League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Absolutely buzzing for this now.

I honestly have a feeling, like many others, that by this time tomorrow we could have welcomed home our new generation of heroes.

The odds in the eyes of most are stacked against us, but of anyone in the country I really think that we are the team most likely to end this whole invincible charade.

Celtic are streets ahead in the league, but how much of that is down to genuine quality, and how much is down to opposition sides giving them too much respect, the fear factor, playing the occasion rather than the team, or any other clichéd shite you can think of ?

I have no doubt that tomorrow Robinson will turn up with a game plan that has been meticulously worked on this week, and if the players go on the park and execute it with every ounce of energy and effort they can muster, we really do have a chance.

As the club promo blurb says, it is time for new heroes. Get your arses along, be vocal from first minute til last, and help put that extra yard on every run, an extra inch on every jump.

By getting behind the team and pushing them on , we can be heroes too. This is our time.

Or, alternatively, fuck all that sentimental pish, have a bevvy in the morning, get to the park and sing your heart out. Then return to Motherwell and get blitzed - win lose or draw, as where we are now from where we've been the last few years is some fucking achievement already.

MTW.

• Like 5

At the age of 48, Ive only ever seen Motherwell play in 3 finals. Tomorrow will be the fourth. In 2 of them we didnt turn up. Tomorrow I just want our team to show the mentality thats been on display all season and put in a performance worthy of the effort they have put in to get us here. If we do that and Celtic win it will be because they were the better team on the day and I will deal with that. However, if, just if, one or two of their players are a wee bit jaded or dont fancy it we have the opportunity to write another chapter in our great wee clubs history. Id love another day in the sun. Come on lads. Believe. Why Not Us?

Sorry tae be an old misery guts guys, but can't see us winning this ,I've bought apples of this stall before and it always ends in tears.

I dont think you are, its just being realistic.

Its just a bit galling we make it to a cup final with a team with a bit of bite about them and end up playing the most invincible Celtic team in our lifetime! Any other Celtic team in the last 20 years and we could take them.

That said, Im really looking forward to heading to Fir Park with my dad, family and friends to go and watch Motherwell in a cup final. Its a reasonably rare event and not to be sniffed at.

The interviews and press coming out of Fir Park this week has also been a breath of fresh air. Someone else said it on here, but the dont give a fuck attitude of Hartley and Cadden in particular is absolute fist pumping stuff and Im certainly not heading along tomorrow happy to make up the numbers, I want to win it!

Can we do it? Yes, absolutely.

Will we do it? I dont think so unfortunately.

I love the attitude coming out from the club and admire the optimism in general. But winning it, yep its a very, very long shot. Celtic are miles ahead of everyone else in terms of quality. But the pair of us are going to enjoy every minute of the day.

Sorry tae be an old misery guts guys, but can't see us winning this ,I've bought apples of this stall before and it always ends in tears.

Glad someone else said it first.

I'm as hopeful as anyone but Celtic still have it in them to absolutely scud us tomorrow.

Glad someone else said it first.

I'm as hopeful as anyone but Celtic still have it in them to absolutely scud us tomorrow.

Could anyone see St Mirren beating them to win the cup, could anyone see Kilmarnock beating them to win the cup ..... we will win tomorrow may not be silky may not be pretty but Im convinced this is our time. Im generally the biggest pessimist on the planet about Motherwell but I just got a feeling. They were pish against Ross County they do have bad games Scottish Teams too often are beat in their heads before they play them thats half the problem.

Most Motherwell fans wrote us off before the Rangers game too

Could anyone see St Mirren beating them to win the cup, could anyone see Kilmarnock beating them to win the cup ..... we will win tomorrow may not be silky may not be pretty but Im convinced this is our time. Im generally the biggest pessimist on the planet about Motherwell but I just got a feeling. They were pish against Ross County they do have bad games Scottish Teams too often are beat in their heads before they play them thats half the problem.

Most Motherwell fans wrote us off before the Rangers game too

This is the essence of the optimism in our ranks from the manager, through the team, to the fans.

Mindset and approach to games against them is the key. Most sides when they go behind to them, or even under periods of sustained pressure, seem to accept the inevitable and collapse.

Robinson has instilled a real belief and confidence in this group that by playing to our strengths and gameplan that we can match anyone.

Celtic don't usually come across that in domestic games, and that's what I think sets us apart from the rest in being the side most likely to end this invincible pish, especially as they haven't met us yet and as such we are still a bit of an unknown quantity to them on the field.

There's no denying that we will lose significantly in the possession stats, but if we stay disciplined in defence, and get good balls to our front two when we get a chance to break, we can take advantage of their weaknesses which are their defence and keeper.

We are rightly underdogs, but every dog has their day, and tomorrow could just be ours.

• Like 1

If Celtic play their best, they could score 5 or 6. It's no coincidence, however, that when we have been beating teams like Aberdeen or Rangers the match reports are full of how bad they were. We have players and tactics that make good teams struggle.

We are rightly the underdogs, but I can't imagine many pundits thought Scotland would score 53 points against the Australians today. That's the beauty of sport - you always have a chance.

If Celtic play their best, they could score 5 or 6. It's no coincidence, however, that when we have been beating teams like Aberdeen or Rangers the match reports are full of how bad they were. We have players and tactics that make good teams struggle.

We are rightly the underdogs, but I can't imagine many pundits thought Scotland would score 53 points against the Australians today. That's the beauty of sport - you always have a chance.

Bring the unwashed on ,

• Like 1

Good luck to the team and all those going to the game.

Realistically, we are unfancied underdogs and have little or no real chance of lifting the cup. But then again, when did realism and reality have anything to do with supporting a football team. As long as we give our all, leave nothing in the tank, then,whatever may transpire, we can live with the consequences.

As for me, I will be getting up at three oclock in the morning to follow events from the other side of the world. A small price to pay for the pride I take in the club my grandfather and father followed.

• Like 2

Anyone not doing prematch at Fir Park Club 100 get yer arse along to The Shed in Shawlands.

Prematch party for Well fans only.

Free entry

Kids welcome.

Free pies

Motherwell related set list.