League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Phoned up for a ticket yesterday and got section the back of section P2, although it was only a single ticket.

Not sure the photo ID thing will be an issue if you're on the database already with a purchase history (which the vast majority of folk likely will be).

How many tickets we ultimately sell in the end remains to be seen but I think the club have played it pretty well with the tickets all things considered.

I'm always of a mind that if a club believe they can sell out half of Hampden then they should be entitled to a 50/50 split in a Final regardless of the incessant whining it never fails to generate amongst (the invariably) Old Firm opponent who believes they should be entitled to whatever number of tickets they want.

I think by the time the game comes around the club will have been able to accommodate every 'Well fan that wants to be there whilst at the same time maximizing the income we can make from the game. If we were of the mind we could I suspect have stood firm and refused to allow any Celtic fans in the West Stand or get that top tier but if we've ample tickets for our support and nobody is missing out, then why not take the extra revenue?

There's the argument that numbers wise we'll be at a disadvantage but I think there 200 of us at Parkhead the last time we beat them there and 9,000, 10,000,or however many thousand Motherwell fans there will still be a better ratio than what we're used to in many cases.

Still hope we can limit them to as few sections in that West Stand as possible but there presence isn't completely without its benefits.

• Like 2

As Hibs showed at semi final I think floating fans give up before a ball is kicked when playing Celtic these days . I am sure if Hibs has been playing any other team in semis would have taken a lot more . I know some people who would have went if game had been Saturday also and imo its wrong to have a cup final on a Sunday as I would rather have 5 30 kick off on a Saturday . I expected 10K tbh so not far away but as said before semi final would rather have true loyal fans going ballistic at game than all spread out within people only there for the occasion . We will still make enough noise so Bring it on

As a part owner of the club, I want Hampden to be be full. I'd prefer Motherwell fans, but if Motherwell fans can't fill our allocation, then I'm not fussed if it's Celtic fans or neutrals that make up the numbers.

I don't get the hate for people "there for the occasion". It would be one thing if they were taking tickets away from the hard core support, but it looks like there will be enough to accommodate all parties concerned.

I certainly dont hate people there for the occasion just saying that if we have 9000 diehards will make just as much noise if not more than 9000 diehards in among a crowd of 15000 . I would rather we had sold our allocation but as we have not it shows the floating supporter not going so all Im saying is Im sure we will make just as much noise with or without them . I also agree if we cant sell our tickets Celtic should be given more as would prefer fans there rather than empty seats like the Hibs semi. Every Well fan who wanted a ticket has had access to 1 and thats all that matters .

Thought we might have held our allocation at least until the weekend. Public sale only started yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the moment we have no idea of how many tickets we have returned - if any.

We could have asked for 15000 with a provision that if sold we would get an extra couple of thousand if required and these could be the tickets that have now been allocated to Celtic.

There might be more to be returned after the weekend.

At the moment we have no idea of how many tickets we have returned - if any.

We could have asked for 15000 with a provision that if sold we would get an extra couple of thousand if required and these could be the tickets that have now been allocated to Celtic.

There might be more to be returned after the weekend.

Certainly a possibility.

I await being told of several obvious solutions and not trying hard enough but it just wasn't feasible for me to drive from Aberdeen to Motherwell to buy tickets.

I take it you are trolling, there is no way you are a Motherwell fan residing in Scotland that is unable to get a ticket for the final with very little effort.

I certainly dont hate people there for the occasion just saying that if we have 9000 diehards will make just as much noise if not more than 9000 diehards in among a crowd of 15000 .

you made a decent point about match scheduling maybe limiting the floating fans , but the patter about us having 9000 diehard fans is pretty laughable

I await being told of several obvious solutions and not trying hard enough but it just wasn't feasible for me to drive from Aberdeen to Motherwell to buy tickets.

Stu I am travelling to Lanarkshire tomorrow happy pop up to Fir Park and sort out tickets for you and post them up......PM me if of interest

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Guy at work is Celtic ST holder and bought seats in B4 today

Seems like then weve given back tickets for B4 and B5 then. Taken from the announcement on the general sale which was put out on the official website on Monday "As per SPFL instructions, tickets will be sold from Area P1 towards P6, Area A1 towards A7 and then Area B1 towards B3". As previous posters have commented, id rather we were getting a share of the gate receipts from a full stadium rather than from a 3/4 full one.

Seems like then weve given back tickets for B4 and B5 then. Taken from the announcement on the general sale which was put out on the official website on Monday "As per SPFL instructions, tickets will be sold from Area P1 towards P6, Area A1 towards A7 and then Area B1 towards B3". As previous posters have commented, id rather we were getting a share of the gate receipts from a full stadium rather than from a 3/4 full one.

Our information is it's not the clubs' decision given public sale only commenced on Monday. Suspect, as has been mentioned previously that the powers that be don't want the empty seat scenario and if my club can maximise revenue - small price to pay.