League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

For me, the result wasn't ever really that important.

It would be potential benefits from the fact they would be chasing their tails for the best part of ninety minutes with the potential for unwanted injuries (which lo and behold...) have their attention diverted from the Final for a days, have additional travelling to do, and an upset to their training regime; all whilst we've been largely able to concentrate on the matter in hand.

It remains to be seen if any of that makes any difference but I can't see it doing us any harm.

• Like 1

For me, the result wasn't ever really that important.

It would be potential benefits from the fact they would be chasing their tails for the best part of ninety minutes with the potential for unwanted injuries (which lo and behold...) have their attention diverted from the Final for a days, have additional travelling to do, and an upset to their training regime; all whilst we've been largely able to concentrate on the matter in hand.

It remains to be seen if any of that makes any difference but I can't see it doing us any harm.

Thats it for me too Andy. I've never bought into the Scots media clap trap about big teams being wounded and dangerous after a defeat.

I am obviously hoping for a win on Sunday buy if we don't i just hope we turn up on the day, and get right in about them from the start, and be in their faces at every opportunity, they have been slapped down in Europe, its about time somebody did it domestically. :nod:

That's a good attitude. I'm feeling more positive than is probably warranted but fuck it. This squad has something special about it.

That said, a fortnight ago we were 3 down to county after 45 minutes....

Reckon there's an argument for either Frear or Sid to start. If Celtic play Bitton at right back then we absolutely have to target him with pace down that wing. Not sure who would drop out in that scenario though, Tait?

Sorry but giving a player his first start in a cup final and dropping one of our most influential players would be wrong and won't happen (imo)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I know that tactics come in to it but i'm a firm believer in putting yer best 11 on the park and let them worry about it. McGhee with Well and Strachan with Scotland are prime examples of trying to cancel out other teams and making a right dick of things in the process. McGhee would have Moult out wide right and Campbell at left back on sunday after a brain freeze trying to figure out how to nullify the threat from The Invincibles

It seems we are up there with PSG and Barcelona as one of only 4 teams who have scored 7 against Celtic, the long dead Rangers team are the other one

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2017/11/22/neymar-and-cavani-lead-the-way-as-paris-saint-germain-set-new-champions-league-scoring-record/#50f97d20db68

do you EVER do any real work ? sunday will be soon enough, you having brunch while watching the game ? with beers and andy of course :drinks:

Hey. It's thanksgiving and Logans birthday yesterday so off wed thu fri this week. Hoping to get a live stream on the tv. We'll all get our motherwell stuff on and i'll make some rolls and square slice for

Breakfast. Kick off at 9am here

• Like 1