League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Does anyone have experience of pre booking a taxi to be picked up after the game ? Never been to a big game at Hampden before and given the guy I support has a physical disability we intend getting a Taxi from Kirky there and back. Im guessing its a bit crazy after the game and Stephen cant walk too far.

Fans travelling via glasgow not from Motherwell... Where you heading for pre match pints? Church onnthe hill was good before cup final but a hell of a walk in the pishing rain if I recall. Any idea for city centre beers?

We went to the merchant city before the Slovakia game, and got a black taxi from there, only took 10 minutes and was about £8.

Does anyone have experience of pre booking a taxi to be picked up after the game ? Never been to a big game at Hampden before and given the guy I support has a physical disability we intend getting a Taxi from Kirky there and back. Im guessing its a bit crazy after the game and Stephen cant walk too far.

Speak to your taxi company in advance, they can advise.

Suspect we'll see Hammell in this one. Bigger question for me is, will we see either Frear or Tanner start? I would think, of the two,Frear. However, that would mean dropping Rose or Campbell and I don't see that happening. Of course, the argument will be made by many here that it ought to be McHugh that drops out due to form but I don't think the captain gets dropped for a hampden semi - no way. Not without destroying him and the team spirit we have so carefully built. Robinson will have his thinking cap on this week, no doubt.

Suspect we'll see Hammell in this one. Bigger question for me is, will we see either Frear or Tanner start? I would think, of the two,Frear. However, that would mean dropping Rose or Campbell and I don't see that happening. Of course, the argument will be made by many here that it ought to be McHugh that drops out due to form but I don't think the captain gets dropped for a hampden semi - no way. Not without destroying him and the team spirit we have so carefully built. Robinson will have his thinking cap on this week, no doubt.

I would go with the same team again tbh. Only change I would consider is Hammell for Dunne but that might expose us for pace that side.

If Frear gets a start surely its Tait that drops out?

Id stick with him personally. Lets win our battles and the right to play our football. Having Frear Bigi and Tanner on the bench to bring on as impact players if needed is actually quite comforting!

Dunne's first half performance against Accies was absolutely dire and yet Robinson kept him on. That, to me, says that Dunne starts next week.

It's a big park at Hampden, lots of space, and I can definitely see the manager choosing Dunne's pace and athleticism over Hammell's undoubtedly better technique.

The only way Hammell will come in is if we change a fairly settled formation and go 4 at the back. That's not impossible, we played it in the win against Aberdeen, but Hammell has hardly had any football this term, 1 sub appearance in the league and a couple of league cup matches so I think it's unlikely.

There is also absolutely no chance of Frear or Tanner coming in. Rangers biggest threat is the central midfield to forward area. Morelos has 6 goals from 8 starts, Dorrans 5 from 9 and Pena 3 from 3. It's absolutely essential that we win the battle in the centre of midfield and stop Pena and Dorrans making runs to support Morelos. If we don't, we lose. Simple as that.

Tanner and Frear just aren't those types of players.

Worth noting Rangers haven't scored 1 goal in domestic football this season. They have either not scored or scored 2 or more. In fact Rangers have only scored 1 goal less than Celtic this season overall.

I'm not saying we should park the bus or anything but we need to definitely go out there and make sure we are defensively rock solid.

We have the talent but do we have the mental strength to beat this mob, we'll soon find out. Not put them out the cup in my lifetime so now's the time to change that. Their support already think their in the final let's hope their team do the same.At least we're not heading into the game with a manager or players who think. playing one of the old firm is practically an honour. I am praying we can pap these odious cunts oot on their arses.

• Like 1

Slight dilemma for Robinson I think. There are a couple of areas not working on the park at the moment. But, do we risk changing it before a big game like the semi v Rangers? I'd say no drastic changes. But a few places up for consideration:

Dunne - Not been playing well defensively and also gifting possession via poor passing. He does offer height and strength and set pieces though which is very useful. Hammell is the realistic alternative. Would keep possession, do well moving play on. Could be done for pace and although he does well in the air in general play he is not so good at set peices. Hard one.

Tait - As much as he does well enough and gives 100% on the left it leaves us fairly weak on the left in an attacking sense and we tend to either go via Cadden or end up lumping it long. Frear is the attacking option , Hammell could be a more defensive option if we keep Dunne in the team.

McHugh - Not playing well and also gifting possession. A slight worry but he's our captain and has experience.

To that end I'd go with the below:

Carson

Kipre Hartley Hammell

Cadden Campbell McHugh Rose Tait

Bowman Moult

I am really tempted to play Frear but I think keeping the more defensively minded Tait in, even though the wrong side, might be the best way to start and leaves Frear as a great impact player when required

We have the talent but do we have the mental strength to beat this mob, we'll soon find out. Not put them out the cup in my lifetime so now's the time to change that. Their support already think their in the final let's hope their team do the same.At least we're not heading into the game with a manager or players who think. playing one of the old firm is practically an honour. I am praying we can pap these odious cunts oot on their arses.

In a nutshell mate.

Big Hartley been immense but why come out with this nonsense about loving a physical battle with Morelos and after final whistle as well if he wants. All that does is fire up the opposition. If a Gers player had said that about one of ours it would fire up our lads. COYW!!

I saw a screengrab on Twitter and smiled wryly when I saw it.

At first glance I agree it's probably better unsaid or answered differently.

But with anything like that you have to be aware of what was said in full and in what context it was asked, consider what angle they are looking for and then see what was actually printed. You only have to watch the Motherwell press conferences when we've a big game and have "occasional visitors" asking questions for example.

Im confident we will turn-up but I am intrigued to see how Robinson approaches this. Im not sure our style of play in the quarter final can be transferred to a pitch like Hampden against a Rangers team that looks to be improving.

Ideally, Id like to see at least one of Bigirimana, Frear or Tanner to give us some composure and carry the ball forward but who do you sacrifice? Its a hard one. More than likely, well look to be in the game after 60 minutes and gradually introduce the aforementioned three.

Slight dilemma for Robinson I think. There are a couple of areas not working on the park at the moment. But, do we risk changing it before a big game like the semi v Rangers? I'd say no drastic changes. But a few places up for consideration:

Dunne - Not been playing well defensively and also gifting possession via poor passing. He does offer height and strength and set pieces though which is very useful. Hammell is the realistic alternative. Would keep possession, do well moving play on. Could be done for pace and although he does well in the air in general play he is not so good at set peices. Hard one.

Tait - As much as he does well enough and gives 100% on the left it leaves us fairly weak on the left in an attacking sense and we tend to either go via Cadden or end up lumping it long. Frear is the attacking option , Hammell could be a more defensive option if we keep Dunne in the team.

McHugh - Not playing well and also gifting possession. A slight worry but he's our captain and has experience.

To that end I'd go with the below:

Carson

Kipre Hartley Hammell

Cadden Campbell McHugh Rose Tait

Bowman Moult

I am really tempted to play Frear but I think keeping the more defensively minded Tait in, even though the wrong side, might be the best way to start and leaves Frear as a great impact player when required

Having Tait on the pitch allows us to change formation without using up one of our subs which is a flexibility we may want to use.

Just saw on twitter that Rangers have been given an increased allocation of 38,000 tickets after it looks like we won't be taking our full 10k allocation.

No surprise really that we won't have 10k there so it looks like it'll be 38,000 of them, maybe 7,000 of us and 5-7k of segregation and hospitality etc.

Just saw on twitter that Rangers have been given an increased allocation of 38,000 tickets after it looks like we won't be taking our full 10k allocation.

No surprise really that we won't have 10k there so it looks like it'll be 38,000 of them, maybe 7,000 of us and 5-7k of segregation and hospitality etc.

We are going to make a tidy sum from their desire to win a trophy. They had less than 20k at our semi in 2011.

There's no mention on Twitter of their increased allocation having anything to do with how our sales are going tbf. They've probably released more South Stand tickets or the couple of sections in the East Stand closest to the original segregation line. Not that I think we'll sell the full 10k either, mind you.

There's no mention on Twitter of their increased allocation having anything to do with how our sales are going tbf. They've probably released more South Stand tickets or the couple of sections in the East Stand closest to the original segregation line. Not that I think we'll sell the full 10k either, mind you.

The part about us not taking up our allocation was mentioned in a wee piece by Talking Baws but no quotes or anything in there so you could be right. Fingers crossed for 10k then!