League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Scout from ,Sheffield United collecting his tickets in front of me yesterday....

On yesterday's showing, he'll have been more impressed by one or two others than Moult...

Pretty sure Heneghan was linked with Sheffield United a while back (as well as Moult).

If there's doubt over henaghans capabilities at our level then there's no hope in hell in Sheffield Utd being interested in him unless they are already preparing for another few seasons back in league one

I don't disagree but they were definitely one of the names thrown up prior to him signing with us.

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/conference-premier-step-one/16361/young-chester-defender-ben-heneghan-moves-north-of-the-border-with-motherwell/

If there's doubt over henaghans capabilities at our level then there's no hope in hell in Sheffield Utd being interested in him unless they are already preparing for another few seasons back in league one

Doubts from the self-proclaimed experts in the stands don't equate to doubts from professional scouts whose living depends on identifying players with potential they can develop.

Most fans can't see past 45 minutes, never mind 2 years from now with hands-on coaching.

• Like 5

I am a fan of frear but have noticed that he never ever cuts inside and has a go.

He does two things - outside run and cross or stop and pass back.

In other words he would be easy to mark if the right back does their homework.

Maybe it's a confidence thing? To me he likes he's got all the necessary skills to do the job.

If we've spotted it I'm sure Robinson will have too!

I am a fan of frear but have noticed that he never ever cuts inside and has a go.

He does two things - outside run and cross or stop and pass back.

In other words he would be easy to mark if the right back does their homework.

Maybe it's a confidence thing? To me he likes he's got all the necessary skills to do the job.

If we've spotted it I'm sure Robinson will have too!

I think part of the problem is that he's being played out of position and by that I mean too deep. Many teams also double up on him. I like him but he has got to be played to his strengths for him to be fully effective.

I think frear is being told to try a reach the by line before crossing. Don't think he is being encouraged to cut inside and have a go. So if teams do double up on him it may just leave space elsewhere for him to make an easier pass. I like his style of play. Quite sure he'll have a fair number of assists during the season and maybe even a few goals

• Like 1

I think from our early displays we have been instructed to adopt a more possesion based approach and if the ball isn't on, rather than an aimless cross or shot, we are knocking it back and passing to work an opening with our midfielders and their interlinking. It's working so far.

• Like 1

Frear and Cadden got the shitty end of the stick towards the tail end of last season, playing the wing-back role. In my opinion, Cadden is much more suited to that role than Frear, who for me is an out-and-out winger...luckily for Cadden though, Tait seems to love playing that role so he takes over the right hand side if we are certain to play a back3. On the other side (and anyone who witnessed Dunne playing wing-back at Gateshead will surely testify), we have no one in the squad capable of playing that position adequately.

I have absolutely nothing against playing a back3 if the personnel is suited to it by the way. Heneghan is another one how I worry about playing as part of a back 3, while I dont have the same fears when he has a full-back alongside him.

• Like 1

Any team news for tonight?

Hoping to see Maclean and Campbell starting and some other u20s off the bench.

By all means play 2 or 3 other experienced pros from the start but we should do the business first then bring on the young lads. Albion Rovers anyone?

Robinson isnt the sort to ease up despite the opposition, be a couple changes but nothing that will substantially weaken the team, we will win comfortably tonight and Saturday against Berwick.

Aye, he said as much in the YouTube press conference. May make a few changes to give more people some game time who haven't had it but wants to finish top of group so won't. Excellent weakening the side.

As someone else pointed out we want to win all games with as good a goal difference as possible to be seeded in knock out phase. Not saying there will be easy games there but avoiding Cltc & Abdn improves likelihood of progressing and prize money.

• Like 1

Is there parking around the ground?

There's a small car park, I'd be surprised if you found anything in there with the probably bigger than normal crowd. Should be on the street parking though, or possibly in the Morrisons next door.

Is there parking around the ground?

There is parking but I think they normally keep it reserved for customers of the leisure centre when there's a game on.

There's a Morrisons supermarket right beside it where you can probably park potentially at risk of a ticket, or there is on street parking on East Fettes Avenue which is just off Ferry Road and about a 5 min walk to the stadium.