League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

I don't believe Thomson smirked because he sent off Cedric (if he smirked at all).

That is well into the realm of paranoia that I think we need to avoid.

Better to focus on what we can control, and that involves things like stringing a few passes together and scoring goals. Both of which we struggled with on Sunday.

• Like 1

What goggles and flippers said.

I dont think Thomson is a cheat, but it is easier to give decisions against the likes of us than give a big game changing decision against Celtic.

Not convinced its a red card, but the new rule only protects the defender for a mis timed tackle or player going over goalkeeper, a genuine attempt to win the ball, but I dont see it as an obvious goalscoring opportunity, so not a red for that reason. (It wasnt even a foul, but if it was...)

This guy has f####d us over so many times its very hard not to think he has ulterior motives

He's dished out 10 red cards in has last 16 games. Admittedly 4 of them have been for us, but 3 of them have been for St Mirren as well. I don't think it's us in particular he has it in for. He just likes sending folk off.

Not paranoia he definately looked like he was smirking. I distinctly remember thinking that while watching it. Maybe it's just how he looks but for since I don't really see him week in and out it looked like a big smug grin to me

He definitely appeared to have a smirk just after he showed the red card, Id guessed it was a response to something that was said to him, rather than him just being pleased with himself though...

Agreed.... still seething about it but we and the team do need to move on and channel that sense of injustice properly. Big test for Robbo in handling all this properly. Given the emotion he was obviously feeling he handled post match really well am sure he will have players in correct frame of mind for Wednesday.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I don't believe Thomson smirked because he sent off Cedric (if he smirked at all).

That is well into the realm of paranoia that I think we need to avoid.

Better to focus on what we can control, and that involves things like stringing a few passes together and scoring goals. Both of which we struggled with on Sunday.

Quite.

Having watched the sending off a few times I cant say I noticed it.

Definitely did smirk/sneer after issuing red card in the face of protests..scottish fans awaydays fb site has a clip showing it clearly.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

123.jpg

He did indeed, apologises about image quality, the video on the fb page shows it quite clearly.

Mayby he is thinking will be banned for 1st league cup section game next year so is it worth gambling clubs money for SFA to admit their top ref got it wrong which they wont . Was howling decision and yes I do think Thompson has agenda with us but time to move on we have another 2 attempts at ending this run so lets concentrate our efforts on that .

I wonder if some conversations have been going back and forth. Maybe it was suggested that if we appealed it then the compliance officer might be tempted to have a look at the earlier foul by Kipre. And, of course, if we won the appeal then Sinclair would have to get done and the Cup win would be tainted.

Sorry, but not appealing the red card is shocking. It vindicates the Celtic fans in it was a penalty. Worst still, the SFA/SPFL not citing Sinclair for a blatant dive is utterly embarrassing - baw is burst.

Craig Thompson is not a cheat - Sinclair is the cheat here. He is more a incompetent clown, and has been for years and years. He has to be the centre of attention and when he was announced as final ref we all called it - again overlooking the fact that he got demoted for a howler in the last game he refereed of ours and should never have been given the final.

As a small club, we have to manage and control what we can. By not appealing we are lying down and accepting it. Surely if we appeal and it is overturned - which is 100% will be as per the laws of football which our "top referee" clearly doesn't know - it may also force the spotlight onto Sinclair, and Thompson will likely get sent back down the leagues again where I'm not sure he even belongs. Juniors maybe. Doesn't change the result one bit, but vindicates that the great "invicibles" needed to cheat to beat our diddy little team.

As for the appeal leading to review of earlier tackle, fine by me. Kipre is still banned - but so will Dembele be as his challenge on McHugh had intent - violent conduct for Dembele is a 3 game ban, reckless conduct by Kipre is 2 game ban. That is the laws of the game.

Ultimately, spotlight will be back on Sinclair and Thompson where is belongs. Club simple HAS to appeal.

• Like 4

As for the appeal leading to review of earlier tackle, fine by me. Kipre is still banned - but so will Dembele be as his challenge on McHugh had intent - violent conduct for Dembele is a 3 game ban, reckless conduct by Kipre is 2 game ban. That is the laws of the game.

Dembele's challenge was seen by the ref and adjudged to be a yellow, intent or not, so won't be looked at again.

Sorry, but not appealing the red card is shocking. It vindicates the Celtic fans in it was a penalty. Worst still, the SFA/SPFL not citing Sinclair for a blatant dive is utterly embarrassing - baw is burst.

Craig Thompson is not a cheat - Sinclair is the cheat here. He is more a incompetent clown, and has been for years and years. He has to be the centre of attention and when he was announced as final ref we all called it - again overlooking the fact that he got demoted for a howler in the last game he refereed of ours and should never have been given the final.

As a small club, we have to manage and control what. By not appealing we are lying down and excepting it. Surely if we appeal at it is overturned - which is 100% will be as is the law of football - it may also force the spotlight onto Sinclair and Thompson will likely get sent back down the leagues again. Doesn't change the result, but vindicates that the great "invisibles" needed to cheat to beat our diddy little team.

Ultimately, spotlight will be back on Sinclair and Thompson where is belongs.

Can Dembele be retrospectively cited, he was yellow carded at the time?

As a small club, we have to manage and control what we can. By not appealing we are lying down and accepting it. Surely if we appeal and it is overturned - which is 100% will be as per the laws of football which our "top referee" clearly doesn't know - it may also force the spotlight onto Sinclair, and Thompson will likely get sent back down the leagues again where I'm not sure he even belongs. Juniors maybe. Doesn't change the result one bit, but vindicates that the great "invicibles" needed to cheat to beat our diddy little team.

Ultimately, spotlight will be back on Sinclair and Thompson where is belongs. Club simple HAS to appeal.

I can't disagree with any of the points you make, I'm just thinking from the perspective of the club. There has to be a reason why they haven't appealed, and the only one I can think of is the financial aspect.

I wonder if some conversations have been going back and forth. Maybe it was suggested that if we appealed it then the compliance officer might be tempted to have a look at the earlier foul by Kipre. And, of course, if we won the appeal then Sinclair would have to get done and the Cup win would be tainted.

If the SFA are trying anything like that it proves the compliance system is corrupt. The tackle and the red card are totally separate.

A fan owned club should be refusing anything to do with pish like that and should be putting pressure on the SFA over objects thrown from the South upper.

• Like 1