League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Nor would we if it was in our favour, in all fairness.

Thought we competed well in the first half, but created little of note (Moult chance aside) for 90 mins. I'm disappointed with the result, but if you don't create, you don't score.

Yet more piss poor officiating, which shows zero prospect of improving. I look forward to Kipre having his card rescinded, Thompson getting the 'punishment' of a lower league game, and zero censure for that diving wee fuck.

although I didn't expect too many chances after we went down to 10 men. I thought up till then at 11 v 11 Celtic didn't have too many chances either. Also thought we were responding well after going a goal down.

I don't really have the energy to be as angry as I probably should be after that. Thought we rode our luck slightly at the start but grew into the game before halftime. Even at 1-0 we still had every chance imo. Thompson killed the game as a spectacle though.

I'm the same. Started typing out a mad rant but I just dont have it in me. Fair play to everyone in claret and amber today though. Was great outsinging them at full time for a bit.

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't agree with that (Ya Beezer). Looked like the game plan to me to hold out and frustrate for the first 45 or so. I was expecting to change formation and up the tempo in the final 30 mins, but the goal upset that and pushed the plan up a bit. Tanner coming on at 1-0 changed the game. Wenhad started to get through them and in behind. Gordon makes a great save, Moult taken out on another threatening attack and then some cheating and incompetent refereeing kills the game.

For all Celtic had the ball in the first 45, they did nothing with it.

• Like 2

One of the posters earlier, mentioning that Sinclair pretty much says" felt a touch so thought I'd go down" if that's not admitting to a dive and cause for some disciplinary action, I'm not sure what is.

Maybe. Trouble is, it's not against the rules to decide to fall over if you feel contact. It's only against the rules is if you feel contact that wasn't actually a foul (or don't feel any contact at all) and decide to fall over to make it look like a foul, and he hasn't gone as far as admitting he did that.

Maybe. Trouble is, it's not against the rules to decide to fall over if you feel contact. It's only against the rules is if you feel contact that wasn't actually a foul (or don't feel any contact at all) and decide to fall over to make it look like a foul, and he hasn't gone as far as admitting he did that.

I'm not well enough up on how the rules are written nowadays to argue the point but suffice to say, I'm pretty sure his intention was to influence the referees decision by throwing himself to the ground under his own steam, the contact from the defender not being enough to actually cause him to loose balance or fall over.

I actually think WE were the better team until the penalty incident. After that Celtic tore us apart for the most part.

Proud of the team, gutted for Kipre! He should be lauded for having the incredible Dembele in his pocket but instead he is the guy who gave away a penalty and got sent off!

although I didn't expect too many chances after we went down to 10 men. I thought up till then at 11 v 11 Celtic didn't have too many chances either. Also thought we were responding well after going a goal down.

I fully agree - By no means am I criticising the boys today. Gave everything and fought for every inch. We nullified them very well, but in doing so, we restricted our own options a wee bit going forward. I think it was the correct choice, but sometimes, sadly, shit happens.

Oh well, no real surprise end of the day and overall we did well. Not a lot in it first half but Celtic did go up a gear second half and obviously the sending off was a game changer and they just dominated after that. Not seen the penalty decision but from what everyone said both on the radio and on our bus home watching it, sounded like a bad call. We move on and im expecting a return this season in the Scottish cup.

Looked like a stonewaller when Tierney tripped Moult just before Celtics pen. Was I seeing things?

Nope.

"Totally accidental" therefore according to the btsport pundits; not a penalty.

Absolute bollocks. It was a penalty. If you are clumsy in the box it leads to penalties.

We rode our luck in the semi with regards to refereeing decisions so its hard to get caught up on today imo.

Celtic were by far the better team as you would expect and sloppy play for the 1st sealed our fate. Move on to Wednesday with a view to exploiting any complacency.

Away ye go man.

We rode our luck in the semi with regards to refereeing decisions so its hard to get caught up on today imo.

Celtic were by far the better team as you would expect and sloppy play for the 1st sealed our fate. Move on to Wednesday with a view to exploiting any complacency.

Lol.

Hard to type with Brendan's boaby in your mouth?

Celtic had 70% possession. If that's not chasing the game what is?

aye that includes more than 1/3 of game with 10 men.it was pretty even up to then.im biased of course but they were there for taking today and sending off killed us.

Ya bezzrr you are not impartial you look for responses. why do you even bother going? the 3 finals you talk about were against the league champions of Scotland did you expect us to run over the top of them? #deluded

Conceding posession isn't chasing the game. We absolutely contained Celtic brilliantly in the first half with, I believe, the intention of switching it up around the 55/60 minute mark with a change or two. It worked perfectly until the goal, and even at that point all it caused us to do was bring our plan forward by 10 minutes or so. The penalty changed the whole thing...that doesn't happen, we are able to stick to our game plan and it would have been an extremely different 2nd half. Even in the short time between the 2 goals Tanner was already getting some joy down the left, that wasn't just by chance.

People can say it wasn't going for us all they want, but that game was going exactly to plan until Forrest's goal, and even that didn't alter it too drastically.

• Like 6

Gutted but really proud of our boys today. They fought like tigers right to the last whistle - witnessed by the last kick of the game being big Louis's strike against their post. We might well have lost without the penalty but at only 1-0 and with 11 men we were still in the game. I feel for big Cedric but everyone should rally round him now.

Have made my feelings on Craig Thomson before and I can only wonder why he is still being allowed to officiate at all.

• Like 1