League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

In all the years I have been going to Fir Park, I have never heard of anyone missing out on a game because they couldn't get a ticket.

My dad told me he couldnt get a ticket for the league game v Rangers just before the 1991 cup final, but in hindsight that mustve meant he bought the very last ticket.

:lol:

Or more likely didnt want to take a 9 yr old due to KO time and potential for bother....

Daft question but if you have season ticket and are well society member then is it still only 5 tickets and not 10?. I hope the club have got this right. I don't want to be hearing about season ticket holders missing out on tickets. Only way that happens obviously is if we sell out 15,000 tickets which is brilliant but not if it's still the expense of a lot of season ticket holders.

See above and below points. There is no way we will reach a point where we havent got enough for everyone.

(I can see the point we couldve limited to 3 per season, as we couldnt technically fulfil 5 tickets for every season ticket holder, but the chances of everyone with an adult and 2 kids in the Cooper turning up looking for 15 tickets seems beyond unlikely.)

:lol:

I've had this discussion with a few friends, would I swap our league places in the past 10 years, splitting the old firm, best of the rest, and European qualification for silverwear when the likes of ICT, St Johnstone, St Mirren and Killie have all managed to pick up a cup?

Likewise, in a heartbeat.

That's not what I'm saying at all, I was talking purely about the 3 Celtic games. I completely disagree with the above.

Telephone Bookings

Due to the short timescale, we are unable to post tickets. These will be available for collection from the Chapman Office from Thursday, November 16.

Wtf is this crap? Short timescale? Tickets go on sale on the 7th and the final is the 26th. Looks like I need to get the train through from Edinburgh again (same as with the Semi) on a non match day and ruin an afternoon. What about those from further afield?

Get this amended please Motherwell.

I agree, but surely you can post to season ticket or WS members as you hold their details too?

While it doesnt seem a stretch, even if they insisted on Special delivery, still cheaper than a round trip to fir park for many.

Perhaps theres potentially far too much work involved if you get guys from bellshill saying they cant get to ticket office... could end up with thousands of tickets to post if they opened the option.

Likes of Rangers and Celtic have a full time operation in place sending out thousands of tickets every week. Most of us are probably on 1st name terms with the ticket office staff at fir park.

It's the same situation as usual.Every 'Well fan who wants a ticket will get one.In all the years I have been going to Fir Park, I have never heard of anyone missing out on a game because they couldn't get a ticket.

Unfortunately missed out a couple of times due to not being a season ticket holder anymore. Had a season ticket for years then had to give it up due to change in work shifts. Couldn't get a ticket for either playoff game against rangers even though there were plenty of tickets left as I hadn't bought a ticket for a home game. Always pay at the gate like everyone else when I can get to a game so only time I bought a ticket was for european games which they said for some strange reason didn't count. Season ticket holders and well society members should 100% get first pick at tickets etc but 5 per person is a bit much. Surely 3 each would suffice and then let people who purchased tickets for previous rounds who aren't season ticket holders can get tickets as don't see a public sale happening.

That's not what I'm saying at all, I was talking purely about the 3 Celtic games. I completely disagree with the above.

Meant to quote On The Fringes and cited you by mistake. I was agreeing with his post.

Getting back to the final, after today, I can see something like this line up on the day. The dilemma is going to be 3 players in particular I reckon McHugh, not performing well but is club captain, so a big decision to drop. Rose, unglamorous role but those who don't ball watch notice his influence. Bowman, do you drop a successful duo to play one up front to gain an extra defender or midfielder against arguably a team with so many strengths going forward?

------------- Carson --------------

Tait -- Kipre --- Hartley -- Dunne

------- McHugh ---- Bigi ---------

-- Carswell - Campbell - Rose --

-------------- Moult ---------------

If it's purely on form then McHugh would drop out and our best performing player from January till May in Frear wouldn't get a look in because he has no form to display because he's got nowhere near so far. I haven't seen enough of Petravicius or Tanner for them to warrant a start. Bigi and McHugh on paper are defensive midfielders but the above leaves Moult exposed, but I expect our defence will be run ragged by Tierney and Forrest so need cover. I have no fear Campbell can compete with Brown but I think he's naive and not as street savvy.

Does Grimshaw got more about him in training than McHugh? Would you go with Bowman up front with Louis and stick with Bigi as cover when a lot think he's more an impact player? Will Tanner or a number of the other fringe players do enough over the next few weeks to get a look in? I like everyone else would also like to see McHugh get his mojo back. Is Grimshaw's tenacity maybe what we need from the start? and hopefully Plummer can stake a place as I think Dunne needs competition. Big Cedric just needs to put some Vicks on his shirt to keep him switched on.

Personally, I think our best chance is below (subject to no injuries or other players emerging). Bigi or McHugh would be a toss up for the start instead of Grimshaw but we know what he's capable of (from 18 months ago) issue is getting game time between now and the final, plus big game and young head opposed to experience may count against him. We know who the manager will tend to favour:

------------ Grimshaw ------------

-------- Moult -- Bowman --------

Meant to quote On The Fringes and cited you by mistake. I was agreeing with his post.

Getting back to the final, after today, I can see something like this line up on the day. The dilemma is going to be 3 players in particular I reckon McHugh, not performing well but is club captain, so a big decision to drop. Rose, unglamorous role but those who don't ball watch notice his influence. Bowman, do you drop a successful duo to play one up front to gain an extra defender or midfielder against arguably a team with so many strengths going forward?

------- McHugh ---- Bigi ---------

-------------- Moult ---------------

If it's purely on form then McHugh would drop out and our best performing player from January till May in Frear wouldn't get a look in because he has no form to display because he's got nowhere near so far. I haven't seen enough of Petravicius or Tanner for them to warrant a start. Bigi and McHugh on paper are defensive midfielders but the above leaves Moult exposed, but I expect our defence will be run ragged by Tierney and Forrest so need cover. I have no fear Campbell can compete with Brown but I think he's naive and not as street savvy.

Does Grimshaw got more about him in training than McHugh? Would you go with Bowman up front with Louis and stick with Bigi as cover when a lot think he's more an impact player? Will Tanner or a number of the other fringe players do enough over the next few weeks to get a look in? I like everyone else would also like to see McHugh get his mojo back. Is Grimshaw's tenacity maybe what we need from the start? and hopefully Plummer can stake a place as I think Dunne needs competition. Big Cedric just needs to put some Vicks on his shirt to keep him switched on.

Personally, I think our best chance is below (subject to no injuries or other players emerging). Bigi or McHugh would be a toss up for the start instead of Grimshaw but we know what he's capable of (from 18 months ago) issue is getting game time between now and the final, plus big game and young head opposed to experience may count against him. We know who the manager will tend to favour:

------------ Grimshaw ------------

-------- Moult -- Bowman --------

Carswell can't take throw ins
  • Like 1

Unfortunately missed out a couple of times due to not being a season ticket holder anymore. Had a season ticket for years then had to give it up due to change in work shifts. Couldn't get a ticket for either playoff game against rangers even though there were plenty of tickets left as I hadn't bought a ticket for a home game. Always pay at the gate like everyone else when I can get to a game so only time I bought a ticket was for european games which they said for some strange reason didn't count. Season ticket holders and well society members should 100% get first pick at tickets etc but 5 per person is a bit much. Surely 3 each would suffice and then let people who purchased tickets for previous rounds who aren't season ticket holders can get tickets as don't see a public sale happening.

In an ideal situation you would know a season ticket holder and they would get you a ticket as part of their 5

Hmmm....Im in the position of not being in the WS or having a ST, but I have been to all the LC games so far.

Thought there might have a been a concession if you had the last two tickets of LC you could get tickets before gen release.

Can see myself standing outside hampden begging for tickets on the day.

Hmmm....Im in the position of not being in the WS or having a ST, but I have been to all the LC games so far.

Thought there might have a been a concession if you had the last two tickets of LC you could get tickets before gen release.

Can see myself standing outside hampden

begging for tickets on the day.

Just turn up at fir park and ask a season book holder to get s ticket for you I am sure not everyone will be buying their full allocation of 5