League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Can only really echo what others have said. Epic performance last night, especially pleasing at work as the resident Dons fan isn’t taking it well at all. Nice to get a bit of pay back in the cups as they have had more than their fair share of dodgy officiating which helped them progress in recent times which included the non-corner which they scored from in the SC cup, the last minute offside equaliser at Pittodrie taking the game to the replay and John Sutton’s legit goal which was ruled offside in the previous LC Quarter Final. It was pleasing to see the team so highly committed from the onset, I know there highly lauded keeper is taking some stick for the goals but the 3-0 scoreline was more than deserved. A repeat of the performance will do nicely in the semis.

I have no idea where to start, that was as good a performance as I've seen at F P in many a year. From the first minute to the last and from player one through to eleven we were superb. We chased, harried and harassed them from the first seconds of the game and didn't let up even after the third goal when the result was assured, there will be a lot of tired legs today.

Carson dealt with everything he needed to, which wasn't much because our defence, superbly marshalled by Hartley, hardly gave them a sniff. The midfield totally bossed the game, Rose and McHugh had, arguably, their best games of the season, Cadden and Tait did everything we could expect and more and as for young Campbell, wow, just wow. Bowman and Moult tortured their back line and I hope and suspect that they will improve further as their understanding grows.

As for Aberdeen, 3-0 flattered them, I hardly noticed that the much vaunted May was on the park (I hope McInness feels a bit of a fud after his comments about not being too bothered about not getting Moult because they ended up with May :slow: ), Shinnie did ok and Christie looks a decent player but shouldn't be available for Sunday, his assault on Tait looked even worse in the highlights than it did in real time.

Only downsides are 1. Watching the game means I couldn't listen to Gordon and Miller on the radio, I suspect that would have been very entertaining. & 2. I'm heading off to France for a short break for my wedding anniversary early on Saturday 21st so I hope I can find a pub to watch the semi-final.

Useless Statistic;

That's now 5 consecutive competitive games where the 'Well have scored 2 or more goals per game, 2 v Ross County, Hearts, Kilmarnock and Hibs, 3 v Aberdeen. 11 goals scored and 3 conceded.

You have to go back to the last 7 games of Season 2012-13 to find the last time Motherwell scored 2 or more goals in 5 consecutive competitive games, and then it was an impressive run of 7 games.

Hibs 4-1, Dundee 3-0, St Mirren 2-2, Dundee Utd 3-1, Celtic 3-1, Inverness 4-3 and Ross County 2-0.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Only downsides are 1. Watching the game means I couldn't listen to Gordon and Miller on the radio, I suspect that would have been very entertaining. & 2. I'm heading off to France for a short break for my wedding anniversary early on Saturday 21st so I hope I can find a pub to watch the semi-final.

On 1 - download the Sportsound podcast - worth a listen to them in the aftermath with Faddy in his element alongside them.

• Like 1

Day off today, watched the whole game again. You manage to get a different perspective from the tv. What a performance from every player on the park. The intensity they showed from kick off to the final whistle was incredible. There is no way we should fear rangers in the semi, as long as the ref allows it to be a level playing field. Robinson won't need to worry about changing our play to match them. Just do what we're doing a let them worry about us. Thought the pundits for once were fare to us. Though when did Garry McAllister morph into Tim Vine.

Where did you watch the full game man? Dying to see it again.

Had a quick look on the spfl rules and it appears that if you enter in round 1, which we did, it's 3 yellows for a suspension therefore we are all in the clear.

Rules changed, so that's not quite what's in play, although effectively , we are still in the clear.

it's now as reads below:

Accumulation of two cautionable offences in the

Betfred Cup (caution totals revert to zero prior to

start of Round 2 and prior to the start of semi-final

rounds)