League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Horrific game ?

We won 2-1. Far from pretty but il save the Horrific for when we get pumped by 5 or more.

Oh don't get me wrong, results are results, you can't knock it, but there was barely three passes strung together by either team over 90 minutes. Rotten to watch, delighted to win.

Oh don't get me wrong, results are results, you can't knock it, but there was barely three passes strung together by either team over 90 minutes. Rotten to watch, delighted to win.

I think you're being overly harsh or maybe I'm just getting old.

New ground for me and only an hour away by car. Close to the pitch on a grass terracing was a very novel change. Friendly and engaging stewards , saw a few fly fags and kids sitting on the Astro turf at the pitch edge. Both of which a blind eye was turned to.

Decent pies and a friendly atmosphere

Onto the match.

Pedestrian first half but a lot of players not played together so to be expected and prob reason for stray passing as no understanding of each other.

Kiprie could become a cult hero as said previously he'd head a brick if you asked him to.

Better 2nd half and cadds made the difference. His celebration showed the players really wanted it. Better finishing near the end and it could have been 4-1. As for their goal we'll we all know our defence.

All in all I enjoyed it. Not silky stuff but for £12 worth the money.

Mind the season hasn't started yet. We will get better

Top of the group with a bucket load of goals. I'd have taken that at the start going by last seasons shambles.

I've got to say I don't really get this 'season hasn't even started yet' chat which both our manager and folk on here seem to be putting out.

Since when could we afford to treat a domestic cup competition with such nonchalance?

The season has started because we are playing competitive games. Mentally and physically, we should be prepared and ready for these games.

Please don't confuse that with thinking that we should have a team of new signings all gelled and we should be playing silky football. I'm not suggesting that for a second. However, it sits uncomfortably with me that some people think of these games as pre-season friendlies.

Back to the game itself, I'm just relieved that we won. The result is all that matters. That said, had we drawn or lost it would have been fairly embarrassing. Considering the struggles other Premiership clubs are having and considering our results against Morton and Berwick, I'm willing to put this game into context and just be pleased with the three points.

I've got to say I don't really get this 'season hasn't even started yet' chat which both our manager and folk on here seem to be putting out.

Since when could we afford to treat a domestic cup competition with such nonchalance?

The season has started because we are playing competitive games. Mentally and physically, we should be prepared and ready for these games.

Please don't confuse that with thinking that we should have a team of new signings all gelled and we should be playing silky football. I'm not suggesting that for a second. However, it sits uncomfortably with me that some people think of these games as pre-season friendlies.

Back to the game itself, I'm just relieved that we won. The result is all that matters. That said, had we drawn or lost it would have been fairly embarrassing. Considering the struggles other Premiership clubs are having and considering our results against Morton and Berwick, I'm willing to put this game into context and just be pleased with the three points.

Yes that's what I mean by the season hasn't started as in the players aren't match fit, maybe fit but not match fit and no where near gelling. That will only come with time and not the third game

If anyone thought, like perhaps I did, that Cadden was just a strong bustling laddie then the injection of quality that he added to the game when he came on would have changed a few minds. Quality of opposition noted.

• Like 1

If Bowman had scored early we would have ran out comfortable winners as it was we let Edinburgh come into the game on a horrendous plastic pitch.

I like Mick but he is done at this level. Fisher tried a lot and had at least 5 good chances, disappointed he didn't put one away but judging by his reaction at full time, not as disappointed as he was.

Kipre is class. McHugh had a poor game by his standards but perhaps down to trying to single handedly be our midfield- Rose very poor and ineffective and McLean might as well have not stepped onto the pitch for all he did in the game

Cadden changed the game and Bigi had another class celebration at the winner.

If Bowman had scored early we would have ran out comfortable winners as it was we let Edinburgh come into the game on a horrendous plastic pitch.

I like Mick but he is done at this level. Fisher tried a lot and had at least 5 good chances, disappointed he didn't put one away but judging by his reaction at full time, not as disappointed as he was.

Kipre is class. McHugh had a poor game by his standards but perhaps down to trying to single handedly be our midfield- Rose very poor and ineffective and McLean might as well have not stepped onto the pitch for all he did in the game

Didn't see the celebration as my eyes were skyward giving thanks, anything worth describing?

Solid if uninspiring first half. Lots of dangerous balls into the box without really creating anything clear cut and a few long shots which their keeper dealt with. Carson never troubled, apart from some dodgy back passes.

2nd half, much better. Cadden and Tanner lifted the pace and much more incisive attacking threat. Squandered some decent chances before we conspired to present them with their only real shot on target which they took gladly.

Did well to keep composure and recover the game.

We need to look at this match in the round. It was a horrible sticky pitch. A lot of our less used players got a much needed run out and we got the 3 points required.

The squad is still gelling and settling down. Everyone just take a deep breath.

• Like 5

May not have been a great performance but to go one down against a team who have defended all game basically and to come back and win in the last 20 mins shows the kind of characters we have, if it was last season we would have lost I reckon but this year our squad looks a lot better tactically, physically and has a real togetherness and desire and it showed when they scored that winning goal, so fair play to the boys to turn it around and do it on that pitch too.

• Like 2

19 shots 7 on target.

Different showing in the second half. Bigi and Cadden were superb. Not sure where Tanner should be placed, but thought that Frear lacked confidence going forward.

For me, Rose offered nothing. McLean did not get any service in the first half. Everything went down the left.

Yet to be convinced about Fisher, but I have faith.

Cadden was outstanding and owned the game, the position within a midfield 3 so much better for him than winger or attacking full back. Set tone by going mental at referee because an edin player kicked ball over the stand. Not really a breach of the rules. Unfortunately fisher looks lightweight, mid paced and totten touch, if moult goes we will need a new first pick striker.

• Like 1

Different showing in the second half. Bigi and Cadden were superb. Not sure where Tanner should be placed, but thought that Frear lacked confidence going forward.

For me, Rose offered nothing. McLean did not get any service in the first half. Everything went down the left.

Yet to be convinced about Fisher, but I have faith.

They say that the sign of a good striker is to get into the correct positions. He did that on several occasions last night. If his first goal brings with it a little confidence then he may kick on to great things this season. Somebody mentioned Porter and Higdon. Anything close to that would be fantastic.