League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Listening to Sportscene right now. Did I imagine Louis Moult getting elbowed and made to leave the field with a blood injury? Must have done, because none of the experts has mentioned it. And Thompson, did he not elbow Stevie Hammell in the coupon in a final. Hypocritical, slevering ...

Gordon Dalziel really rips ma knitting with his kidding on he's a Motherwell fan.

Ive never heard anything from Gotdon Dalzell to back up the claim he makes that hes a Motherwell fan. Hes clearly a h*n, who may well be from the Motherwell area.

Derek Ferguson pretending to be an accies fan would be almost as believable.

• Like 1

I know Gordon Dalziel. He likes Motherwell but there is no way he is a Dosser - especially against the Currents.

well he was inn ma class at dalziel n wore his rangurs top to PE every week heez been in fir park more in the last few years commentating than he ever was when he stayed in airbles rd

if my old memory serves me right we played Celtic 3 times in 8 days in 1991 when we went onto win the cup. Beat them in the league at Parkhead drew semi final and won the replay.

Saturday, Wednesday, Wednesday (might have been Tuesdays). They had a game on the Saturday but we were due to play one of the other semi finalists so our game was off.

We played Rangers in a Reserve League Cup game if I mind right on that free Saturday. There were a good couple of thousand at it. It was a mental game. We were something like 4-1 down and came back to win 6-4 or 6-5. Seem to remember Cusack at centre half and Mowgli getting four.

Sorry. Returning to topic in 3,2,1...

The level of seethe across the press is brilliant, the fact Alves got cited is brilliant and that statement. Wow.

A couple of things though, stepping back a bit:

- Bowman has studded a Celtic player in the inside of the thigh and drew blood and now broke a Rangers players nose and didn't get sent off for either. I do think he is just clumsy/fired up at times but he needs to watch. I reckon most of us would want a Celtic/Rangers player sent off if that happened to us.

- Our tactics at times, although effective, have at times lacked a bit of football since we've played Tait on the left and dropped Cadden back. I would like to see that changed a little. We will probably need to change it somehow anyway. As everyone knows how we play and set up now.

after being on a high after Sunday it's just been a downer with all the negativity towards us especially from the media. Hopefully different stories for clubs will happen and we will be kept out the spotlight until the Final and no doubt our trip to Ibrox. My opinion of media totally changed. Not one has come out and defended us, end of rant

Vince Lunny weighs in on the Alves ruling...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41747625

BBC not quite sure what happened ....... "alledged" & "appeared"

"Alves for an alleged swipe at Motherwell's Louis Moult"

"Alves appeared to lash out with both feet as he and Moult tangled"

At least they saw Ryan incident "he caught his rival with his elbow".........100% correct there !!!!!

I cant understand how 2 reckless challenges were made yet press consistantly only mentioning 1 .The fact that Moult had cut above eye that needed stitches has been totally forgotten and wiped under the carpet yet a broken nose has caused uproar . To me they were identical challenges but we a Club said nothing as its a mans game yet the moaners get all the publicity .Only fact that really matters is were in Final there not so time to move on .

BBC not quite sure what happened ....... "alledged" & "appeared"

"Alves for an alleged swipe at Motherwell's Louis Moult"

"Alves appeared to lash out with both feet as he and Moult tangled"

At least they saw Ryan incident "he caught his rival with his elbow".........100% correct there !!!!!

Alves didn't allegedly swipe anything.....he DID kick Moult. A kick or an attempt to kick a player is a straight red card for violent conduct.

The fact the ref somehow missed that right in front of him deepens the mystery.

The amount of column inches and airtime dedicated to Sunday's incidents and disciplinary sanctions is truly staggering, and all in the name of appeasing the thick followers of the newco, who simply cannot comprehend or accept that they are no more than an average league side who absolutely no one fears now, or for the foreseeable future.

Had the roles been reversed and the flashpoints happened at the other end of the pitch, with say Candeias breaking Hartley's nose and Cedric kicking out at Morelos to receive a ban , would there be the same outcry from Keith Jackson et al.? Would MFC have been so incensed as to issue an utter embarrassment of an official statement.?

Don't think so somehow. In some ways I wish the cnts would suck it up and shut up, but then again the utter seethe and meltdowns we have caused them by having the audacity to rough them up and pump them out is still absolutely glorious reading even 3days later.

Sadly its going to work against us for the rest of the season now. I did not have high expectations of anything in the final anyway but every challenge will be pulled up now. We will also be a marked team in the league games with opposition managers pointing out what a bunch of thugs we are in advance of games and referees put under pressure to act.

Its as though all the positives about the club and team are being ripped away when in fact the players have been a revelation. Everyone seems to have forgotten how we totally outplayed Aberdeen last round playing high tempo, and yes skilful football at times. Suddenly weve turned into the equivalent of the Leeds team of the 1970s