League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Nothing wrong with that at all, providing any criticism is commensurate with the overall performance and result. I would temper criticism with the fact that we want to bed in new players and perhaps experiment a little to find out what works and what doesn't before the league starts. It could be that Robbo intends to play that way in all away games this year and wants to get the players used to that system and it just so happened that our first away game was against Queens Park. I know managers have a thin line to tread in balancing motivating players with constructive criticism but I would be very concerned if our manager couldn't find fault with some aspect of our game irrespective of the result.

I appreciate that but I'm not talking about the manager

The posts aren't even about criticising after a victory

Some of them quite clearly are

I appreciate that but I'm not talking about the manager

Apologies, for some reason my last sentence didn't appear. I meant to say that if managers can find something wrong with a performance so can the fans. No performance will ever be 100% perfect and so some criticism is quite acceptable but it should be set in the context of the result or how well the team has played.

I'd agree with Robinson saying we didn't do the simple thing in the first half. Yes, Queen's tired a lot in the last 20-25 minutes. But the second half we were happier playing the ball side-to-side tiring them out.

If you were booing at half time on Saturday you are an absolute riddy.

• Like 3

I think it's still just a case of who's fittest at this stage. Robinson said last week that guys like Dunne and McManus were still a little behind some others in fitness due to their extended layoffs. No injury problems, just playing it safe.

Absolutely stinking tactics from Robinson today. Trying constantly switch the play to wingbacks who were covered by two players and had no support. Lucky the two Queen's players covering Tait got in each others way for the 2nd goal.

Tait stood around like a spare prick on the right wing, played too high up the park and effectively marked himself out the game with no one able to play a pass into his feet (and who knows what he would have done if it ever got there). Frear tried a bit harder to get involved on the left but struggled to beat his 2 markers.

Tanner and Fisher struggled to get into the game in the first half. Cadden was dropping too deep just to get on the ball, finding himself at right back on multiple occassions while Tait did nothing 30 yards up the wing. Bigirimana never got involved much and he and McHugh couldn't seem to pick a decent forward ball in the full first half.

A hell of a lot to improve on when we come up against stronger opposition.

The tactics were a bit insane. It was like Viewtoakill all over again with Tait. I don't think he did anything defensively either.

I am still not a fan of the back 3. It seems to hold Frear back,yet Tait seems to think he has almost zero defensive duties (based on yesterday anyway,)

The tactics were a bit insane. It was like Viewtoakill all over again with Tait. I don't think he did anything defensively either.

I am still not a fan of the back 3. It seems to hold Frear back,yet Tait seems to think he has almost zero defensive duties (based on yesterday anyway,)

We were playing an amateur team full of new faces, and very light on training preparation.

Tait and Cadden have hardly played together since Tait's injury.

Tait had a few decent deliveries on Saturday, I can see promise on that wing with Cadden

Looking at the squad, given Frear and Tanner are the only natural wingers on our books (and Robinson seems to see Tanner as a second striker/attacking midfielder), I'm wondering if the perseverance with three at the back is less to with the defence and more a way to get width into the team..?

Haven't seen any of the games so basing the question on highlights and what I've read on here...

We were playing an amateur team full of new faces, and very light on training preparation.

Tait and Cadden have hardly played together since Tait's injury.

Tait had a few decent deliveries on Saturday, I can see promise on that wing with Cadden

I don'th think Cadden played on the right. he was all across the pitch. right/left & centre

I think we played a really weird 3-6-1 effort

Kipre Ben Hammell

Tait Frear

Bigi McHugh

Cadden

Tanner

Fisher

I don'th think Cadden played on the right. he was all across the pitch. right/left & centre

I think we played a really weird 3-6-1 effort

Kipre Ben Hammell

Tait Frear

Bigi McHugh

Cadden

Tanner

Fisher

Main concern with this system is that we won't get the best out of Frear. With another couple of signings to come, we can hopefully revert to a back 4.

Main concern with this system is that we won't get the best out of Frear. With another couple of signings to come, we can hopefully revert to a back 4.

Worth noting that AFAIK we played with a back 4 in 3 of the 4 pre-season games. Happy to stand corrected but Stirling was definitely a back 4 with different personnel in each half, Livi looked the same, Gateshead was a back 3 and Barrow a back 4. I have a feeling that without McManus available and with Dembele having kb'd us Robinson doesn't fancy a Kipré & Heneghan central pairing.

Given we're more than likely still looking for another "experienced" left sided centre back then there's every chance we'll revert to a back 4 once that body comes in and/or McManus is fit.

From watching on telly, it looked like Tanner was part of a front 2 and Cadden was mostly sticking to the right.

In a game like that, though, with so much possession and Queens Park bedding in, there was more scope (and a need) for players to switch up their positions to try and create.

I think we'll get more of an idea in the next game, but even then, formation will still be in part dictated by who Robinson decides is the fittest.

Cadden did drift to the right though. Tait would take up a position high up on the right. Kipre would ignore him, then Cadden would drift into the gap between Kipre and Tait rendering Tait's position redundant.

I don't deny that, but he was also on the other side as well, his goal was more to the left.

Said the exact same thing on the podcast. It's a pain.

From watching on telly, it looked like Tanner was part of a front 2 and Cadden was mostly sticking to the right.

In a game like that, though, with so much possession and Queens Park bedding in, there was more scope (and a need) for players to switch up their positions to try and create.

I think we'll get more of an idea in the next game, but even then, formation will still be in part dictated by who Robinson decides is the fittest.

Yeah, I think Tanner is playing "in the hole" as a support player and as i said Cads was on the right but I don't think he was restricted to that side