League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

From the BBC: "Rangers defender Fabio Cardoso is apparently having a go at Motherwell in the Ibrox programme tonight, describing the Fir Park outfit as a football version of WWE."

Send Peter Hartley to Ibrox tomo and let him take the soft portugese fanny to Suplex City!

• Like 1

it was only £25 for sections G. and £10 for kids, it'll probably be the same for the final.

In sections I (the seats where its possible to see the other side of the park) it was £35 with no concessions.

Absolutely rotten stadium

To be honest it's worth the extra for the south stand section, it's the only way to get a half decent view of the game, but you are correct it is a horrible stadium to watch football in.

From the BBC: "Rangers defender Fabio Cardoso is apparently having a go at Motherwell in the Ibrox programme tonight, describing the Fir Park outfit as a football version of WWE."

I heard them report it on sportsound just before the match and to be fair they seemed to have taken a step back. Chick Young said both teams were playing hard, Miller, English and Gordon were asking if the Rangers programme reported the elbow on Moult or the Alves kick out. They belitted Cardoso a bit. Refreshing to hear

In relation to the Bowman incident. If you watch it, no Sevco player looks for a free kick or makes any fuss over it, the fans also arent up in arms over it. In fact they play on for a futher 33 seconds before the ball goes out of play and Cardoso is sent for treatment. I'm sure if the players thought it was intentional they would have made a move for Bowman or surrounded the ref when it happenned.

What about Jigs elbow on Cummins in the Scottish Cup game at Ibrox in 2012 which we lost 2-0?

Zaliukas put an elbow on Person in the playoff game at Fir Park. (To Be Fair, we walloped McCulloch with a flag pole :-) )

Rob Kieran and his lunge at Stevie Hammell last season.

Sour grapes cos they lost the game their manager said was a win or win and looking for a scrapegoat rather than blame their own failings.

Anyway, an elbow in the face was Pyscho's on Peter Grant. Now that was a red card and a half :-)

Half watching sheep v celtic. Aberdeen sitting off them and getting destroyed. Think its safe to say we wont be giving Celtic as much space to let them play. They might still hump us, but cant see us inviting them to do so as Aberdeen are.

Exactly my thoughts. Playing with 2 banks of 5 on the edge of their own penalty box half the time. Not the Robinson way

Very surprised Celtic have been allocated B6-B8, I thought we would have held out for 15,000.

Im not going to complain about the price of a cup final ticket but the £5 increase seems a tad unnecessary.

The allocation looks to be a mirror image of the 2005 League Cup Final. We took 16,000 that day. Looks like it's only our part of the South Upper that has yet to be allocated to us. When it is, it should be an almost identical allocation to 2005.

Edited by superwellfan

am i right in saying we get 50/50 gate splits for revenue? This cup is showing signs of a nice little money spinner for us.

Yes, but only once expenses are deducted. Generally speaking a team will end up with one third of the gate. I'm not sure if expenses include VAT though. Assuming a paying crowd of 48,000 and an average ticket price of £25 the VAT bill will amount to about £250k. Thats a fair sum.

We'll receive £115,000 in sponsorship (£250,000 if we win); £32,500 for TV cash; gate money of about £400K; and a share of programme/catering sales. We'll also have hospitality income. As you say a nice little money spinner. Players and management of course will rightly be entitled to their bonuses.

• Like 1

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/10/26/betfred-cup-final-ticket-prices/

Betfred Cup Final: Ticket Prices
Thursday, October 26, 2017

Gebtredhampden220917I.jpg

The SPFL yesterday announced ticket prices and allocations for the final of the 2017 Betfred Cup, which will take place at Hampden Park on Sunday, November 26.

The club has agreed an allocation of an initial 13,500 tickets for the match, with the ability to get more (approximately another 1,500) should they be required.

Both clubs enquired about the possibility of concession tickets in the South Stand, but were told this was not possible by the SPFL.

So ticket prices are as follows:

West Stand Sections A1 – A7 & B1 – B5

Adults: £30
Concessions: £15

South Section Lower Section P1 – P6

Adults: £35

South Section Lower Section O1 – O2

Adults: £40

South Stand Wheelchair: £15 Adult / £5 for Concession
West Stand Wheelchair: £10 Adult / £5 for Concession

Concessions are listed as Under 16s and Over 65s.

Details on when tickets will be available along with distribution information and priority, opening times and other details will be announced shortly.

Hospitality

Make sure you don’t miss out on our Centenary Suite, Millennium Suite and Joe Wark Lounge hospitality packages, all available at the cost of £95pp.

• Pay Bar available pre and post-match (bars open from 11am)
  • Breakfast Roll served at 11.45am
  • South Stand matchday ticket
  • Official matchday programme
  • Hospitality coach to and from Hampden with official parking
  • Glass of sparkling wine on return
  • 2-course meal – warming hot stovies and dessert (vegetarian option available)
  • Motherwell legend Stevie Kirk as matchday host
  • Raffle
Travel
Get official parking at Hampden Stadium only with club buses. For just £8 per person, with access to Cooper Bar and Cooper Concourse for pre-match drinks and food from 11am.
  • Like 1

Why isn't it possible to have concessions in the south stand? Are they aware we are now in the 21st century?

You can only have Concession tickets or Ticket Deals in eqiuvalent seats. As the South Stand is a newer and better standard than the rest of the stadium the rules dont allow you to have concessions in it (well the rules allow them to duck out of concessions on a technicality)

I had an argument with officials at Caley last season about this. They had a 4 for £40 deal in the Main Stand only, therefore it was only for home fans. I argued that was discriminating against Away fans as it would cost me £76 for 4 seats, but the guy told me about this rule. If they offered the deal to Away fans they would be forced to offer it to the home fans in the opposite stand. But that stand was where the majority of Caley`s pay at the gate fans go, so it would cost them a fortune. If they offered it in the Main Stand, as the one opposite was different/non existant they didnt need to offer it anywhere else.

As you said, this is the best they can come up with in the 21st Century! Typical SPFL

I found the letter for the vote on that recently when having a clear out. I take it if we'd vacated the Cooper the club would have ramped up the prices for them.

As much as I dislike them, behaviour like that would probably have come back to bite us at some point and we wouldn't really have been in a position to complain if we found ourselves getting ripped off.

Anyway, we voted no and what a wonderful day it was.