League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Finally got round to watching the highlights there. Have we ever had a centre half before that could even have spotted that through-ball to MacLean for the winner, let alone have the ability to play it?

Krivokapic is the obvious footballing centre-half that springs to mind.

• Like 2

It would appear this is one rule you didn't know about mate. I actually thought you were on the wind up with your Robbo/Burrows comment....maybe you were, and if so you have hooked me..... because if not hope you enjoying your big slice of humble pie

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I fear the fun is over my friend. But seriously you ok bro?

• Like 1

I'm not actually convinced he was signed with the intention of him starting, given the main hope for CB was the other dude that rejected our offer.

It just so happened to turn out that he's an absolute JCB of a boy, and can play football as well.

And he's 20.

TWENTY!!

I'm not actually convinced he was signed with the intention of him starting, given the main hope for CB was the other dude that rejected our offer.

It just so happened to turn out that he's an absolute JCB of a boy, and can play football as well.

And he's 20.

TWENTY!!

Pretty much same here. I got the impression he was signed as cover for Heneghan.

I'm sure both Robinson and Lasley have both said that he's miles ahead of where they thought he'd be/what they thought they were getting when he signed.

Sure it was one year with the option of another. Hopefully it's our option and not his....

That was Dunne. Kipré's just a straight 1 year deal I think.

"Motherwell FC is today delighted to announce the signing of central defender Cédric Kipré on a one-year deal."

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/07/05/cedric-kipre-signs-for-the-well/

Is it made public what the club gets from BT for televising the game, if memory serves me correctly I think it is not much for the group stages, but I think as the competition progresses the money increases?

£21k for being on the tv apparently

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15386521.SPFL_announces_record_prize_money_for_2017_18_Betfred_Cup/

Great work by the club here;

It's just £10/£5 for the Betfred Cup Quarter Final match. Well & Dons Season Ticket holders will also get reciprocal reduced SPFL Prem deal.

https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/895926273314353153

Any idea what the "reciprocal reduced SPFL Prem deal" is?

On the Sunday league game Aberdeen season ticket holders can produce a voucher for book to get in for £10/£5 again

When we visit them an a few months season ticket holders can present a voucher from book for £10/£5 ticket

Thanks mate - that's a good deal. Have I missed an announcement somewhere on this 'initiative' - are other clubs involved as well?

The prices for the league game are £15/£10 btw. Still, good work but for the sake of accuracy it's not the same prices as the League Cup game as a few of the posts above seem to be suggesting:

In addition, the two clubs have agreed a reciprocal deal for Season Ticket holders for the SPFL Premiership games on Sunday 24th September at Fir Park, and the reverse fixture at Pittodrie on 18th November.

Dons Season Ticket holders can get into the game for £15 for adults and £10 for juveniles/concessions – full details on how visiting fans can obtain that reduced priced offer will be available on the AFC website.

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for the "why did we only sign him for one year?"complaints.

I saw a story the other day where he says he's happy here and wants to stay longer.... so maybe something can still be done.

I'll find it and post it..

http://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fc/cedric-kipre-i-loved-atmosphere-against-rangers-and-want-to-stay-longer-at-motherwell-1-4526529

Cedric Kipre: I loved atmosphere against Rangers and want to stay longer at Motherwell Cedric Kipre goes in to challenge Rangers' two-goal hero Graham Dorrans (Pic by Alan Watson) CRAIG GOLDTHORP Email Published: 12:06 Wednesday 09 August 2017 0 HAVE YOUR SAY Motherwell centre back Cedric Kipre feels that his new club should have beaten big guns Rangers rather than crashing to a 2-1 defeat in Sunday’s entertaining Scottish Premiership opener. Summer signing Kipre (20), who joined Motherwell from Leicester City, was upset that the Steelmen lost to a disputed penalty kick by Graham Dorrans in a game in which the Steelmen missed some good scoring chances. “I don’t think it was a penalty,” said the Frenchman a few minutes after the final whistle. “I didn’t look at the images properly, but I don’t think the ref was on our side today. “I think we played very well. Especially at the end. We deserved the three points. “All of us are very disappointed because I think we put a good performance in. “There are a lot of positives to take from today. “That’s why we were all disappointed because we feel we could have had a better result.” Kipre never made a senior appearance for Leicester, who paid £70,000 to take him from Paris St-Germain in 2014. But the youngster has already impressed fans with his no nonsense style and was man-of-the-match against Rangers in front of a raucous crowd of nearly 10,000 at Fir Park. “It was my league debut today so I’m very happy to get man-of-the-match,” he added. “The atmosphere today was amazing. The best I’ve ever experienced as a player. “It was the first time for me to play in front of lots of people like that. “So it was very good, I loved it.” Paris-born Kipre told the Times and Speaker that he’s happy at Motherwell and open to staying at the club beyond the expiry of his one-year contract. Kipre and his Motherwell mates are now preparing for their second round Betfred Cup clash at Scottish Premiership rivals Ross County tonight (Wednesday). The Steelmen go into the tie having qualified from Group F with a 100 per cent winning record. Kipre added: “We need to focus, forget everything about today, train hard and take all the positives from today. “We need to win on Wednesday to get to the quarter-finals and then hopefully keep winning.” Motherwell will again bid for their first league win at St Johnstone this Saturday.
Edited by Well-Made
Got it..
  • Like 1

Thanks mate - that's a good deal. Have I missed an announcement somewhere on this 'initiative' - are other clubs involved as well?

Just a one off, by the looks of things due to having two games against Aberdeen in the space of 4 days and trying to help fans afford both games here. Ours is in November at the start of the expenses around Xmas.

Well Chief Operating Officer Alan Burrows: “We have been presented with an unusual anomaly with two games against Aberdeen in the space of four days, both live on BT Sport.

“After positive discussions yesterday, underlining the good relationship that exists between both clubs, we have agreed these various measures to try and make it as affordable for fans both at that double-header and the game at Pittodrie in November, which is the start of a fairly long run of away games for our supporters.

“It’s the first League Cup Quarter Final we’ve been involved in since 2013, so everyone is very much looking forward to the game and hopefully we can continue the positive vibe that is around the club at the moment with a big crowd on the night.”

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/08/11/well-vs-dons-ticket-information/

• Like 1