League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Rangers had a 38,000 allocation, but didn't sell them all. Motherwell had just under 8000 fans there.

As for the final, I assume we'll agree to give Celtic the whole North Stand rather than half, and we'll get the West Stand and half of the South.

I see the SPFL and the two clubs are in discussions over ticketing to prevent another Hibs.

I am sure for the Scottish Cup Final v Celtic we got 17,000 tickets or thereabouts and they got the rest minus of course VIP and Sponsors etc. Expect same to happen again. That would give them 33,000 instead of 25,000. At least we will only be outnumbered 2-1 rather than the 4-1 last Sunday.

I am more concerned by the continual sniping about our aggressive tactics. I cannot remember too many bad challenges other than the elbow from Bowman that went unpunished. But then same happened to Moult. It looked worse for the Rangers player because it was his nose.

Brendan Rogers getting in quick to clearly put pressure on final referee. Which inevitably means we will be under more scrutiny than them - job done. So Scott Brown can half one of our players and get a talking too. Whereas Bowman leans into someone and it is a red card and 5 year ban !

+1, we weren't the best to watch but McCall took us into the Champions League, and seems like an all round great guy. Each to their own though!

Fat Sally, however, get it up him.

I'll always appreciate what McCall did for us and I never agreed with his previous association with Rangers clouding his success as a manager with us.

However, he was on BT Sport before the game saying "I don't know who will win but I know who I want to win" which was, at best, a strange thing to bring up considering that there wasn't any prompting whatsoever. Then after the match, he looked gutted and barely said a word.

I've no problem with him being a Rangers fan but, considering his association with our club, he could have at least tried to suppress his feelings a bit.

If the media are talking about the ref's performance at all it should be to ask the important question as to why he wasn't immediately stopping the game for obvious head knocks. Of course, per normal, the important questions are swept aside in their rush to commiserate with their chosen team and support.

The Rangers players were so concerned about their injured team - mate, they carried on playing with possession for some time and nearly scored. Perhaps a bit of a 'cry wolf' attitude as they knew they had been going down following minimal contact all game?

I see the SPFL and the two clubs are in discussions over ticketing to prevent another Hibs.

That should take two minutes , they ask Motherwell how many we want we say 20,000 and set a date by which those 20,000 need sold, say 4 days before the final. What Motherwell do not sell by that date are automatically passed over to Celtic. Its only Scottish Football that could make a meal of a simple concept such as the Hibs allocation

Anybody see what happened down at the front after the 1st goal? Saw a well fan get huckled, but there was a steward walking around shaking his wrist and eventually got taken away injured, looked the sort of injury youd get if youd been punching folk...

...or if you been using a guy's body instead of a rope for tug-of-war!

Anybody see what happened down at the front after the 1st goal? Saw a well fan get huckled, but there was a steward walking around shaking his wrist and eventually got taken away injured, looked the sort of injury youd get if youd been punching folk...

Some of the usual heavy-handed policing. Everyone storming down the front, lad at the front got dunted out the gate and was trying to get back in but 4 of Police Scotland's finest manhandled him onto the ground giving it the full knee in the back, arm twisting shite.

Absolutely out of order.

Some of the usual heavy-handed policing. Everyone storming down the front, lad at the front got dunted out the gate and was trying to get back in but 4 of Police Scotland's finest manhandled him onto the ground giving it the full knee in the back, arm twisting shite.

Absolutely out of order.

Wasn't exactly what I saw.

As you said, guy ended up on track. He looked a bit surprised when he realised where he was and it looked from where I was (albeit quite a distance away) as if a steward told him to get back because the guy just started walking back. Then a steward, don't know if it was the same one or a different one, decided the guy should be ejected and started moving quickly towards the guy. The guy tried to get back amongst the other fans but got caught by the steward before he made it to safety. Then the tug-of-war started and Police Scotland arrived on the scene to help the steward out and throw the guy about a bit.

The sucking up to Saint Brendan by the media has become Walter Smithesque.Oooh let's ask Brendan what he thinks. Anybody with Scott Brown in their team greetin about heavy challenges :pilot::pilot: Got to hand it to him , got the first blow in, Hey referees!!! ra poor creative Sellick players are gonna be hurt by the Motherwell cloggers. Help us out

I haven't had an opportunity to watch the press conference yet but the summary on the BBC Sport Scotland site provides a succinct response from Robinson along the lines of "We're not dirty. We're hard, we're physical, we're aggressive; and you'll know you've been in a game against us." Says all their needs saying in my view.

Looking at it from a slightly different perspective though. This season we've talked of how we've lost games in our heads against Rangers over the years. How we struggled to get the mindset right to deal with Hearts physicality in the eighties and nineties (you could add in Hearts MKII in Airdrie).

Leaving the Final aside aside how many players and opposition teams who don't have our current mentality will go in to games against us with those very same mental deficiencies we displayed against those teams because all they've heard and read about is this team that's fired up to kick fuck out of them on the park. How many will shit it the first time Allan Campbell or Hartley come steaming in hard early doors?

There's an advantage as well as a disadvantage of having a rep for being a strong physical side.

I see Alves recieved a two match ban for his kick out at Moult. Should get another 2 for that awful barnet tbf.

As funny as that is i wish it had all got swept under the carpet. Despite Stevies great efforts in the presser, the agenda has been set against us and Bowman. The last thing we need is a Rangers with chip on shoulder bleating the case to their media chums.