League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

I've never seen a more hardworking performance from us. Moult and Bowman were tireless, and even if they both leave for nowt next summer, I think it will be worth it just to watch a season of those two putting in a shift every week. Our decision to hang onto moult has already paid for itself too.

This was the first time I got a good look at Andy Rose and I thought he was excellent in pressing and winning second balls, and I also think we benefited greatly from the presence of hammell on the park. It's been a long time since I've watched us without feeling like we're going to concede any minute. I counted a free header from an early corner and Carson's save from Christie as their only real chances.

We need to extend campbell more, he's excellent.

• Like 3

I seen on BBC they were thinking hibs Celtic would be Saturday October 21st as hibs were playing hearts the following Tuesday. Would make us the 22nd.

Edit: didn't realise that about Celtic and Bayern

Just took it from this

'looking at those semi-finals, Hibs' tie against Celtic is likely to be on Saturday 21 October because Neil Lennon's men have an Edinburgh derby against Hearts on the following Tuesday. It would be rough on Hibs if they were made to play two such important matches within, um, 52 hours or so.'

Don't think we played great football tonight but every player in the team got the sleeves rolled up and gave everything. Every player in our team wanted it more than every player on the opposition and not for a spell, it was over 90 minutes. That's what made tonight our best performance of the season by a long way. We should have won by more.

They say you get out what you put in and that was epitomised by every Motherwell player on the field tonight. Take Ryan Bowman, far from the greatest player to ever pull on a Motherwell shirt, but by god did he graft his arse off. Earned every penny of that BACS payment in sweat.

Allan Campbell, with 11 games under his belt, is an absolute prodigy. For me he's the best player in the team (with one near rival who I'll get on to later). Reminds me of Scott Leitch at the top of his game but at that age you'd expect him to go on and be so much better than Leitch, even though Leitch was a very good player for us. If Campbell keeps his form up, and I've yet to see him have anything less than a stellar game, he's going all the way to the top.

Louis Moult. Getting closer and closer to my all time Motherwell XI. He's just a magic act. Made two goals tonight out of NOTHING.

No offense to Dunne but I also think Hammell brings much more to the team as long as he can stay fit. Dunne has the height and athleticism but with the ball Hammell is a different level of player.

Great atmosphere tonight as well, the fans matched the players.

Hampden chips, here I come!

• Like 1

Well the feel good factor continues!! That was just brilliant tonight.

Won every battle and Aberdeen were totally shell shocked. What a difference to the last few seasons.

You just need to look at our players faces at the end, they were happier than the fans!! They've totally bought into the club and I can honestly say it's the first time I've seen a full time clearly showing pride to play for us!! Just outstanding.

There's just nothing to complain about which is so strange?? Any player who gives 100% for us deserves our support no matter if he's a good player or bad and without a doubt they deserve our backing, what a hard working bunch we seem to have accrued!!

Bring on sevco!!!

I can't remember such an intense performance from a 'Well team. 2-0 so early had me thinking how bad it would be if we blew it like so often in the past, but it just didn't materialise. No surrendering the midfield and defending deep until we lose a goal and panic.

I don't know what Robinson does in training, but it's having some effect: each player gives it all for the jersey.

Every player won his individual battle tonight.

Hope it sets a standard for the rest of the season.

COYW!

I don't even know where to begin tbh.

That was a brilliant team performance and you cannot emphasise the word team too much. They fight battle and scrap for each other from front to back.

Young Allan Campbell is excellent and today saw McHugh coming back to his best. Kipre, hartley and Hammell where solid at the back and the forward two where tremendous.

Rose worked his socks off and Cadds was just Cadds. A total gem.

Love our wee club.

• Like 1

Still buzzing after tonight. We were superb from start to finish. I thought Hammell first half was superb and won every header. Campbell just gets better every game and Louis is awesome. If he leaves for free at end of season then it will be tragic but the guys attitude is just incredible. Can I also mention Bowman and Rose? The amount of folk wanting rid of Bowman in summer are I now regretting it, big man been superb. And yes Rose not a flair player but he is doing a shift which is important to the balance of the team. If he wasn't doing a job he wouldn't be starting every week. COYW!!!!!!!

Kudos to Robinson, the work ethic and energy levels he obviously demands make us a match for any team in the league, and I'd go as far as saying that I could see us being the team to end Celtics unbeaten run over anyone else , based purely on the desire and belief this group have in themselves, they give 100% and fear no-one.

Fantastic night, and the genuine joy of every player at the final whistle was great to see, a real connection between the team and the fans in the stands that has been absent for far too long.

Very few of our squad have any previous experience of coming up against the old firm or big city clubs which seems to have removed the fear factor so we go to Hampden really with a clean slate and a very decent chance of progressing , bring them on !!

"Very few of our squad have any previous experience of coming up against the old firm or big city clubs which seems to have removed the fear factor so we go to Hampden really with a clean slate and a very decent chance of progressing , bring them on !!"

Good point, mfcdez: Hartley, Bowman or Kipre certainly won't give a toss. Nor should they.

Btw; isn't Tony Docherty a nasty little ned?: shouting the odds at our manager like a psycho after Christie's lunge on Tait. No wonder McInnes looked embarrassed.