Pre-Season 2017'18

stuwell

clubs usually try and take the piss when it comes to pricing pre season friendlies,so its good to see very sensible prices put it place for this,under 16s getting in free for friendlies should be a rule.

If anyone is getting the train up and is heading for a pint or 2 here are your options from someone who lives here:

There's only really 1 big sports bar in town, right up from the station called Morrisons Cold Beer Company, good choice of beers on tap and a big boozer. It's the old post office for those familiar with the town.

Just round the corner is Molly Malones, we have always liked it for a pint and strangely it doesn't feel like the pseudo Irish theme bar I suppose it is.

For those of a craft beer persuasion there's a Brewdog up Friars street, the hill across from Morrison's, still only a few minutes from the station. There's a big spoons next to that and a 4 or 5 other boozers in that area.

All these pubs are in town so a good 20 minute walk to the ground, over the railway walkbridge and past the Cinema. There's a brewers fare type pub across from the Cinema and another one next to the ground if you want something like closer, but I'm not a fan of those places for a pint.

There's also a small bar in the main stand, bottles only though, but Well fans will have no issue I would think.

Looking forward to it, first 'home' well game for me and I've lived here for 15 years!

• Like 2

Motherwell fans will be housed in the East Stand via turnstiles 9 & 10. (From Stirling twitter)

​Looking forward to the football being back. Shame we won't see Bigirimana tomorrow also sounds like the other trialists will feature at some point.

One of the interesting aspects of the friendlies for me will be where abouts McHugh plays in the friendlies. Is he being played as a centre half or centre midfield?

Hopefully centre mid for me.

Given we have 2 centre halves on trial who are guaranteed game time along with Heneghan and McManus I'd imagine McHugh will be playing in midfield (if he plays).

Yeah Daver it's 0-1 to us, ten or more subs at half time....

Motherwell Starting XI: Griffiths, Tait, McManus, Frear, Rose, Dunne, Kipré (t), Campbell, Tuton (t), MacLean, Tanner

Subs: Morrison (GK) Hammell, Heneghan, Cadden, McHugh, Bowman, Dembélé (t), Clay, Thomas, McMillan, Gordon

Moult, Fisher, Bigirimannn and Carson not in squad as carrying knocks

TEN changes for 'Well. (at half time) Team will now be: Griffiths, Hammell, Heneghan, Dembele (t), McMillan, Cadden, McHugh, Clay, Thomas, Gordon & Bowman.

On the upside it was a well take goal from Tuton.

Dont get carried away Ya Beezer, mind, he's not actually our player .......