League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

The fact that Celtic have not played us yet must count in our favour. Yes, they are better than us but this Motherwell team are a different animal from anything they have faced domesticlly at least this season. No chance Robbo will have us sitting back asking to be slaughtered like Aberdeen did a few weeks ago.

Getting excited now!

Maybe clutching at straws, but I think Celtic being away to PSG midweek is massive. The additional game, travelling etc will have an impact on their preparations no matter how many they rotate. Meanwhile we have a full week to recover, focus on our gameplan with no distractions.

I thought that with their semi v Hibs. They played Bayern away on the Wednesday and Hibs at lunchtime Saturday, so theyve got an extra 2 days recovery for the final.

Hopefully they get run ragged. Although potentially a good performance, but ultimately losing out could be more demoralising and energy sapping than a routine 3-0...

I wish they had the Anderlecht game after the Cup Final more than the midweek PSG game...that is must win and would definitely have more of an impact on the final than PSG game.

Really appreciating the more positive chat coming from the manager and players and really looking forward to the final. I'm confident we will at least make a game of it this time, and fingers crossed we can pull off an upset. Going very much with "hope" over "belief", but there is no reason we can't pull of a shock.

Bringing their impressive unbeaten run to an end and winning the cup in the process...does it get much better than that?!

Moan the 'Well!

I had been a bit apprehensive leading up to the weekend there, but am very much sensing a return of the quiet optimism amongst both the club and supporters that was present before the Rangers Semi-Final.

For me significance of the Aberdeen result, and the manner in which it was achieved, really can't be underplayed. At a stroke it swept away the concerns about going into the Final on the back of three successive defeats, it demonstrated an ability to not only be comfortable using a different formation but have the ability to actually do it on more than occasion in game, and re-affirmed yet again that Louis Moult is a striker to be feared.

There is a belief and an assurance about us that radiates confidence ahead of games such as these.

Robinson has made the point before about us knowing what we are about and being comfortable in our skin. We know there is a togetherness about the team and there is a mindset among them that will not be intimidated either before or during a game. We also know from experience that going a goal behind will not phase this team in the slightest.

All that combined might not necessarily be enough to bridge the gap in terms of quality but we know that whatever Motherwell side is picked on Sunday they will at least be the equal of Celtic mentally and physically and at the least that gives us a fighting chance.

• Like 6

I had been a bit apprehensive leading up to the weekend there, but am very much sensing a return of the quiet optimism amongst both the club and supporters that was present before the Rangers Semi-Final.

For me significance of the Aberdeen result, and the manner in which it was achieved, really can't be underplayed. At a stroke it swept away the concerns about going into the Final on the back of three successive defeats, it demonstrated an ability to not only be comfortable using a different formation but have the ability to actually do it on more than occasion in game, and re-affirmed yet again that Louis Moult is a striker to be feared.

There is a belief and an assurance about us that radiates confidence ahead of games such as these.

Robinson has made the point before about us knowing what we are about and being comfortable in our skin. We know there is a togetherness about the team and there is a mindset among them that will not be intimidated either before or during a game. We also know from experience that going a goal behind will not phase this team in the slightest.

All that combined might not necessarily be enough to bridge the gap in terms of quality but we know that whatever Motherwell side is picked on Sunday they will at least be the equal of Celtic mentally and physically and at the least that gives us a fighting chance.

Absolutely spot on.

Just caught Hartley and Cadds interview on STV there and the attitude from them and way they spoke about the game was exactly the same as Robinsons'.

Basically we'll turn up in trackies as that's what we're comfortable in. We're a hard working, physical side and won't change what we do just because it's Celtic

There to play the game, not the occasion.

It's that attitude and outlook compared to the defeatist and small time mentality of the past that has me feeling that something special may be about to happen on Sunday.

Bring it on !!

One of our best pieces of business. Heneghan out for a tidy sum - and a better player in.

Yep, you could see within 5 minutes of his first game we had an absolute gem of a player. Just organised the whole back line from the kick off.

Big Hartley has been immense. Might just be me but I wish he wouldn't come out before big games with all the physical approach talk. I think this just attracts attention and you never know could influence the ref in any 50/50 challenges. COYW

No doubt he was asked to comment on our physicality by a journalist. He should have responded that we hoped to match Celtic's physicality and wouldn't be intimidated by them.