League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Had most of the ball but as the game has gone on we've looked increasingly desperate and sloppy. Can only remember one save from the Berwick keeper. Berwick are well organized and have defended pretty well up to now and can't break them down. Getting nothing from the right today, need more from Tait and Tanner. Frear has been more involved but his final ball hasn't been good enough. Cadden doesn't seem to know what do when a team in sitting deep and there is no space to run into. He's been ineffective playing behind the strikers.

Hard to judge with only the mixlr commentary to go by, but it sounded like we had most of the game and couldn't create any decent chances, instead went for hitting as many crosses as we could.

Newell seemed to do well when he came on, and sounded like the persistent kind of forward we all like. Also good to see rose get the full game, and moult stretched out to 60 minutes. Not sure why we put mchugh at the back, hopefully just a way to get rose into a game.

Really want Fisher to score soon, it seems that his timing/anticipation isn't up to scratch yet, which is disappointing as I thought he'd be the guy to hit the ground running after his finish to last season.

Oh, and I feel that Frear and Tait could be our top assist providers this year, and I fancy them both to get a few goals each too.

A wins a win but today was pretty laboured against a team three leagues below us.

Berwick never really threatened us and parked the bus but they did it fairly well and perhaps we could take some tips from them about defending.

Overall Moult was kept quiet and we struggled to create much in the way of chances for much of the match. In the latter stages Berwick tired as you'd expect and they started sitting even deeper. This allowed us to start getting a few decent crosses into the box which is where our goal came from but it was pretty basic stuff.

You'd have expected more from all our forward going players today. Newell came on and showed a little bit of movement, Fisher was anonymous though. Frear scored the goal again you expect a Premiership level winger to doing more against part time defenders. He's got the ability to beat players but too often his final ball is poor.

Very difficult to judge the team on these league cup matches as we've been handed a pretty weak draw. We've had virtually no defending to do over the four matches but I can see problems from diagonal balls being played into the space between Tait and Kipre. Look out for that. Still big question marks over players like Dunne, Fisher, Tanner, Rose, Carson etc.

We'll almost certainly learn more next week than we will have over the last month.

• Like 1

Teams are going to put high balls on top of Carson at every opportunity.

I thought that when I saw his youtube highlights. Shorter keepers always worry me - although big defenders can protect them to some extent.

A win certainly, but not perhaps the morale boosting emphatic win we might have hoped for going into next Sunday. Mind you, perhaps that might have glossed over some deficiencies. Certainly not going to be any complacency after late goals to snatch victories against Third Division teams in successive games, that's for sure.

It was a fairly lacklustre stuff. Very one-sided as you might expect but with you little in the way of a cutting edge from us. I didn't really feel any threat from Berwick but I didn't see Edinburgh scoring the other night either, and in truth it didn't look like we were going to break the deadlock either.

It was disappointing to see Hammell go off hopefully the injury proves not to be anything serious. With Heneghan having a niggle and McManus still working his way back it would be far from ideal having him out too.

Still in terms of qualification we've done everything asked of us. Can't argue too much with a 100% record and going through seeded.

Big step up required from a few though when the league action starts.