League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Never will I forget it or forgive they chunts or corrupt ref jp Gordon I want revenge have hated these cunts since and 5 months later they invaded the park cause we went 2-0 up hate them so much I used to get up an hour early just to hate them longer everyday

That defeat was 41yrs ago. Let's forget about it and hope Sunday is a classic day to get revenge

Like the others that night I will always remember the feeling when Gordon gave Rangers that penalty. Straight from a punt up the park by McCloy after Greig nearly cut Pettigrew in half. The guys I was with all agreed at that point that all was not fair and we were never going to win that night. I still get mad about it and I am now in my sixties and should have calmed down by now.

Jim Reynolds in the Glasgow Herald said if I recall correctly that " the referee whilst still in the Rangers half resembled a cricketing umpire as he first hesitated then with the raising of his finger awarded a penalty".

Reynolds went on to say the decision was " spurious" . Being a wee boy from Motherwell I didnt know what that word meant. Checked it out .

It meant ridiculous and without substance.

That will do me.

• Like 3

Before my time the 76 game but let's hope the ref has a quiet day on Sunday.

We are more than capable of beating Rangers at the weekend. They are not as bad as some are making out but with the team we have at the moment which has work rate, desire and an element of skill too, and a manager who tactically seems sound and isn't afraid to change it....we have a great chance.

What all the other old codgers said about '76. Wasn't there a hail storm at full time, just to make it even worse? Greig's challenge on Pettigrew at the Ranger's End was a shocker, and their penalty outrageous.

I was having a Lilian Gish in a pub in Larkhall about five years later and found myself standing beside Stewart MacLaren. As soon as I mentioned the SF he began muttering about dark deeds done at half time. Gordon was bent as hell, as was shown later.

Unfortunately, I have little faith in the competence of current refs but I'm sure at least we will show the Sons of William no inferiority complex.

COYW

If your not old enough to remember that game then think back to the shit we got at the play offs . From screwing our away ticket allocation at the last minute right through to the Vanguard Bears statement about karma and relegating us then their greeting when that went tits up.. Fuck them and everything about them.

• Like 1

Another great press conference from Robinson.

I also saw that the Well society tweeted this morning that we had sold over 6,000 tickets so far and how good it would be if every one signed up to £5 per month subscription.

That tweet now seems to have been deleted but it seems the chat of 9,000 tickets being shifted was a bit premature.

What all the other old codgers said about '76. Wasn't there a hail storm at full time, just to make it even worse? Greig's challenge on Pettigrew at the Ranger's End was a shocker, and their penalty outrageous.

I was having a Lilian Gish in a pub in Larkhall about five years later and found myself standing beside Stewart MacLaren. As soon as I mentioned the SF he began muttering about dark deeds done at half time. Gordon was bent as hell, as was shown later.

Unfortunately, I have little faith in the competence of current refs but I'm sure at least we will show the Sons of William no inferiority complex.

COYW

The Sons of William died several years ago. These are his bastards.

• Like 2

I also saw that the Well society tweeted this morning that we had sold over 6,000 tickets so far...

...That tweet now seems to have been deleted but it seems the chat of 9,000 tickets being shifted was a bit premature.

6/7,000 sounds like a more realistic figure and I suspect any talk of 9,000+ sold is nudging towards Celtic Seville calculator territory.

• Like 1

6/7,000 sounds like a more realistic figure and I suspect any talk of 9,000+ sold is nudging towards Celtic Seville calculator territory.

Now I have no idea how many we'll take...in the interview with Carl McHugh just posted on YouTube, Lewis Irons says there'll be 'almost 10,000 Motherwell aupporters will have there tickets for the game'.

Now beginning to doubt myself that I saw a tweet this morning, I'm losing the plot. Maybe the tweet was posted earlier in the week it something.

No requirement for extra reasons to hate The Rangers or indeed to want to pump them on Sunday, but the 1976 chat is hard to resist. Wasnt at the game, I was only 7 but my old man was and I remember him bring raging next day and for some time after it. Pretty sure there is Youtube footage kicking about. Compulsory viewing for every Well fan going on Sunday!

Now I have no idea how many we'll take...in the interview with Carl McHugh just posted on YouTube, Lewis Irons says there'll be 'almost 10,000 Motherwell aupporters will have there tickets for the game'.

Now beginning to doubt myself that I saw a tweet this morning, I'm losing the plot. Maybe the tweet was posted earlier in the week it something.

Fair play if we do take 10,000 as we need as much backing as we can possibly muster. I’ve always thought that due to the opposition being Rangers the figure would be nearer 7,000. Fingers crossed for 10,000 as you would like to think that Liam Irons has more inside knowledge that most people on here. Cannae wait!

No requirement for extra reasons to hate The Rangers or indeed to want to pump them on Sunday, but the 1975 chat is hard to resist. Wasnt at the game, I was only 7 but my old man was and I remember him bring raging next day and for some time after it. Pretty sure there is Youtube footage kicking about. Compulsory viewing for every Well fan going on Sunday!

They got theirs when the club was liquidated.

Our cup history against the mob we're playing on Sunday is short - and not very sweet.

I had the match tickets and bus tickets picked up by one of my staff and he said a figure of 9000 was stated in the ticket office. My post was based on that.

No requirement for extra reasons to hate The Rangers or indeed to want to pump them on Sunday, but the 1975 chat is hard to resist. Wasnt at the game, I was only 7 but my old man was and I remember him bring raging next day and for some time after it. Pretty sure there is Youtube footage kicking about. Compulsory viewing for every Well fan going on Sunday!

All the talk about that 1976 semi prompted me to do some internet searching to see what was out there in the public domain, came across a 10 year old thread on Pie and Bovril started by a workmate of Stuart Rennie who quoted Stuart as saying it WAS in the box but there was absolutely NO CONTACT, and the ref was on halfway line, also that Johnstone did admit as such many years later. Been trying to find an archive copy of Jim Reynold's match report without success but it appears he was an Albion Rovers diehard who 'leaned' towards Parkhead, but was also a great mate of Jim Watt and Jock Wallace. JPR Gordon and his colleagues were caught accepting gifts from AC Milan who paid for a 'shopping spree'. Doesn't appear to be a lot of love out there for JPRG from the fans of any team especially Celtic (funnily enough).

Younger forum members out there are probably fed up with us old codgers going on about this but it is deeply rooted in the psyche of any Well fan of that vintage. The other thing about that night was standing in the open 'celtic' end on a wet cold night with groups of Rangers f****wits marauding around with impunity. My absolute loathing of that club and its knuckle dragging followers was cemented that night and has never left me.

Anyway on to the present day and Sunday, so looking forward to the game. Pre match lunch booked for a group of us. All I am looking for is to see a Motherwell side showing no fear and leaving nothing behind at the end, and a fair crack of the whip from the officials. I can accept a defeat as long as all 3 happen.

I think we have a great chance and the prospect of an end of match rendition of 'twist and shout' by 7000 Well fans has me smiling as I type this. Here's hoping.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Nope, not his way.

No reason to doubt you mate.l but I was convinced a saw a tweet earlier quoting 6k but now I can't find it.

Finger crossed we do take 9,000. That would be an unbelievable effort considering our home attendance last season was generally 3,000-3,500.

No reason to doubt you mate.l but I was convinced a saw a tweet earlier quoting 6k but now I can't find it.

Finger crossed we do take 9,000. That would be an unbelievable effort considering our home attendance last season was generally 3,000-3,500.

You could be right mate and the information given may actually be wrong. Maybe they were just pulling a figure out of the air when they spoke to John. Regardless Im sure we will do the club proud