League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

A 5-1 win last week and you were moaning and finding fault, 4-0 this week and right on cue another post focusing on what you perceive to be negative, FFS give it a rest.

We were excellent today playing against nothing but we scored 4 and prob should have had another 2 or 3, so why not try some positive thinking and enjoy it.

I try to give as balanced a view as possible. Seems like you are the one only seeing the negative.

Didn't read the bit about liking the look of Tanner? Or me saying McHugh has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the league? Or the positive contribution of Bigirimana?

But I don't mind. Steam right in with your reading comprehension issues if you like. I'm all about discourse.

• Like 2

A very pleasing afternoon.

I thought Morton would have offered more than they did and expected a tougher contest but you certainly can't argue we did what we had to do in a very professional manner.

The early goal set the tone and we were in control thereafter. A nice second from Cadden had Morton teetering on the brink and when Harkins went off that was it.

The opening 15-20 minutes of the second was akin to a training exercise. I can't remember the possession count they came away with last week on BTSport at the Queen's Park game but it wouldn't surprise me if we surpassed that at stages during the second half.

The game needed a goal to bring it back to life a little, be it one totally against the run of play, or one from ourselves and fortunately it was the latter. Good composure and finish from Tait when most seemed to be a little taken aback that McHugh's shot, which from my vantage point looked like was going nowhere near the goal, connected with the junction of the post and bar.

And just sheer class from Moult for the fourth.

A four nil win despite missing two one-on-one's and two or three other decent opportunities was not the level of dominance I expected but in terms of qualification it sets us nicely hopefully to confirm things on Tuesday. It also presents further opportunities for a little more rotation of the squad with perhaps starts for Rose, Moult and McManus before the group stages are out.

There remains the question of how will the team fare when we are faced with top flight opponents but that will answer itself in due course. I don't think there's a huge amount more we could have asked of the team at this stage. They are winning, scoring goals and there's a shape, style of playing and togetherness developing with each game.

Plenty to be content with at this juncture certainly.

• Like 1

Oh and I'm just glad Sinjy isn't an English scout coming to look at Louis Moult

I've professed my love for Louis Moult, but an awful lot of blinkers on today , If an English scout had been sent to watch him,

they would be seriously pissed off that someone had wasted their day viewing a player that has fresh air swipes at crosses and panics in front of a keeper.

His freekick was pretty special - but all his other plays were brutal -

now we all know he's miles off match fitness with no pre-season etc so twisted as we are we allow for it ( for him - but strangely at times not for others?),

I've professed my love for Louis Moult, but an awful lot of blinkers on today , If an English scout had been sent to watch him,

they would be seriously pissed off that someone had wasted their day viewing a player that has fresh air swipes at crosses and panics in front of a keeper.

His freekick was pretty special - but all his other plays were brutal -

now we all know he's miles off match fitness with no pre-season etc so twisted as we are we allow for it ( for him - but strangely at times not for others?),

We both know the answer to that.

I think the one on one problem is why we haven't sold Moult back to England. If you look back at last season he's went one on one 4 or 5 times and bottled them all.

He's brilliant at one thing, finishing crosses. If he goes to Aberdeen he'll score 20 goals. If he goes down South and plays against bigger,better centre halves who knows. When you see him off the park he's under 6 foot and slight. That's a lot of question marks for a Championship club.

I think the one on one problem is why we haven't sold Moult back to England. If you look back at last season he's went one on one 4 or 5 times and bottled them all.

He's brilliant at one thing, finishing crosses. If he goes to Aberdeen he'll score 20 goals. If he goes down South and plays against bigger,better centre halves who knows. When you see him off the park he's under 6 foot and slight. That's a lot of question marks for a Championship club.

The one thing a move to England would do for Moult is to bulk him up. It did wonders for Murphy and I expect Louis would get the same benefit.

I know what you mean about 1 v 1 though. Skippy is the same. It was rare to see him finish a chance like that.

Concerned that only 2 of starting lineup were Scottish. Surely part of remit for Robbi was to promote young players

If we had youngsters who were ready now they would be in the team and have no doubt that is the longer term plan, however in Scottish football there is a real issue in youngsters being good enough to make that step up. I have no doubt that as suspensions, injury, and form issues kick in some of the youngsters will get their chance but for me what I've seen of them while some are promising (McLean/Campbell) they at the moment are well behind the players who have been brought in. I also commented today on a lack of Scots in the line up so I understand where you are coming from but for me an improvement on last season is more important. If it can be done also carefully blooding and bringing on some youngsters then I'll be delighted.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Moult has played about 30 mins of football since May for crying out loud people.

and he is still capabale of delivering passion and a touch of genius,

it doesnt mean if folk point out some of his football was pretty brutal or indeed question some of the gushing they shoudl be shot down.

this place is meant for discussion , yes at times the polar opposite views exist, sometimes unfathomably and sometimes there is soem baiting.

but seems to me some that always complained the place was to negative now seem intent on shouting down and insulting when even an honest but deemed negative post gets made

dont get me wrong on Louis , I worship the guy for his sheer determination to deliver even the slimmest of chances, even more so when its not going well.

But as ropy points out above, imagine it had been Moults debut , we'd have been left wondering as it wasnt his best day.

Still, that freekick? and last weeks ? did he even hit any last season?

Far from perfect today but sharper than last week and to be frank no matter how many we scored in the last 2 games there would still be folks belittling it due to lower league opposition, conveniently forgetting how many times we have tripped up in such games before.

I like the way the team is shaping up and am cautiously optimistic for the season ahead

Far from perfect today but sharper than last week and to be frank no matter how many we scored in the last 2 games there would still be folks belittling it due to lower league opposition, conveniently forgetting how many times we have tripped up in such games before.

I like the way the team is shaping up and am cautiously optimistic for the season ahead

See , I dont see it as belittling, as the level of opposition is indeed very significant.

and boy do I recall losing to such opposition, it doesnt mean the game and the positives and negatives shouldnt be mulled over?

as a risk averse type of character , I'm still wary of the future, less so than a few weeks back , but still wary.

for example the 3 at the back or is it 4? how many minutes did Tait spend in out first third?

do you think a higher level of oppostion would have capitalised on that, sure we might have reacted and closed the gap etc

I actually think Duffy would've done something but for losing Harkins, guess I might be over thinking it, but thats all part of the experience?

If you give Frear the ball in the right place, he'll deliver. He's an out-and-out winger who needs to hit the bye-line. Not sure Dunne-the-Bun knows how to find him yet.

Sure it took Frear a run of about 8 games last year before he started contributing anything really. Probably just has to play himself into form a bit.

Funny how differently people are seeing Tanner's performance today, I also thought he was really poor, but what do I know? Other than those two we were excellent I thought, the midfield 3 all had great games, and McHugh and Bigirimana don't actually look too similar, which I was a bit wary of before seeing them playing together.

Ross Forbes is still pish.

Oh and I'm just glad Sinjy isn't an English scout coming to look at Louis Moult

What I wrote was for the benefit of any scout who wasn't at the game. It was irony. I want him to stay and scouts to be put off.

Of course his free kick was magic and I know he is somewhere behind on fitness or he would be starting.

Relegation will cost the club upwards of a million pounds. There is no doubt we would have been relegated last season without his goals so we have to weigh up whether an offer is worth the risk of increasing the odds of being relegated this season.

Like others on hear I have been encouraged by what I have seen so far but the play offs over the last few seasons have shown that there is a gulf between the Premier and the rest. It is only once we have faced a few league games that we will know f the new players are up to it.