League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Was waiting for my luggage after flying home from Dubrovnik (Mrs HD arranged the holiday in July) when I got the news from a friend's text.

Still at 30000 feet.....

Despite the Font of All Knowledge that is Willie Miller, I thought Bowman's elbowing was accidental, but it's all we'll hear about, instead of Moult getting a cut head from a flailing arm. His goal was sublime. Carson cool as a cucumber and Hartley is truly the Heart of Darkness at CH. Would I hate playing against him (and Moult, Bowman, Campbell)!

Rangers were lucky we didn't play well in the first 45 or it would have been a lot worse for them.

So much whining from the SoW you could make Scotland self sufficient in wind turbine energy.

Diddums, diddums, diddums.

Inspired by thirdwell piece in Shoutbox, I thank him for that.

Please spare a moments sympathy for poor wee Rangers, cause some big bad boys kicked and tackled them out of the Betfred Cup semi-final and they are no longer able to compete in the final where their birth right says they belong.

This morning I have read the comments made by Rangers fans in the press. The vast majority have complained that the referee was a disgrace, that at least 3 Motherwell players should have been sent off and that dozens of Rangers fans had to attend at the nearby Victoria Infirmary after hearing the sound of one of their stars having his nose broken by Ryan Bowman.

In my 60 years as a 'Well fan I’ve never felt more ashamed that we had the temerity to not lie down as is stated in the RFC Rule book and that The Glasgow Rangers are being victimised by the authorities, officials, opponents, ball boys, the weather, Louis Moult and other non-bigoted sensible thinking people of the world.

I therefore urge that Motherwell, in fact all teams, that play Glasgow Rangers FC in future comply with this list:

a) Do not tackle a Rangers player, especially any of South or Central American or Mediterranean descent.

b) Do not jump for the ball, you must keep your arms by your side and your feet on the ground.

c) Do not shoot in the direction of the Rangers goalmouth.

d) Do not argue with the Rangers manager, because he is always in the right, he’s one of ‘ra people’.

e) If it appears to an opponent that a Rangers player is a little tired/fatigued/bleeding it should be brought to the attention of the nearest official to have the game stopped so that said player may have a seat/tea/coffee/wet sponge and maybe a back rub. (Please note this rest period only applies to players of RFC, especially if things are not going their way).

f) If you are a referee, linesman or fourth official you must remember RFC’s history and the part they have played in the life style of past officials.

Or JUST GIRUT

• Like 1

Love Hartley. Flashes of Craigan after the St Johnstone semi final when he came over at full time.

Rerun at 11:30 on Btsport if you are off or doing a wee 'working from home' today.

Ideal. I am indeed 'working from home'

Superb day yesterday.

On reflection, a solid spine of Carson, Hartley, McHugh, Bowman and Moult. Brilliance from Moult for his second. We didn't even play well and still beat them 2-0!

Bit of an off day for Campbell and Kipre - two of our brightest this year to date. Kipre came into eventually and I thought looked solid in the last 20. Good experience for them both and hopefully take that into the final. Also pleased for Dunne. Had his best game in a while and can take the assist for Moult's second!

Thoroughly good day after a 3 hour drive from my in laws 70th overnight in Portpatrick and a closed A77 due to flooding!

Most enjoyable reliving yesterday through the many posts. Someone rather foolishly forgot to record the game so watching a re-run will need to wait until tonight...

But what a day. I was full of belief beforehand that if we didn't freeze we would have enough about us to win and so it proved. I don't think we started particularly well admittedly, nor indeed at many points of the game were we collectively at a level we've played at before this season, but when it's a Cup tie, and a Semi-Final at that, it's all about the win.

What was however evident from the minute the game kicked off was that we were never for a second going to be intimated or out-muscled by Rangers. Time and time again against Rangers in the past we've lost games in our heads. We've folded when the going got tough or we couldn't match their physicality. I'm loving these pictures of battered Rangers players showing their war wounds or running greetin to the media about being bullied. It is an absolute joy that we stood up to them and it gave us the platform to win the game.

Having seen them at Perth I was convinced that night we had an opportunity at a set-piece against them and so it proved with the opener. After we scored the belief I think everyone got, both on and off the park just settled things down nicely and when Louis the second away there was never any way they were coming back from back. We looked so comfortable. The celebrations for that second as it dropped under the bar will live long in the memory.

A wonderful wonderful day.

Got to go on and win it now!!

• Like 2

I expect Bowman to be banned for the final. Despite having seen him only have his eyes on the ball as he jumps, the media noise about his second half challenge seems to be growing. Even Rodgers making noises about he had sympathy for Caixinha over "challenges you could get away with in the 80s but not now".

Fact that Pēna got away with a worse one recently will matter not a not...

Having eyes on the ball, unfortunately, doesn't let you get off with elbows to the face.

If it does go to a compliance officer, I imagine it will boil down to what the referee says i.e. did he think he missed something at the time or does he stand by his action (or non-action).

If it goes that far, I'd say it's about 50/50 for a suspension.

Actually think Bowman will be fine, after all Jayden Stockley got away with putting Tierney in hospital with an apparent broken jaw at last seasons SC Final, I'm pretty sure that incident was intentional and he escaped a booking. It is however pretty annoying that after our tremendous exploits that most of the press are putting the emphasis on how we bullied them.

Having eyes on the ball, unfortunately, doesn't let you get off with elbows to the face.

If it does go to a compliance officer, I imagine it will boil down to what the referee says i.e. did he think he missed something at the time or does he stand by his action (or non-action).

If it goes that far, I'd say it's about 50/50 for a suspension.

Well aware that eyes on the ball isn't everything but if you watch it back he doesn't seem to 'throw an elbow'. His elbows are out and hit Cardoso in the face. Everyone who jumps for a header has their arms up.

I can see why he'll get a ban. It frustrates though that it's selective punishment on it. Had we lost yesterday, I suspect it would barely have merited a mention...