacity of 3000 (500 seated) for Ainslie Park where we will play the Edinburgh City game, not sure how many Well fans will turn up, as we always seem to take a few fans when playing in Edinburgh, so hopefully will be a great atmosphere for that game.

I don't suppose many Well fans have seen us play there before and so that might tempt an extra few to go along.

Exactly....too many other outdoor things to do and holidays. Honestly believe crowds would drop....and what the hell would we do during the winter. (Other than drink more

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

From a national game perspective. I can see the possible benefits with Europe etc and training in generally better weather.

But, personally if we went to a summer season I'd reluctantly be giving up my season ticket of 28 years or have to make a big change. Holiday's, golf and other outdoor things during the better month etc would make it not worthwhile for me. Unless we make a move to more midweek or Friday evening games that leave more weekends free.

A good example being the league cup group schedule. I'll miss all of them as I'm away.

However, I might be in the minority and there are more out there who could go in the summer and can't in the winter.

Summer football is probably a good idea until you imagine that we do indeed improve our performances in Europe, so much so that we have teams in after Xmas, then a season starting in March to November would be asked to look at again, as the teams involved would be on preseason\early season so no chance of making it to the Finals.

Think it's a bit of a catch 22, really and although I am for more games being played in better weather, there is no garauntee that May or June will provide this.

The summer football idea is one that has always struck me to as staggeringly stupid.

There is no guarantee of better weather, in fact as well can all see looking out the window the weather usually gets worse in June, July and August, with big increases in monthly rainfall and high humidity.

Secondly, in terms of European results, I think it probably would help the likes of St. Johnstone for a round or two but then what?

It would still be immensely difficult to get a Scottish provincial side anywhere near the groups stages of the Europa League. In the Third Qualifying round last year teams like Spartak Moscow, Hertha Berlin and Lille were put out. Competition in Europe at that level is intense and to put it frankly we just aren't good enough to actually compete at that level any more.

And inevitably if Celtic qualified for the group stages of the Champions League the whole media focus would be on why they were playing these matches at the end of the season and how it was hampering their attempts to take the next big step forward.

Then there is the possibility of summer competition qualification. OK, that seems unlikely from a Scotland international team perspective in the near future but every two years the SPFL would be in competition with a major international football event. It would be madness.

I could go on further but my dinner's ready ha ha ha!