League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Someone, I think a poster from on here, came up to me after the game and said surely you cant be negative about that Milo? Or words to that effect. Absolutely not! Im still absolutely buzzing!

Ha ha ha! Guilty as charged.

I think in my head when I saw you I was feeling really chuffed for you that you after the years I've seen you spend on here worrying about disasters yet to come that I really really hoped you were enjoying it all (as you would do obviously anyway)

I accept now that clearly has come across me sleverring incoherently in your face.

But it was friendly well intentioned slevvering! :)

Ref was a joke from start to finish and all the media hype about the game is to distract everyone from how pish Rangers are and how well Motherwell played

Rangers should have been down to 9 men and I would also add Bowman should have walked too, so may be it was a good thing the ref was pish

sadly this will just give the ref for the final lots of reasons to book Well players

Ha ha ha! Guilty as charged.

I think in my head when I saw you I was feeling really chuffed for you that you after the years I've seen you spend on here worrying about disasters yet to come that I really really hoped you were enjoying it all (as you would do obviously anyway)

I accept now that clearly has come across me sleverring incoherently in your face.

But it was friendly well intentioned slevvering! :)

Lol!

Nice to put a face to the name!

I really did enjoy it, as Im sure we all did. I was actually fairly relaxed about yesterday, it was a free hit and nothing like the pressure of the play offs. I thought we had a decent chance do it isnt actually a complete surprise that we won.

No matter what happens in the final well never forget yesterday.

• Like 1

I don't think we can underestimate what yesterday was for this group of players and for Steven Robinson in particular.

In the past we've had squads of ex-EPL pros and guys with champions league experience and international caps. With the exception of Hammell, Bigirimana and McHugh, who have all played in some big individual games - for the majority of our team that was the biggest game of their careers.

That it was within a team assembled 4 months ago just make it even more remarkable.

That Robinson has taken Bowman and Moult from an incompatible pair to an SPFL nightmare front two says it all.

Fucking hell - this is a good time.

• Like 2

Rodgers comments are the start of many in the run-up to the final designed to put pressure on the ref before a ball is kicked.

I posted earlier that was Caxinho's idea all last week about how big and physical Motherwell are and how we would impose our physicality on them.

Rodgers will do exactly the same and the media will run with it for the next four weeks. Get used to it. It is always the same.

COYW

• Like 1

I'm sure I saw a post about ticket allocations but can't find it now....

Anyway, we asked for 22'000 in 2011. We were awarded 16'000 and sold out with noises coming from the club that we could have easily sold 22'000.

The league Cup doesn't carry the same history, prestige and prize as the Scottish Cup but I don't think that'll matter a jot - we'll take 16'000 this time round again. I'll be amazed if we're awarded more and wouldn't be surprised if it's less.

• Like 1

Rodgers comments are the start of many in the run-up to the final designed to put pressure on the ref before a ball is kicked.

I posted earlier that was Caxinho's idea all last week about how big and physical Motherwell are and how we would impose our physicality on them.

Rodgers will do exactly the same and the media will run with it for the next four weeks. Get used to it. It is always the same.

COYW

Exactly!

The chat from yesterday should all be about Moults goal and our wonderful achievement in reaching the final with a team only assembled in the summer, but this is what the media do when a wee team has the the temerity to upset the natural order a deny them their tedious bigoted showpiece final!

• Like 1

Does anyone know when the announcement will be made regarding when the final will be?

Will it definitely be the Sunday?

I want to get travel plans sorted pronto

Christ I hope its Sunday 26th 3pm as per SPFL website cos my youngest daughter has just booked her flights back from Galicia in Spain which is not the easiest place to travel from as direct flights to Vigo don't operate in winter. 200 mile bus trip to Porto, flight to Edinb getting in Saturday night, flight back to Barcelona Sunday night, 5 hours onight wait in airport then early flight to Vigo and work on Monday. Now thats dedication! We brought her up 'well'. Will be a proud dad with my 3 'kids' at my side at a game for first time since 2011 and regardless of result I know this team won't let us down.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ref was a joke from start to finish and all the media hype about the game is to distract everyone from how pish Rangers are and how well Motherwell played

Rangers should have been down to 9 men and I would also add Bowman should have walked too, so may be it was a good thing the ref was pish

sadly this will just give the ref for the final lots of reasons to book Well players

I certainly think Brendan Rodgers will play on it leading up to and during the game. Was just watching game again and Sutton mentioned retrospective action against Alves that would be a worry cos they might look at Moult too.

I certainly think Brendan Rodgers will play on it leading up to and during the game. Was just watching game again and Sutton mentioned retrospective action against Alves that would be a worry cos they might look at Moult too.

They can't take any retrospective action against Moult because the ref booked him at the time. Retrospective action only counts for things that were missed, which is why Alves gets mentioned as he wasn't even spoken to for that incident.

• Like 1

If the media are talking about the ref's performance at all it should be to ask the important question as to why he wasn't immediately stopping the game for obvious head knocks. Of course, per normal, the important questions are swept aside in their rush to commiserate with their chosen team and support.

I'm sure the club will be able to use yesterday as a fantastic selling point to English lower league players. It's surely a no brainer to guys like Hartley or Kipre that they'd rather be playing and winning semi finals in front of a 44,000 crowd at Hampden live on BT than sitting on Blackpool's bench or in Leicester's academy.

Louis Moult is the perfect poster boy for this transfer strategy, he's came up here and undoubtedly improved his game, scored barrowloads of great goals in massive games, raised his national profile and cemented himself as a club legend. When he leaves, hopefully with a cup winner's medal, he'll become a much richer man at his next club.

• Like 4