League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Big Hartley been immense but why come out with this nonsense about loving a physical battle with Morelos and after final whistle as well if he wants. All that does is fire up the opposition. If a Gers player had said that about one of ours it would fire up our lads. COYW!!

Loved his press conference last week but he seems like a "wheel's turning but the hamster's dead" kinda guy. I'm guessing he might think riling up Morelos might cause him to lose his composure.

Had a wee chuckle at the comment but I agree, bit of an odd one.

Rangers dont seem to be the best disciplined team in the world. Seen bits of their last couple of games and theyve looked tasty at times.

While I think we can compete in that regard, the referee could be given decisions to make and its more likely to cost us than them....

Mindset is the key to success in games against them, as has been mentioned over and over.

Yes they have some decent players, but we have the personnel all across the pitch who are equally as good and can match them for quality if they play to their full potential on the day.

The influx of players from outwith the Scottish game and the emergence of raw young talent in Cadds and Campbell will have eradicated much of the perceived 'fear factor' in facing the no longer mighty Rangers , and the positive style favoured by the management so far, I'm sure will be on show on Sunday. Play our own game and see where it takes us.

Things like Hartley's comments in the press don't bother me in the slightest, ill-advised though they may be. Whether it riles and inspires Morelos remains to be seen, but there is no doubt that after 90 mins up against the big man, he will know he's been in a game and endured one of his toughest 90 mins since coming to Scotland.!!

It will be a close encounter and potentially nail-biting hour and a half to endure , but there is no reason to think we are in any way a lesser team with any less than a 50/50 chance of progressing.

Intae them Motherwell.!!

We are more than a match for them and in players like Cadden and Campbell have players with Motherwell in their dna. Its going to be a battle and yes were up against it but this team does not know when its beat and will relish that challenge.

With us all behind them we can, and im confident will shock a lot of people in the game and come out winners.

They aint that great guys.

The confidence in team is great and I just hope they carry it into semi final. Been following us for past 40 years and team just now potentially one of best for a while ( still a long way away from 1993-1995 era though). Team picks itself apart from Dunne/Hammell with great options on bench. And McShug doing ok, expectations higher I think as he's captain but a very key player. Bring on Sunday 'i'm so excited.....and I just can't hide it...I know I know I know I know I know....' COYW

Thats one of my biggest worries, the referee could have a big influence.

They generally do and most often v Old firm not in our favour.

Money wise fine if they sell 38,000 tickets. Not bothered by that, but I am bothered that 38,000 can shout louder than say 8000 for a penalty !

Let's see who the ref is. Beaton and the game is a bogey. Steve McLean would be my choice

The confidence in team is great and I just hope they carry it into semi final. Been following us for past 40 years and team just now potentially one of best for a while ( still a long way away from 1993-1995 era though). Team picks itself apart from Dunne/Hammell with great options on bench. And McShug doing ok, expectations higher I think as he's captain but a very key player. Bring on Sunday 'i'm so excited.....and I just can't hide it...I know I know I know I know I know....' COYW

I've already started the random blurting out loud "C'MON MOTHERWELL"

• Like 2

I hope the players don't obsess about the ref as much as the posters on here. They'll not put in a tackle.

I remember the same chat from the play-offs and that worked out OK.

True.

I had the absolute fear in the play offs that would the ref would ensure Rangers would come up.

There was probably even more desire for them to come back up then than there is to ensure yet another random Old Firm final.

Nobody couldve predicted those games wouldve been so one sided however. Imagine if they had been close going into the closing minutes?!?!?

Quit with the McShug chat. Just awful.

• Like 1

Rangers are rightly favourites for the match, but we are playing well at the moment and have way more fight than any recent Motherwell side. If both sides play to their potential then they will come out on top but if they are not on form then we have a very good chance of winning this game.

I would go with the same XI as Saturday. Will be disappointed if Robinson changes a working formula to try and combat them.