League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Youve got to be kidding?!?!?!

Sadly not.

Craig Thomson has been appointed as the referee for the 2017/18 Betfred Cup Final between Motherwell and Celtic on Sunday November 26.

The game takes place at Hampden Park and is live on BT Sport, kick-off 3.00pm.

This will be the fourth time that Craig has refereed the League Cup Final – he took charge of the 2009/10, 2010/11 and 2012/13 finals.

The assistant referees are David McGeachie and Sean Carr and the fourth official is Andrew Dallas.

Read more at https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/craig-thomson-to-referee-betfred-final/#7gWArSdv63KvCRjC.99

That apology of a man is just a blatant cheat.

The standard of refereeing in Scotland at the moment is not good, some are worse than others , its all just varying degrees of incompetence, but i don't think for a minute that any of them are cheats, so that's a bit harsh.

He loves a penalty, pulled back our third goal to award a penalty instead.

Exactly look at Denmarks penalty against Ireland ref let them shoot at goal then brought it back for the pen. whereas Sutton immediately 'scored' after the foul just as Thomson whistled, let it run for a few seconds man!!....it has gone under the radar because we were out of sight by then but can you imagine if that hadn't been the case and then we missed the pen.

That said I don't believe our current crop are bent...just largely incompetent and inconsistent.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They had sold 8k when i was in on Monday, i reckon we'll probably end up around 11k so about a 3000 drop from our last final but there's 2 obvious reasons for that.One this is the league cup, the Scottish cup will always be seen as the bigger competition and the one that more of the floating fans will want to go to and two, Celtic were rubbish when we last played them.They'd won nothing going into that game and there was a real feeling among our fans that we could cause an upset.I'm sure we're all optimistic going into this game but realistically i think most well fans would admit we have a slim chance of winning and if Celtic turn up and play well it could easily be a repeat of the 5-1 against Rangers.

They had sold 8k when i was in on Monday, i reckon we'll probably end up around 11k so about a 3000 drop from our last final but there's 2 obvious reasons for that.One this is the league cup, the Scottish cup will always be seen as the bigger competition and the one that more of the floating fans will want to go to and two, Celtic were rubbish when we last played them.They'd won nothing going into that game and there was a real feeling among our fans that we could cause an upset.I'm sure we're all optimistic going into this game but realistically i think most well fans would admit we have a slim chance of winning and if Celtic turn up and play well it could easily be a repeat of the 5-1 against Rangers.

I think also having the game on a Sunday on a (likely) cold November day would probably dissuade a number of floating fans from attending.

Flow has been getting vile abuse on twitter from some absolute roaster over tickets.

Embarrassing.

Vile abuse is a bit OTT if its the one I saw.

:lol:

Out of order and no way to ask for help, but youve lead a sheltered life if you're on Twitter and think thats vile abuse.

You'd think people would be fairly understanding of the fact we have a ticket office that normally deals with a few hundred to maybe 1500 tickets and were asking them to do ten times that on top of their usual business.

Presume we'll get south upper to sell if we sell out B3?

club are saying we have sold over 80% of our allocation (13,500). My limited arithmetic makes that 10,800 sold. Hopefully we sell the rest which would be a gre at effort. Edited by Fess

My first post !

Living in lancashire, phoned up on Monday, secured my 2 tickets, they offered to post to me, and I received them Tuesday morning.

No complaints from me.

Conclusion.... if the team perform as well as the ticket office, Celtic have no chance !

• Like 7

Vile abuse is a bit OTT if its the one I saw.

:lol:

Out of order and no way to ask for help, but youve lead a sheltered life if you're on Twitter and think thats vile abuse.

You'd think people would be fairly understanding of the fact we have a ticket office that normally deals with a few hundred to maybe 1500 tickets and were asking them to do ten times that on top of their usual business.

As well as the ticket office staff have dealt with the semi and now the final there is however a fundamental issue the club needs to drag itself into the 21st century and get proper online ticket booking and purchasing implemented, having to spend ages trying to call the office for them to write your details down take card numbers etc is a nonsense.

So maybe we could invest some of the cup money in upgrading the systems, even flow mentioned on Twitter that the systems were antiquated.

• Like 1

As well as the ticket office staff have dealt with the semi and now the final there is however a fundamental issue the club needs to drag itself into the 21st century and get proper online ticket booking and purchasing implemented, having to spend ages trying to call the office for them to write your details down take card numbers etc is a nonsense.

So maybe we could invest some of the cup money in upgrading the systems, even flow mentioned on Twitter that the systems were antiquated.

Aye, but yer not selling gig tickets, you're trying to sell tickets to Motherwell fans only, slightly more involved than online booking for an event.

• Like 1