New Kit For Season 2017-18

WilliePettigrew

That black away top we had a couple of seasons ago was rubbish. It looked like training gear.

Hopefully the home top has a full hoop, and for the away a white top with claret detail (maybe a sash) would do for me.

I always think the club start selling the kits far to late, they should be on sale about now so kids can get them for going on holiday but it's usually late July August before they are on sale

They should and I suspect most clubs would aim to do exactly that if all things are equal. I have a mate involved in the commercial side of things at another club and I got wee insight recently into to some of the things that can delay a launch.

From supplier and delivery issues, to finding companies willing to sponsor the shirt to even directors calling a halt at the last minute because they think they can squeeze an extra couple of grand out of deal, it was an interesting discussion.

I always think the club start selling the kits far to late, they should be on sale about now so kids can get them for going on holiday but it's usually late July August before they are on sale

Yeah, never understood that? Going as far back as the fluorescent yellow kit, which I'm sure came out in October.

:lol:

I presume we are pretty far down the pecking order of whatever manufacturer we have, which may be why?

It should take no more than five minutes to design a Motherwell home strip. Fuck about with the away one until your heart's content.

Pretty sure the away will be better than this seasons absolute howler.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Our change kits have been, in the main, really good over the last few years, but the two just there were horrific.

Both shite IMHO. The white one isn't aesthetically terrible but it is shining a light on quarter of a century of failure for me.

I have seen some great Motherwell sides play in a white top.

At the end of the day, however, I don't really care what colour it is as we rarely need to wear one.

Are we talking the terrible white "cup" top or the awesome Denim top here?

I was referring to both (white and denim) change kits being shite.

I thought the home one last season was decent tbf, albeit I'd have preferred claret shorts.

We should never mess too much with the home top. I prefer a proper hoop combined with a classy design. The ones that haven’t worked so well recently have been the ones that have been a bit fussy and over complicated the design. The away is for experimentation and no matter what the decide on it will split opinions. I am also in the white away camp, however, the one we had this year was not one of my favourites. The 91 success has been over done in my opinion and only shines a beacon on how long we have went with silverware. I can’t say I was overly keen on the denim away shirt either, although I praise them for trying something different.

• Like 1

http://s3.amazonaws.com/nikeinc/assets/31651/Fa14_Match_AS_Roma_PR_A_Front_native_1600.jpg?1405947751

Sorry, I'm on my phone and no idea how to post pictures, but this is the ideal away kit for me.

The design was a 1970s classic designed by Umbro. It’s surely due a modern day revival similar to the Roma away you have linked.