League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

I'm excited by this one.

Maybe it's just me but I feel we've a lot of unfinished business with Aberdeen when it comes to Cup games and some redress is long overdue.

From late equalisers, to goals not given to missed penalties there's a whole lot of making up for be done. And Thursday's just the night for it.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me but I feel we've a lot of unfinished business with Aberdeen when it comes to Cup games and some redress is long overdue.

From late equalisers, to goals not given to missed penalties there's a whole lot of making up for be done. And Thursday's just the night for it.

Absolutley Andy. I don't care if we win through daylight robbery we're more than due it. I am concerned though by our first half performances and by our defence. It may just be taking time to settle down though. Looking forward to a Kipre/May clash - not for the faint hearted. Both very physical players.

Would be great to get one over this mob, and more than a bit overdue. The fact that they are such favourites of our media would make it even sweeter.

Having said that, they are no mugs and it will take a decent performance to get the win.

Still think that the league points are more important in the longer term, but this match represents a free go to get to a semi final and the cash and kudos that would follow on from that.

Does it really matter who the referee is?. From Saturdays display it looks like Collum, Thomson, Clancy, Madden and Beaton are the tutors at their coaching college of incompetency.

Indeed. Is there a name that people would be happy seeing? It seems every referee we get is greeted with "Aw naw, no him!" these days.

Let's just hope that whoever it is, we don't give him too many decisions to make in and around our box...

Does it really matter who the referee is?. From Saturdays display it looks like Collum, Thomson, Clancy, Madden and Beaton are the tutors at their coaching college of incompetency.

Which makes a Kipre/May confrontation a worry. The MMs know this is a toughie and will use all their "skills" to play the ref. I'm really looking forward to it but will be raging if we end up discussing another terrible refereeing decision after the match. Expecting McInnes to do a Lennon and start talking about Motherwell's new "physicality" or somesuch dreck in The Record.

Big game. Not looked forward to a Motherwell game as much in a while.

Aberdeen have better players but our greatest strengths since the start of the season has been togetherness, fitness, work ethic and bouncebackability.

Both teams drew at the weekend but we have far more reasons to be pleased with our result than Aberdeen do. I've been really impressed with the way the team is giving heart and soul atm but if we're being honest that's only translated into 45 mins of good football per game. To get anything from this I think we'll need a 90 min performance.

Not convinced what Rose is bringing to the team atm, I see people saying he does a lot of the unnoticed dirty work but I personally don't see it yet. He doesn't put in all that many tackles, plus we have Campbell and McHugh in there to provide grit and determination. Rose is playing an attacking midfield role and should be providing creativity. For those reason's I would bring in Bigi or Tanner. I wasn't impressed with Tanner at the cup game away to Ross County but he made a big difference coming on against Hibs to be fair to him. Bigi has come off the bench in the last 2 games and set up vital goals in each. Tough choice but Bigi for me, with Tanner to make an impact from the bench. Isn't it great though that we have all these options compared to last season.

As for prediction....bugger it 2-1 Motherwell!

Im fairly optimistic we can cause a shock, I take heart from the fact Aberdeen have failed to beat Hearts and Killie in their 2 games both teams we have beaten at Fir Park recently.

I believe we are capable of beating anyone at Fir Park on our day and hopefully Thursday we can show people we arent going to be the same soft touch we were last season.

With this match being on nationwide TV I feel that a big plus for us due to the number of non Scots with us is that they will have more reason to play out of their skins to impress the many clubs/scouts watching.

All we need to remember is Louis`s comments over the summer that Motherwell`s strong selling attraction was the opportunity for a higher profile.

Well Thursday is that opportunity as I believe our match is the only game being played in the UK.

I`m not normally too optomistic when we play Aberdeen but I see a 2-1 for us.