League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

For me, one of the worst aspects that contributed to the terrible atmosphere at the 2011 cup final, apart from us being absolutely rotten on the pitch, was the level of drunkenness amongst our support. I get that folk like a few pints before a game and this being the biggest occasion imaginable for Motherwell obviously contributed to many going well over the score. There were folk slumped sleeping in their seats and others barely able to walk. There was also a fair bit of agro and more than a little out of order drunken aggression over minimal issues such as seating.

Maybe these are the "daytrippers" folk mean?

For me, one of the worst aspects that contributed to the terrible atmosphere at the 2011 cup final, apart from us being absolutely rotten on the pitch, was the level of drunkenness amongst our support. I get that folk like a few pints before a game and this being the biggest occasion imaginable for Motherwell obviously contributed to many going well over the score. There were folk slumped sleeping in their seats and others barely able to walk. There was also a fair bit of agro and more than a little out of order drunken aggression over minimal issues such as seating.

I'm not saying that there wasn't drunkenness amongst our support but I didn't see any evidence of it being widespread. I was however disgusted at the sectarian singing by thousands of Celtic supporters.

• Like 1

No the league cup semi against Rangers, we lost 2-1 Lasley scored for us.

I must be losing the plot. I can remember incidents from games in the eighties and nineties but have no recollection at all of this game although I'm sure I would have been there. Was it a bit of a non-event with limited tv highlights? A google search takes me to a BBC report but the highlight link on that page no longer works.

We've not featured in many semi-finals over the years so I'm amazed I've completely forgotten one.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/10/03/semi-final-ticket-information-3/

Semi-final Ticket information
Tuesday, October 3, 2017

BetfredCuptickets031017I.jpg

Motherwell face Rangers in the Betfred Cup semi-final on Sunday, October 22nd.

Make sure you don’t miss the mouthwatering fixture by securing your tickets for the trip to Hampden!

Here is all the information you need, including when the tickets go on sale, how and where to buy and what options are available for you.

Prices

Motherwell FC has been allocated over 10,000 seats with the option for more if required, with prices set at:

East Stand
Adults: £25
Concessions*: £10
Wheelchair User Adult: £10
Wheelchair User Concession: £5

South Stand
Lower Section J1: £35
Lower Section I: £30
Wheelchair User Adult: £15
Wheelchair User Concession: £5
*Concessions are listed as Over 65s and Under 16s.

Season Ticket Holders

Semi-final tickets will go on sale to Season Ticket Holders on Thursday morning at 9am from the Ticket Office. Season Ticket Holders are entitled to purchase up to four tickets each and should bring their season book with them at time of purchase as we will require Voucher C and the Book Number. The Season Book holder will be responsible for any/all tickets they purchase.

Season Ticket Holders will be able to purchase tickets as below:

• Thursday, 9am-6pm from the Ticket Office
  • Friday, 9am-5pm from the Ticket Office
  • Saturday, 9am-2pm from the Ticket Office and the Cooper Bar
  • Sunday, 9am-2pm from the Ticket Office and the Centenary Suite

Should you wish to purchase a Hamilton ticket and Semi-final ticket, please visit the Ticket Office only. In order to speed up the process, we will have a few additional selling points this weekend (October 7th and 8th) in the Cooper Bar (Saturday) and Centenary Suite (Sunday), with both cash and card accepted.

Additional Information

• As per SPFL instructions, tickets will be sold from block G8-G1 with our ‘Singing Section’ in G6 and from I6-I1
  • Centenary Suite Hospitality packages at £70 will be in section I6 (includes coach to and from Hampden)
  • £35 tickets are available in J1
  • £8 bus tickets to and from Hampden (leaving from Cooper Bar)
  • Anyone requiring Ambulant or Wheelchair tickets should contact Brian Davidson on 07725 917161 or brian@mfcdsa.com

Public Sale

Should we have tickets remaining, a public sale will commence on Monday 9th October at 9am -5pm from the Ticket Office for the remainder of the week. Photographic ID will be required at time of purchase.

Telephone Bookings

Due to the short time-scale we are unable to post tickets. These will be available for collection from the Chapman Office from Thursday 12th October or from Hampden on the morning of the match. A £1 admin charge will be applied per telephone booking. No telephone bookings will be taken this Saturday or Sunday (October 7th and 8th).

A cracker as well, Edge of the box, blasted into the bottom corner! Think naismith got the winner a few minutes before the end. Was gutted!

Jelavic turned Hutchy for equaliser. If I remember correctly we went into that on a poor run of form with little expectation but actually played well on the day and yes Lasley goal was a cracker....think it might have been January 2009? or therabouts

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Edit what a load of bolloks....it was January 2011, Naismith did indeed score the winner (in 83 mins) after Las equalised in 66 mins, edu had opened scoring in 20 mins.

We beat Dun Utd 1-0 with a Gow goal in 86 mins in the quarter final. Think Broon was mumpin his gums about getting a bonus for us reaching the semi final even though he no longer our manager but AS EVER might be wrong!

Was hoping they would include well society members in the first sale but meh thems the breaks.

Was thinking that myself. Unless they are season ticket holders, club owners have to fight it out in the general sale.

Seems a bit off.

Was thinking that myself. Unless they are season ticket holders, club owners have to fight it out in the general sale.

Seems a bit off.

Ah the perils of not being a season ticket holder and ending up with a shitey seat in G3 or something :(

Indeed.Should all of us in this category be bombarding Flow with messages of complaint.

Wasn't serious about bombarding Flow with complaints but wasn't joking either that it is a poor deal for those pledging WS members who are not ST holders. I agree ST holders deserve priority but surely WS members should not be lumped in with the sale to general public many of whom I suspect have never been to FP in many years. Is this the way to encourage further investment in the WS?.

Ah the perils of not being a season ticket holder and ending up with a shitey seat in G3 or something :(

Was hoping they would include well society members in the first sale but meh thems the breaks.

Seems a fair point.

I wouldn't think there would be a massive clamour for Rangers fans to sit in the 'well section, as they'll have about 35,000 tickets available to them.

Is there any real need to bother with the season ticket only sale at all? Other than perhaps the reason you've highlighted about 1st pick of seats.