League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Need QP to hold on and it will be a good day for Motherwell.

Even though they didn't it's not actually been that bad a night.

The one thing with so many penalty shoot-outs tonight (eight is it?) is that it starts chipping away at the maximum totals team can reach when it comes to the four best losers going through - if they worst were to happen on Saturday.

The more draws and penalty shoot-outs the more likely three wins will be enough to get you through, worst case.

Still hope the Spiders do it on penalties mind you.

If Morton dont have enough to see off Queens Park we should be putting them away on Saturday at FP. We were miles better than Queens Park on Saturday whilst being a long way off the finished article ourselves.

If Morton dont have enough to see off Queens Park we should be putting them away on Saturday at FP. We were miles better than Queens Park on Saturday whilst being a long way off the finished article ourselves.

I agree and disagree.

I agree we should have enough to see off Morton. They finished the season pretty poorly last term and it doesn't look to have improved looking at the results so far. They tend to raise their game against bigger teams so I'm sure we'll see that but we should definitely be looking for a home win at Fir Park.

Disagree that we were miles better than Queens Park. We were fitter and saw them off in the end but I didn't think we were exactly convincing for the first 60 minutes or so and I doubt Morton will drop off to the extent Queens Park did in the latter stages so we are going to have to out perform them and not rely on a stamina game.

I agree and disagree.

I agree we should have enough to see off Morton. They finished the season pretty poorly last term and it doesn't look to have improved looking at the results so far. They tend to raise their game against bigger teams so I'm sure we'll see that but we should definitely be looking for a home win at Fir Park.

Disagree that we were miles better than Queens Park. We were fitter and saw them off in the end but I didn't think we were exactly convincing for the first 60 minutes or so and I doubt Morton will drop off to the extent Queens Park did in the latter stages so we are going to have to out perform them and not rely on a stamina game.

The history books will only detail the final scoreline not how well the teams played. So a 5-1 win means we pumped them and by definition were miles better.

• Like 1

I agree and disagree.

Agree with that. Morton have been a bit of a cup team over the past few seasons. Probably not quite got the squad to win promotion, but capable on their day.

They will be looking to pick something up, as they will only be 50/50 to qualify on 8 points.

The score on Saturday flattered us a bit, although from the minute we got the 2nd goal I wasn't really worried.

I agree and disagree.

I thought we were comfortably the better team for the first 15 minutes. After they scored our bottle crashed a bit and the rest of the first half was poor. However 2nd half was a different story. They created next to nothing and at one point we had 83% possession. Im not saying for a minute we were great. But we were better than them.

I agree and disagree.

Long story short, we looked like a team mid way through pre-season; they looked like a part time team.

Funny that.

It will be interesting to see what system Robinson goes for tomorrow. I fear he might prefer his variation of 3-5-2/ 3-6-1 or whatever you want to call it. He seems to have favoured this since coming into the club. I'm not sure if this has always been his personal preference (eg at Oldham) or if it's soley a consequence of our limited options. Either way, I think tomorrow's line up might give a strong indication of things to come tactically. We are only 2 weeks away from the season proper so I hope Robinson has a good idea of what our best system is. Personally I'd like to see 4 at the back but we desperately need another defender. I'd go with:

Carson

Tait Kipre Heneghan Dunne

Cadden McHugh Bigi Frear

Bowman Moult

Don't know where Dunne is fitness wise but would like to see what he can offer. Bowman deserves a chance in the team given his recent run. The guy will be full of confidence just now and would be good to keep this going into the season. On a seperate note, does anyone know where Maclean is? Had high hopes for him but not sure if he is still injured?

You would think so... Does the manager share that ideal?

After the two friendlies I saw against Stirling Albion and Livingston where we played about 20 players in both games, the one player I came away thinking he was going to be huge for us was McLean, his touch and range of passing were excellent in the short time he was on the pitch in both games and in my opinion he was ahead of the other midfielders.