League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Still gutted to be honest although what an achievement in getting to the final in the first place after being pretty much written off before the season had even started. Would've loved to see the cup come home to Fir Park but unfortunately that's just how it goes.

Have to agree 100% with Robinson, getting hammered 7/8-nil would've been easier to take than losing that way. Hate cheating in any form ;(

No fear on Wednesday.. COYW!!

to be honest I'm not sure what was worse. The dive and the penalty or all the Celtic fans getting there phones out and lighting up the stadium like they were at a Justin Bieber gig

the worst bit was when the celtic supporters sitting directly above us started throwing coins and full cups down at the well fans and the police doing sweet fuck all about it. There was kids with us and if any of them had gotten hurt I dread to think what would've happened.

wasnt a penalty and that decision changed the game.

Felt first half we kept ourselves in it much like the semi final but we didnt really create anything. its easy look back on and question certain things but what stick in my mind was caddens position in first half. At times he was our most forward player in a central position, surely his strength is out on right wing. seamed to me that our 2 strikers covered the wings when celtic had the ball while cadden chased. Not gonae slate robinsons tactics he has proved to be very adept with his tactics since coming in.

Was a great day out. Pre party at the shed was great and seamed our lot were having a great time. Heres hoping to more cup runs in the near future as it really is exciting for us as a club to have that chance at some glory.

Now.... to end there winning run this week would be just perfect.

SIWY

• Like 1

the worst bit was when the celtic supporters sitting directly above us started throwing coins and full cups down at the well fans and the police doing sweet fuck all about it. There was kids with us and if any of them had gotten hurt I dread to think what would've happened.

Did that actually happen? I was right underneath in section P and didn't see a thing.

Well I hope fans sitting there are taking it to the club / spfl and asking for it to be looked at further. Cos thats not on.

Typical that they wouldn't let Aberdeen fans sit up there for a cup game but it's ok for Celtic fans to be above other fans.

• Like 1

I was actually pretty alright about yesterday (well, as alright as it's possible to be) having seen this all before. Being in relegation battles, losing to Albion Rovers in the cup, administration, all these things make losing in a cup final seem like a "high class problem".

However when a Celtic fan at my work said to me that "at least you had your day out" it was just too patronising for me to take.

Just fuck the fuck off...

Did that actually happen? I was right underneath in section P and didn't see a thing.

Yup. We were up the back of A4 and it was a rain of liquids and coins after they scored and for about 5 mins until we eventually got the plod watching the game to take notice.

It was the decision of the SPFL and NOT MFC to seat Celtic fans above us. Should never be allowed to happen.

Typical Sportsound treatment of the game. Twenty minutes spent discussing Boyd's comments from three weeks ago re Aberdeen players in the Scotland team before discussion of the CF. Stewart says he's not going onto the ins and outs of claims and counter claims and then says Kipre should have been off in the first half. No mention of Dembele on McHugh, of course. Stewart managed to sound bored and defensive at the same time.

Most of the three BBC Sportsound sages thought the penalty harsh but Celtic would have won anyway, ignoring the fact that Motherwell often makes subs and change their tactics around 60/70mins, which the sending-off made impossible.

Then the voice from the crypt, ex-ref Charlie Richmond, texts in to say it was a sending-off because there was no attempt by Kipre to play the ball.

Of course, no-one poses the killer question: Would Motherwell have been given a penalty had roles been reversed? Would a Celtic player have been sent-off in that situation? Is there a decent referee in the whole country?

Nay, nay and thrice nay, suckers.

Had a day to think over the talking points of the game and have tried to look at it as impartially as possible:

Firstly the Kipre tackle. Thought it was a great tackle at the time and when you watch it at full speed on the TV it still looks like a great tackle but when you see it in slow motion it was a dangerous tackle and a red card challenge, however given that Thomson does not have the luxury of a slow motion replay, his real time decision was the right one.

Dembele's was a red card for me. It was intentional, dangerous and there was intent to harm. It looked that way at the time and it looked that way on replay.

As for the two penalty claims, if one is a penalty, the other is a penalty. The only difference is that the Tierney challenge happens at higher speed and off the ball. . Unfortunately Kipre gave the referee a decision to make,That it should have also been a red card seems inexplicable to me. Even if the last man rule still held, (which it does not)it was not a clear goal scoring opportunity. Sinclair was moving away from the goal and Motherwell had two men standing in front of the goalkeeper who were within distance of intercepting the ball. Anywhere else on the park and that challenge would have been a yellow card at the very most.

Having said all of that Celtic were the better team. A moment of quality from Forrest and a world class safe from Gordon the difference between the teams. Small margins.

I feared the triple header a little before yesterday but actually I now feel quietly confident for Wednesday night. If we can just have more composure on the ball on Wednesday night I believe we can hurt them. No motivation needed and the intimacy of Firpark to help us. I am quietly confident for Wednesday night.

• Like 4

Typical Sportsound treatment of the game. Then the voice from the crypt, ex-ref Charlie Richmond, texts in to say it was a sending-off because there was no attempt by Kipre to play the ball.

Ex referee in the Scotsman says it definitely wasn't a penalty. I suspect Sportsound would only quote an ex referee if he said it was a penalty.

Thompson is just a bit of an eejit who like most referees in this country will run into a lot more fans of the Old Firm than of your wee teams in their daily working life or in the supermarket. Can't tell me that will have no subconscious effect.

For an easier life, I'd be more inclined to go for that than he deliberately went out to do us. Can you blame him though, look at all the hacks and pundits, decided it was all over before the ball was kicked. Same thing happened with the semi and all they could do was hang onto the dirty Bowman bullshit.

For me we should have had them on a high press with two players on each man. The centre mid's would be gubbed but it's what you have to do. Thinking Tommy Coyne vs Italy in WC1994.

Regardless, a brush of the arm does not result in a professional athlete going to ground with their legs buckling, maybe Alan Shearer would like to do a study on how a toe to the knee cap does after he's done with his heading survey.