2017/18 Fixtures

Well-Made

Have the tv games been confirmed for that first weekend? Likely be an early kick-off on the Saturday.

Do the champions not traditionally open the season?

I'd expect sky will be at parkhead for them unfurling the flag at 1230 on Saturday, and we'll be on BT on Sunday (especially as Rangers may have a European game on the Thursday if they get through the 1st 2 rounds?)

• Like 1

I can see Hibs having the biggest travelling support next season outwith the uglies.

Tend to agree, my brother in law is a jambo and says atmosphere there is toxic and will go into complete meltdown if they dont start well. Hibs fans i think more likely to stay behind them in numbers even if they have a poor start...if they start well then their away support will be big.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I can see Hibs having the biggest travelling support next season outwith the uglies.

That will help our bank balance, but I doubt if they'll travel in quite so large numbers as you think.

Hibs fans will turn out in huge numbers at the start of the season but then die away as time goes on. They're used to winning but when they meet tougher opposition and results are less impressive they'll decrease. Ever since I can recall Hibs fans have been mercurial - decent teams are viewed as world beaters and mediocre / poor teams are seen as being the worst ever.

Have the tv games been confirmed for that first weekend? Likely be an early kick-off on the Saturday.

Kind of hoping it's the Friday night or I won't be able to make it. Not sure of the Europa league qualifying dates but that might push it to the Sunday...

Europa League 3rd round qualifiers, second leg, are scheduled for 3rd August. I've no idea though what round the Scottish sides are in at and what the likelihood is of making the third round, but on the assumption that that Rangers do, yes you would be looking at the Sunday.

Do the champions not traditionally open the season?

I'd expect sky will be at parkhead for them unfurling the flag at 1230 on Saturday, and we'll be on BT on Sunday (especially as Rangers may have a European game on the Thursday if they get through the 1st 2 rounds?)

So hows does this first fixture pan out now?

BT friday night?

Surely a full-time professional Scottish team can beat the part-time, 4th best team in Luxembourg who have lost to League of Ireland teams 6 times out of 6.

Of course we have a chance of beating them, but if anything, I suspect they will be even more intent in getting off to a good start to their league campaign than they are now.

Will not be an easy game.

Surely a full-time professional Scottish team can beat the part-time, 4th best team in Luxembourg who have lost to League of Ireland teams 6 times out of 6.

Of course we have a chance of beating them, but if anything, I suspect they will be even more intent in getting off to a good start to their league campaign than they are now.

Will not be an easy game.

Tend to think the same. They'll also manage to get some friendlies and closed door games set up I'd imagine.

However, I can't wait to get stuck into them and hopefully come away with the points.

• 2 weeks later...