League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

So what everyone is saying is that this is our "Best Chance Ever"?

I think some are getting carried away a little. Rangers have only lost to Hibs and Celtic. They have some very decent players. They have scored 20 goals to our 13 even if we have a game in hand.

If we can keep up the momentum with a win tomorrow and play as we can we ought to give them a good game. But a few on here seem to think we just need to turn up.

I think some are getting carried away a little. Rangers have only lost to Hibs and Celtic. They have some very decent players. They have scored 20 goals to our 13 even if we have a game in hand.

If we can keep up the momentum with a win tomorrow and play as we can we ought to give them a good game. But a few on here seem to think we just need to turn up.

I would agree with that.

Im really looking forward to the semi final and sure well give it our best but whilst Rangers off the pitch are an absolute basket case, they will be comfortably no lower than 3rd this season and can/will still dispose of most teams.

Then theres the ref.

The media, sponsors etc will crave yet another Old Firn encounter and as they somehow inexplicably managed to avoid each other in the draw so far we have that to contend with also.

Who is getting carried away and who are these people who think we need only turn up? Genuine question.

I've skimmed through the last three pages that stretch back a good week or so and can't see anything that could be taken as a view that we need only turn up.

If that's a reference to the observations made about their game with St Johnstone last night then that's quite a leap from spotting an opportunity where we can benefit to assuming victory is assured.

For what's it worth St Johnstone had sixteen corners last night and fourteen free-kicks. Now we don't have a 100% success rate on set-pieces but we do have a guy in the last couple of weeks who alone has scored twice and provided an assist. To re-affirm if we can get close to that then there's an opportunity to be had in my opinion.

And I concur with the view that there isn't anything to fear based on what I saw last night nor on previous encounters since they arrived in the top flight. There were long spells of that game St Johnstone were of their measure and I'd say that was without playing particularly well themselves.

I think your and Milo's caution is well stated but I'm just not seeing or sensing the view that anyone is getting carried away with themselves and assuming a Final place is already in the bag.

• Like 1

I see Pedro playing the mind games already saying that next Sunday is their biggest game of the season!!

Although they have been producing good results, I still think they are still vulnerable and we will have an outside chance of getting a result but will be difficult.

Any news of the referee, if it is Bobby Madden no point in turning up IMO

Who is getting carried away and who are these people who think we need only turn up? Genuine question.

I've skimmed through the last three pages that stretch back a good week or so and can't see anything that could be taken as a view that we need only turn up

We are in good form and I also believe that if we play like we have been, we have a good chance of an upset (in the media's eyes) a week tomorrow. I am heading along with a great deal of hope, but I have done that many times before.

No offence to Dezz but you only had too look at his post a few above to see the comment "we have nothing to fear from this mob". Almost exact same words Craig Bellamy used on Sky before the game about Republic of Ireland before they beat Wales recently.

Whatever you say about Rangers they do have some very decent players in midfield and up front. If we win comfortably in the cup I will be pleasantly surprised.

We are in good form and I also believe that if we play like we have been, we have a good chance of an upset (in the media's eyes) a week tomorrow. I am heading along with a great deal of hope, but I have done that many times before.

No offence to Dezz but you only had too look at his post a few above to see the comment "we have nothing to fear from this mob". Almost exact same words Craig Bellamy used on Sky before the game about Republic of Ireland before they beat Wales recently.

Whatever you say about Rangers they do have some very decent players in midfield and up front. If we win comfortably in the cup I will be pleasantly surprised.

By no means did I mean it would be easy next week, and I agree that they have some very decent players in their squad but having nothing to fear and expecting to win are completely different things.

I'm going into the game with hope more than expectation but if we play like we have been recently we'll certainly give Rangers a game.

As said above, St Johnstone without playing anywhere near as well as they can forced 14/15 corners last night and numerous free kicks in good positions, as well as a few good chances from open play but lacked a final ball. If we're on the ball next week it'll be a good contest.

I see Pedro playing the mind games already saying that next Sunday is their biggest game of the season!!

Although they have been producing good results, I still think they are still vulnerable and we will have an outside chance of getting a result but will be difficult.

Any news of the referee, if it is Bobby Madden no point in turning up IMO

Im not naive enought to think choice of referee cant be important, but Bobby Madden was the referee in the play-off game at Ibrox. I dont recall too many bad decisions that night. We just battered them!

Im not naive enought to think choice of referee cant be important, but Bobby Madden was the referee in the play-off game at Ibrox. I dont recall too many bad decisions that night. We just battered them!

The Rangers team we faced in the playoffs was a shambles, but that said we pumped them, the current team are a much better team than that one but they are average at best,and beatable so another performance like the Aberdeen game and we will be ok.

After next week's league games the worst position we can be in is 5th with a game in hand, and if we are it means that Hearts have lost so it's all good. So we can concentrate on getting a result on Sunday. There are probably 9 positions cast in stone with Dunne (probably) or Hammell, and one of Rose (probably), Frear (maybe), Tanner and Bigi. Any other options?

The Rangers team we faced in the playoffs was a shambles, but that said we pumped them, the current team are a much better team than that one but they are average at best,and beatable so another performance like the Aberdeen game and we will be ok.

My point was more about any perceived issues with Madden as referee v Sevco.

I'm usually quick to defend Dunne, but the big fella was way out of sorts yesterday - SR obviously has a lot of faith in him as I was sure Stevie H was warming before half time with a view to being a half time sub

All that aside, I'll enjoy this good time while it lasts, so a few seasons worth please

MON RA DOSSERS

Not a great game yesterday to sit through but a great result.

Could have been 2 up before they scored and it would have been such a different game. They scored and it took as a wee while to get back into it. Never had any doubt we would score a couple after that but we did make hard work of it a wee bit.

Really pleased with the first 45 from Rose. I can see why Robinson picks him with his height and pace. It's taken him a handful of games to get to this point and jf he can kick on and do it for a full game then he could be great for us this season.

Dunne has been shaky for a while now and looks like he lacks a bit of confidence. Next few games he needs to be told to just keep it very simple. Clear lines and make simple short passes. Do that, be strong and fast then build from there.

Other than that I thought Carson, Hartley, Campbell, Cadden and Bowman had good performances. McHugh, Kipre, Moult, and Tait all average due to varying reasons, and our expectations, in my eyes.

I'd be tempted in the future to drop McHugh into defence and bring in Grimshaw or Bigi. Not for the semi, but could be an option.

EDIT: Wrong thread. Apologies.

I just hope we turn up

At the start of the season we gave Rangers too much respect, they many have improved but so have the well

Time to take the game to them and believe in ourselves

As for the team, Hammell or Dunne for me and rest of the starting 11 pick themselves.

• Like 1

Correct. I would give Dunne the benifit of the doubt for yesterdays performance as its the first time hes played on that embarassment of a pitch and maybe threw him a bit . But he is fast and is strong will need that on Sunday.

It's going to be quite a contrast for the team switching from the plastic midden heap to the wide open spaces of Hampden. If we keep things close I can imagine Frear coming on with fresh legs at some point in the game.

Robinson also mentioned that Petravičius would be fit for this game. Interesting to see if he is in contention for a spot on the bench.

I would fully expect Dunne to start next Saturday simply because of that pace and strength. As we all know though he is pretty limited on a technical level and I dont personally see him as the answer moving forward. Hammell is a safer choice for me and I would not expect him to let us down if picked.