League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

With hearts now losing I think only us, Falkirk, Ayr and only one of the Dundee clubs can win all 4 games.

So any win will do to be seeded.

(I think)

By that logic, there could be some Premier teams going through in second place so no guarantee of an easier draw. It would be just like us to go through as seeds and end up with a trip to Easter Road or Firhill...

So I think that puts the "use it as pre-season to give some fringe players a run out" vs "put out the first team to win the game early" debate firmly to bed.

Robinson said himself in the press conference that any player that came in should be more than capable given that they are all professional players. I'm sure he will feel disappointed that they did not have more of a command on the game.

At the end of the day ground it out, which is all that matters really.

Hearts have just been beaten by Peterhead and Accies drew with Albion Rovers, for a bit of perspective.

These are both really poor results for both Hearts and Accies. It always baffles me that the gap between professional and amateur is sometimes smaller than the gap between two professional teams. Ian Cathro will be under a fair amount of pressure even if it is very early in the season.

Edit: sorry semi-professional not amateur!!!

Robinson said himself in the press conference that any player that came in should be more than capable given that they are all professional players. I'm sure he will feel disappointed that they did not have more of a command on the game.

I'm sure he will, although that's the standard spiel managers use just before they play a bunch of second stringers. But even against a supposedly "wee" team, fielding significant changes is always a risk. Probably moreso at this stage of the season.

Like I said before, however, I'll take any win in a cup tie. Hopefully learn a few lessons. Move on to the next one.

Shite game, shite performance. Never mind, 3 games, 3 wins. To many changes, to much like pre season. Best to pretend it never happened. Queue the bed wetters.

Disagree about too many changes. We won and Robinson got the chance to see what half the squad were made of. Better to see those performances against Edinburgh than top flight teams. Now he knows who he is dealing with.

Also, fair to play to Robinson. Made the sub who won the game for us.

• Like 1

Genuinely horrific game of football. Midfielders might as well have had deckchairs as the ball sailed over their head for 85 minutes.

Negatives: Bowman couldve scored in the first forty seconds, but didn't. Fisher worked hard but offered little. Frear took about 80 minutes to realise he could run around their fullback. Dunne emptied everything that came his way.

Cadden was good. Tanner was busy. Kipre is great fun and would header a breezeblock if you asked him.

Disappointing lack of booing of Craig Thomson, but good to see Craig Beattie remains a footballer.

Genuinely horrific game of football. Midfielders might as well have had deckchairs as the ball sailed over their head for 85 minutes.

Negatives: Bowman couldve scored in the first forty seconds, but didn't. Fisher worked hard but offered little. Frear took about 80 minutes to realise he could run around their fullback. Dunne emptied everything that came his way.

Cadden was good. Tanner was busy. Kipre is great fun and would header a breezeblock if you asked him.

Disappointing lack of booing of Craig Thomson, but good to see Craig Beattie remains a footballer.

Horrific game ?

We won 2-1. Far from pretty but il save the Horrific for when we get pumped by 5 or more.