League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Just watched the highlights on youtube and the 3rd was actually onside. You can see from the lines on the grass he timed his run perfectly.

Watched them too.

Perfect run and pass. Smashing composure to finish too.

Great chances for both side. If Moult and Fisher put their sitters away then it would have been about 5. Probably same for county mind you.

Yep, was onside. The penalty was also right, which I'd guess would mean a red for being the last man.

Funny thing with Fisher is that with that double chance he leathered the ball twice, once right at the keeper and one narrowly missing, then cadds scored with a pretty weak finish. Fisher really need's a bit of luck, and soon before he becomes a Roddie.

How on earth are we going to keep cadden past the transfer window?

Ben Heneghan likes to jump on people, and Dunne looks like worf.

No last man rule if a penalty is awarded, would have to have been reckless/violent etc

• Like 2

Agree with Fizoxy , I think when we play Aberdeen in the quarters we won't have Cadden .Moult though on current form will be lucky to make the starting line up never mind a big money transfer.

The thing with Cadden, as was pointed out when Hearts made their derisory offer, we would be due a fair amount of compensation were he to leave at the end of his contract so it will have to be a decent fee for us to sell him. I think teams may want to wait to see if he can sustain this form before making an offer so I reckon January is more likely to see offers if he does keep going as he is. Massive loss when he does go.

Moult, is he being affected by speculation or is it simply a hangover from being injured and slightly behind the others preseason wise? I know he scored a couple of free kicks in the league cup group stages but it feels similar to Fisher in that he just needs a goal right now to lift him a bit...

No last man rule if a penalty is awarded, would have to have been reckless/violent etc

Players who commit a foul to deny a goalscoring opportunity will no longer automatically be sent off, football's rule-making body has confirmed.

The previous 'triple-punishment' rule required a red card - and therefore a suspension - as well as the award of a penalty under those circumstances.

However, players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned instead.

But deliberate fouls will still incur a red card.

Those include holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball in order to deny a goalscoring opportunity.

Just caught the highlights, looked some game after half time. End to end stuff and lots of chances. McLean took his goal really well, and was onside for me. Few good saves from Carson and Fisher & Moult really unlucky not to score. Hard to really tell from footage if appeal will be successful or not, but definitely a penalty.

Only thing that stood out as constructive criticism was County's first goal was an absolute horror show from our point of view. From our throw in, a relatively wee guy like Schalk waltzes through three defenders with absolute ease. Top finish mind you.

From BBC

Post-match reaction

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson: "We got the performance against Rangers but not the result, but we got both tonight and I think we deserved to get through to the semi final.

Has Robinson been mis-quoted there? Save it for a few weeks :slow:

That was quality. Sitting shattered in the office but scenes like the winner are always worth it.

Carson is tremendous, some fantastic saves and his distribution is different class at times. Cadden looks like he's back to becoming the player we thought he could be when he first burst on the scene. Fisher needs a goal simply because his missed chances are what most folk will focus on (rightfully so to a certain extent given he's a striker), particularly those just watching the highlights - the big man was immense when he came on, yet most of the focus will be on another miss. If he can get that monkey off his back, I think he'll be a real asset for us.

On the flipside, I'd be dropping Moult for Saturday. Looks miles off it at the moment and both Fisher and Bowman contributed far more when they came on.

I don't think any Motherwell fan at the game thought Dunne's foul was actually a foul or that McLean was remotely onside. Having watched the highlights, I think it's safe to see we were all very wrong on both those counts!

Bring on the Dons.

• Like 1

From BBC

Post-match reaction

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson: "We got the performance against Rangers but not the result, but we got both tonight and I think we deserved to get through to the semi final.

Has Robinson been mis-quoted there? Save it for a few weeks :slow:

Saw this earlier - surely its a mis-quote??

Can't believe I made an 8 hour round trip and both teams have fucked it by bringing on a 4th sub. Officials have had an absolute 'mare.

Hope there's sensible pricing for the replayed game.

Not that it matters anymore, but Dunne's red card was 100% correct.

• Like 2

Anything with hands, pulling, pushing or handball will be a straight red.

If a player slides in or tackles and takes player it will be a yellow unless it is obvious he wasnt going for the ball at all.

So there will most likely still be a lot of reds. The idea is not to punish players twice when they make a geninue attempt to play the ball, but not let people get away with delibratley trying to gain an advantage.

I understand what you're saying. If referees interpret that consistently and strictly you could see several red cards per game. Pulling, pushing, shirt pulling, are all very common at corners, free kicks and crosses. Presumably any foul within say 7/8 metres of the goal could be interpreted as denying a goalscoring opportunity.

Fair play to the players for keeping going after being pegged back twice.

Great scenes after the 3rd goal! I absolutely love the "scenes" patter by the way.

Hope we're not missing too many for Saturday as Robinson said a few are now carrying knocks.

• Like 1

Can't believe I made an 8 hour round trip and both teams have fucked it by bringing on a 4th sub. Officials have had an absolute 'mare.

Hope there's sensible pricing for the replayed game.

Not that it matters anymore, but Dunne's red card was 100% correct.

that joke's been flogged to death now.

I believe Carson's save was a cracker!!! It's the way I tell em!! Anyone under 30 will have no idea what I am on about

Try 45

Absolutely horrendous officiating tonight. Just wait til you see the effort from Carson to keep it out only for Dunne to get sent off. Disgraceful. The linesman in front of the Motherwell fans has to have been the worst official I've ever seen.

It's been mentioned now but it was a great foul by Dunne.

what's this 4th sub ye all mention?

• Like 1