New Kit For Season 2017-18

WilliePettigrew

To me our late 50s/60s white away will always be associated with the legendary Ian St. John. A unique design that I have never seen any other side adopt. The C&A sleeve hoops were particularly novel. A sponsor free modern version would look superb under the floodlights.

Do you have a foatie?

Right, so 'flow says no new kit announced tomorrow. But, specifically 'not the kit'.

Does that mean a new supplier? - doubtful given the prominence of Macron featuring in the new player photos.

Does it mean a new sponsorship deal?

Or even a teaser of a new strip, or colour of the away?

We extended the deal last year, for another 3 years

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2016/05/20/well-extend-psl-retail-deal/

Do you have the proper socks for the blue mini kit in yet? The wee man got one for Xmas but it had baby socks included. I ask every time I am in and no joy with replacements yet.

The level of caring ranges from folk like you (and me) who won't be buying one and don't really mind, to the likes of underboyleheating who will have a mild stroke if one stitch on the badge is 0.5 microns off centre :ph34r:

• Like 2

It was old school Umbro from circa 1959. It would need to be brought up to date, however, you can see just how unique it was from this...

C2mp-3QVEAEfZ-l.jpg

Yes, could live with that, or a Sampdoria sandwich-style design.

I could also live with Delaney, Wylie and McBride trotting out on to the sacred turf.....

• Like 1

Do you have the proper socks for the blue mini kit in yet? The wee man got one for Xmas but it had baby socks included. I ask every time I am in and no joy with replacements yet.

I couldn't find Penny's for the game she was mascot, the replacements I got were absolutely massive and folded over about 10 times. Cutting to the chase though I've since found her socks and they are too small, they are a 6-7 if any use?

I couldn't find Penny's for the game she was mascot, the replacements I got were absolutely massive and folded over about 10 times. Cutting to the chase though I've since found her socks and they are too small, they are a 6-7 if any use?

Thanks for your kind offer mate, I've dropped the shop a message, but may take you up on that depending on the outcome.
  • Like 1

I'd like to see a return to the claret away kit with Amber pinstripes. Looked well smart long sleeved. Shame the sponsors logo fell straight aff it

I've always felt the claret away strip was completely pointless as it clashes more with the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts etc than our amber home strip does. The only other teams we'd need to wear an away kit against would be Partick and Hamilton and they have varying amounts of red in their strips as well.

I've always felt the claret away strip was completely pointless as it clashes more with the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts etc than our amber home strip does. The only other teams we'd need to wear an away kit against would be Partick and Hamilton and they have varying amounts of red in their strips as well.

Have to agree on that one. I think it was quite a nice modern reworking of the C&A stripes we wore before the hoop but it actually increases the colour clashes. Since I don't like seeing 'Well play in blue for obvious reasons and we abandoned that in 1915 anyway, we don't have many options if we don't play in a predominately white change kit.

Having said that, being firmly in the UBH camp, as long as we play in a hoop and white shorts, I could probably accept heliotrope and pink stripes with frilly knickers as the change strip: it would be an improvement on the infamous Jester's Outfit, after all. That cheesed me off so much I needed counselling.

• Like 1