League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

There's no mention on Twitter of their increased allocation having anything to do with how our sales are going tbf. They've probably released more South Stand tickets or the couple of sections in the East Stand closest to the original segregation line. Not that I think we'll sell the full 10k either, mind you.

I seriously think had the opposition had been anyone else we'd have sold 10,000 in a heartbeat. There is just too much history of complete capitulation to Rangers over the last 60 years, even to the shittiest Rangers teams you've ever seen. Just look at the 3-0 defeat at Ibrox in the league cup to a team that had been fucked into the lowest tiers and had assembled a team of donkeys. We were terrified of them that night and it rang out loud n clear from the last gasp clearance in the 1st minute of the game.

I myself stopped going to Ibrox 25 years ago for that very reason and have never set foot in the place since,

Remarkably for me I am confident this will be the time I see a Motherwell team dump Rangers out a cup. For decades we've had a succession of Managers who had their excuses prepared before their team set foot on the pitch against Rangers .. worst offenders being Butcher, McCall and McGhee... no surprise our biggest humpings against Rangers happened when they were in charge.

For all his failings Barraclough wasnt remotely intimidated by Rangers and even if he was he hid it from the players and the fans, he knew their weaknesses and went about them instead of buming them up in the media for a week before the games. Robinson strikes me as exactly the same type he worries more about his own team than get intimidated by the opposition. The only way we will lose this one is if the officials decide to give Rangers a helping hand

A Beautiful Sunday beckons.....

• Like 1

I seriously think had the opposition had been anyone else we'd have sold 10,000 in a heartbeat. There is just too much history of complete capitulation to Rangers over the last 60 years, even to the shittiest Rangers teams you've ever seen. Just look at the 3-0 defeat at Ibrox in the league cup to a team that had been fucked into the lowest tiers and had assembled a team of donkeys. We were terrified of them that night and it rang out loud n clear from the last gasp clearance in the 1st minute of the game.

I myself stopped going to Ibrox 25 years ago for that very reason and have never set foot in the place since,

Remarkably for me I am confident this will be the time I see a Motherwell team dump Rangers out a cup. For decades we've had a succession of Managers who had their excuses prepared before their team set foot on the pitch against Rangers .. worst offenders being Butcher, McCall and McGhee... no surprise our biggest humpings against Rangers happened when they were in charge.

For all his failings Barraclough wasnt remotely intimidated by Rangers and even if he was he hid it from the players and the fans, he knew their weaknesses and went about them instead of buming them up in the media for a week before the games. Robinson strikes me as exactly the same type he worries more about his own team than get intimidated by the opposition. The only way we will lose this one is if the officials decide to give Rangers a helping hand

A Beautiful Sunday beckons.....

Still trying to forget that semi final in the seventies where we were robbed by that referee whose corrupt performance has only been bettered once and that was by that weasel Dundee Utd were unfortunate to get in their European Cup semi final away to Roma. Since then it's been mostly papped out with our tails between our legs. and that 3 nil cup defeat at Ibrox was probably the worst I've ever felt leaving a game and I've seen some shite in my time. Shat it before we were even out the tunnel. You could tell we were beat from the off. Hopefully Sunday will change all that.Mon the Well

With us taking a great support I just hope the team turn up also. If we could get to final it would be such an achievement and hopefully the feelgood factor would continue and we could get more folk coming to Fir Park. Crowds up this season and if team continues to play well then the future is really good. However I will hold fire until end of year as we have a horrendous run of away games coming up but play like we have been and no reason why we can't stay near top of table. COYW

Still trying to forget that semi final in the seventies where we were robbed by that referee whose corrupt performance has only been bettered once and that was by that weasel Dundee Utd were unfortunate to get in their European Cup semi final away to Roma. Since then it's been mostly papped out with our tails between our legs. and that 3 nil cup defeat at Ibrox was probably the worst I've ever felt leaving a game and I've seen some shite in my time. Shat it before we were even out the tunnel. You could tell we were beat from the off. Hopefully Sunday will change all that.Mon the Well

JPR Gordon was the referee who was subsequently struck off for accepting "gifts" Rangers must have given him a good bung that night.

JPR Gordon was the referee who was subsequently struck off for accepting "gifts" Rangers must have given him a good bung that night.

Never forget that night...Greig clattered Pettigrew when we were 2-0 up, no penalty from that weasal and we all know the rest. Ian Archer did a very sympathetic piece in the Herald if I remember unlike the Rancid which was all about the great Rangers comeback. We never recovered from that night, and a decline to relegation followed, so to me it became more than just being ROBBED of a final place

A victory on Sunday would be so sweet for everybody but particularily those there in 1976.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm not completely sure losing to Rangers led to the decline and relegation 2 seasons later.

There were other factors and you could never say 100% but there is no doubt we then went into decline and it had a profound effect on the psyche around the club, not so much losing a semi final, but the way it happened. Anyway whatever the case revenge would be so sweet for us auld yins

• Like 1

There were other factors and you could never say 100% but there is no doubt we then went into decline and it had a profound effect on the psyche around the club, not so much losing a semi final, but the way it happened. Anyway whatever the case revenge would be so sweet for us auld yins

The biggest mistake we made was assuming we were entitled to better than Willie McLean was achieving we sacked him when we were sitting mid table then employed a fuckin PE teacher as manager.....We also had an unsettled dressing room and there were jealousies over contracts as guys like Peter Marinello has subsequently confirmed

The moment we went two nil up in that semi final in 1976 was the apex of that side. We had already put out Celtic and Hibs, and would have grubbed Hearts in the final. We were robbed, pure and simple., that night, and the fact that the referee was subsequently found to be corrupt is neither surprising or unrelated to the fact .

After that, it was downhill all the way for Willie McLeans team.

If anyone ever asks me why I hate Rangers, I just think back to this game. They have no shame, they never have, they never will. An abomination of a club and the home for c**ts of the highest order.

Party at my house on the day Derek Johnstone dies. All welcome.

• Like 4

That day in March `76 will never leave me but to wish ill on Johnstone is not on.

Wee bit of background which some may not be aware of.

First of all I am reliably informed that after the game Willie Mc Lean was physically pulled off the courtesy bus carrying the referee as he was intent `sorting him out`.

Secondly the journalist who wrote the great Glasgow Herald piece was actually Jim Reynolds. Ian Archer in a separate article following Rangers fans causing mayhem at an Aston Villa match coined the great description of RFC namely " they are the permanent embarrassment and the occasional disgrace " . Still applies today.

Finally I can say that 18 months after the semi in of all places East Berlin to see Scotland play East Germany, I spoke with 2 journalists who had been at the semi. Chillingly on the understanding that their confidence was protected both of them said that Rangers " come what may" were winning that match .

JRP Gordon got his comeuppance later but there was a wider issue . That is that RFC is Scotland`s dirty secret. Their history is flawed and I have little doubt, often via the connivance of referees and the SFA, that they cheated their way to countless trophies . Always remember Bobby Watson who had played for them before us commenting that it was only after leaving them that it dawned on him how often RFC got crucial decisions at vital times. Decisions which he acknowledged MFC seldom got.

And this was before EBT`s.

A truly disgraceful institution .

• Like 4

The 1976 match is still etched in my mind to this day.

However, I truly believe come Sunday, this team has the beating of RFC.

Unable to attend but to all Well fans, back the team 100% and enjoy the occasion.

Good luck to everyone associated.

You can do this!

• Like 2

Like the others that night I will always remember the feeling when Gordon gave Rangers that penalty. Straight from a punt up the park by McCloy after Greig nearly cut Pettigrew in half. The guys I was with all agreed at that point that all was not fair and we were never going to win that night. I still get mad about it and I am now in my sixties and should have calmed down by now.

• Like 1

Speaking of Derek Johnston I see his quote today - "Just like the boys of '76, Rangers have to maintain winning mentality against Motherwell". I wasn't alive for that semi but it's one my family have always went on about. I would take anyway to get to the Final but I would honestly sell my soul to pump them Play Off style.

• Like 1