League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Fantastic occasion, delighted to have seen us beat them in a cup game and delighted for everyone connected to the club. The transformation in mentality, dedication and fitness has been remarkable .under Robinson

Having said that, while it was never going to be pretty I thought we were well under par until we scored. They then completely lost the plot and courtesy of some Moult magic, we seen the game out in very comfortable fashion.

Moult, Carson and McHugh were our top performers imo. And while he was a bombscare, credit to Kipre playing through illness.

That was the first game I've managed to get over for this season (I'd already booked the travel to coincide with the Celtic game on Saturday, so a Hampden semi was some bonus.) As an exile I am always very grateful when folk give their post-match analysis, so I was really looking forward to returning the favour with my own detailed critique. So, here goes:

FUCKING MAGIC! GIRFUY PEDRO!

• Like 3

Not the greatest game of football, but given what was at stake for both teams, maybe not that surprising.

Thought they probably edged the first half. They had more territory and possession than us, and were winning more of the 2nd balls which surprised me. I would say though that clear cut chances were probably about even.

Thought the second half was the reverse of that. We got lucky on a few occasions but we had more control of the game, won more second balls and probably deserved to win in the end.

Great to put them out of a cup at last. This team just keeps pushing the boundaries of what we think is possible.

Now we have 4 weeks to dream.....

• Like 1

That was the interview i heard on Radio Clyde. They rightly pointed out afterwards that his comments might have carried more weight if he hadn't kicked out at Moult and deserved a red card.

A great win although by no means a classic. We showed all the necessary qualities to grind out a win this afternoon. I've waited 41 years for that and boy was it sweet. A great tem performance with Louis Moult being the main difference between the teams. The referee was weak and inconsistent and although Bowman should have been red carded so too should Alves and Morelos. Some of Rangers theatrics had to be seen to be believed. I was so chuffed for our fans.

Irrespective of how we fare in the final it will be huge financial boost to the club. I reckon from today's gate we're looking at £250k plus hospitality, catering and programme income.

Still we should savour today's win as such victories don't come around too often.

All credit to the management and players. Not forgetting our support too who backed the team to the hilt.

• Like 1

A great win although by no means a classic. We showed all the necessary qualities to grind out a win this afternoon. I've waited 31 years for that and boy was it sweet. A great tem performance with Louis Moult being the main difference between the teams. The referee was weak and inconsistent and although Bowman should have been red carded so too should Alves and Morelos. Some of Rangers theatrics had to be seen to be believed. I was so chuffed for our fans.

Irrespective of how we fare in the final it will be huge financial boost to the club. I reckon from today's gate we're looking at £250k plus hospitality, caering and programme income.

Still we should savour today's win as such victories don't come around too often.

All credit to the management and players. Not forgetting our support too who backed the team to the hilt.

Sure I was reading somewhere that said making the final will earn us £900k minimum? Fucking sweet season so far financially.

Btw, Offer every penny to King Louis in the form of a new contract!

• Like 1

Final will be a different ball game, but I doubt anyone fancies playing us right now.

Celtic will rightly be favourites, but if by some chance we win, it would be some achievement given the opposition along the way.

For the first time in a long time we are getting the wee breaks you need to win a cup.